TM Troopermaster has recast CFO cast from original.

sskunky

Hi everyone,

It is with great sadness that I have to bring this to your attention.

Troopermaster has recast my CFO ROTJ JoeR Stormtrooper helmet.

I know this will be a hard one for some people to accept as Paul has always maintained his excellence in sculpting.

Well Paul, I’m sorry to say your sculpting skills don’t really live up to what you proclaim.

What I’m about to show you are a series of photos of the JoeR faceplate next to the TM ROTJ faceplate I received in a kit from Paul, that a friend of mine purchased.

Whilst Paul has sharpened a few details, notably the tears have been sharpened along the edges and the middle bulge has been sanded down. The bridge of the nose has also been sharpened as has the eyes, more so along the underside. Other than that all the asymmetry is identical as are the lumps, bumps, dents and kinks. The way the light cast shadows across the two faceplates is a massive tell. There is no way you could create that similarity to that level through sculpting. I don’t care what you say. I’ve been doing this too long.

All helmets I have had the privilege to offer have their own unique asymmetry. That’s something that does not carry from helmet to helmet. A lot has to do with how it was assembled and then taken apart for moulding. The way the parts are supported when moulding and the way the helmet has been glued together effect the memory of the plastic and it’s asymmetry.

dbda71e126ebbc3a761331a6825a97a2.plist

c612be6b0396a9f244fa7d75a1721536.plist

aed893772b1675f90769407c33b7b210.plist

6c444b4f0937d577ddf9d6c9ab866144.plist

037af35e3ea815ffb2cd2130e0d1aaae.plist

52c7e0b5db104a3f9ad995bcb2858476.plist

b77845bf9652b63d57af33d63bfcbb8a.plist

5c7040f5d037e197de5cad760024ea56.plist

b71adbd7ce00e392a1b31a948d3ee047.plist

3c2812446d276f3bfe83c52edfd2c1cb.plist

74283bf57c3ce58f54725be7a7263937.plist

c17980759455beb079a83759268f9411.plist

Moving on to the video I show just how close TMs ROTJ back n cap is when compared to the CFO JoeR.

It fits inside the JoeR back n cap perfectly in asymmetry and size, yet the CFO JoeR does not fit inside the TM due to the fact that the helmet was cast from mine therefor shrinkage on a minuscule scale prevents this.

The trim lines are identical to the CFO JoeR.

98bb9b1152972763eae4b7191a0bac65.plist

Now the most damning evidence I can show you is the TM ears.

When I saw these ear vacuum pulls from Paul I immediately saw a resemblance to my old production ear moulds I personally made, moulded and cast. Even down to my tooling and moulding marks and defects. This to me is the fingerprint of recasting. If you are going to blatantly recast and rip off a fellow vendor then at least have a bit of self respect and change the moulds. They pop on my moulds with an almost satisfying click. I say almost satisfying as they are a recast.

a8f90919de693e8de9cf9dca85c2b9e8.plist

38521b2ac446ea2bf6e5c5703bae0c44.plist

e83b436b463f6accbf0434867002320d.plist

48488a35358b31df635d0bd9fddfba01.plist

febde36db572022a2d503f75d0771ddd.plist

a711bacf0e86ab6beb0d7b032798f280.plist

9e58cff9802d9386920e93f6c53ede64.plist

I have lived with the JoeR and made these helmets, offering them to the community for over 10 years. I know this helmet inside and out better than anyone else on this planet.

As we all know, all the original helmets have their own unique asymmetry, details and character. That is also true for each replica.

I have many moulds of different original stormtrooper helmets and they all have very distinct tells to them. I also own an original screen used ROTJ stormtrooper helmet. The only way to accurately capture those unique features is by making a carbon copy. And they are obvious to someone with a trained eye, which I dare say I have, as I have not just been studying these, but been making them as well for a good decade now.

I have studied these helmets for over a quarter of my life. This is what I do.

What really gets me is that I have always shared my company in full transparency, honesty and a good customer service. I go to great lengths, time and financial expenditure to bring you, the community helmets and armour cast from original sources available nowhere else.

When I purchased my original screen used Stormtrooper helmet I immediately shared it with Paul, sending him many close up photos and sharing information on the mic tips and internal suspension system and materials. Paul engaged with me knowing all this time he was ripping off me, my company and my products.

To top it all off and to show just how confident he is, Paul sent me a message through Facebook to ask if I could help him out as he couldn’t get and decals for a couple of kits he was sending out. Turns out one of those kits was for my friend. The kit arrived without decals or mic tips.

So Paul, I would also be interested to see just what your mic tips are cast from. I would also like to invite you to show off all your amazing sculpting skills to this community in a bid to clear your name. Because as it stands if you are happy to recast my ROTJ helmet what else are you happy to recast?

I know a good number of very talented sculptors and all, yes all are proud of their work and constantly show pictures of their sculpts. You for some reason do exactly the opposite? This alone tells me something fishy is going on. It’s not normal. You are however happy to show finished products off telling everyone just how good you are at sculpting and how accurate you can get them. Strange that.

Shame on you mate. I honestly respected you for your fantastic work. But now all I see is a individual that just can’t stand to see another vendor producing accurate products that are not available to you..

I was thinking about contacting you privately and giving you the chance to explain yourself and remove this recast and any others from your product list. But as you did not pay me the same courtesy when you decided it would be a good idea to try and diminish my business and recast my products I see no reason why I should pay you that respect.

This will rock the costuming world and upset a good many people that have trusted you and spent their money on your recasts. For that I’m sorry.

Paul, this is inexcusable.

To think that you accuse me of being a recaster and criticise the accuracy of my helmets. How ironic. They seem to be accurate enough for you to recast!

This also brings into contention everything else you make. If you are happy to recast CFO then I’m pretty sure you are happy to Recast anyone and anything.

Nows the time to show us all those amazing sculpting skills you have from the beginning lump of clay to the finished product.

I’m giving you every opportunity to show us your sculpting skills. And by that I don’t mean tipping a slurry of body filler and resin into a vac pull. Because let’s face it we can all do that. But to sculpt a stormtrooper helmet from scratch, ground up and get every little bit of asymmetry, exact sizing and detail correct takes some skill. A skill you have so far eluded to demonstrate.

So after presenting my evidence and findings I invite Paul to explain himself.

Not only is the most frowned upon action in this community it is also a kick in the face to me as a trusted fellow vendor and all his customers and loyal fan base.

In a world that is tough enough selling props as it is, to have a fellow trusted vendor whom I share information and photos with do this to me is just soul destroying.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by starsaber25
DCOG Edit Private Message
  • Like 12

The F.I.S.D  is full of newcomers who have no idea what this is about . 

Only a few regulars and site supporters really comprehend the enormity of these accusations. 

That's why it's not getting noticed, and it's buried away in " recasters discussions" forum which no newbies care about . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob .T . said:

The F.I.S.D  is full of newcomers who have no idea what this is about . 

Only a few regulars and site supporters really comprehend the enormity of these accusations. 

That's why it's not getting noticed, and it's buried away in " recasters discussions" forum which no newbies care about . 

For what it's worth, staff didn't move it here. This is where Mark posted it. I also agree it's a shame a lot of newbies don't pay attention to this part of the forum. There's a lot of history here to learn from.

• Like 4

For what it's worth, staff didn't move it here. This is where Mark posted it. I also agree it's a shame a lot of newbies don't pay attention to this part of the forum. There's a lot of history here to learn from.

This is where I was told to post it by FISD staff. Personally I think it should be in announcements. This is a pretty huge revelation in the prop world. .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sskunky said:

This is where I was told to post it by FISD staff. Personally I think it should be in announcements. This is a pretty huge revelation in the prop world. .

Gotcha. My bad, I seem to have spoken too soon as I didn't go and read up. Sorry Mark. 

Shocking news Mark, just shocking. Some of us have been around a long time and understand the significance even if the noobs nowadays don’t. 

• Like 4

Presumably TM will now be removed from the Vetted Vendors list? Im a proud owner of a CFO kit, saddened to hear this. TM has always had a 'holier than thou' mindset and his attitude has been downright rotten at times. If hes been ripping off one vendor...I wonder if there are more?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am as shocked as the next. But, I have heard from my contacts that you are not the only one he has done this to. I'm not going to name names, as I believe it should be their decision to bring this to the fore. All I can say is from what I have been told, this goes deeper. Mark, a was absolutely gutted to find this out today. The one core value in this community is that you own your own work, and respect others work. I had this happen to me a couple of years ago, and the community got right behind me. We have your back mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Colin1138 said:

Presumably TM will now be removed from the Vetted Vendors list? Im a proud owner of a CFO kit, saddened to hear this. TM has always had a 'holier than thou' mindset and his attitude has been downright rotten at times. If hes been ripping off one vendor...I wonder if there are more?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Unless this charge is reputed, or some deal is worked out to the satisfaction of the accuser (Mark / sskunky), then yes 100% he will have to be removed from the vetted sellers list.

The reason that few pay as much attention today as perhaps in the past that this type of thing hasn't been brought to light in a long time, as least since piratetrooper was banned permanently from these boards by openly recasting TE2, and Tony (TE2) complaining.  TM could also face permanent expulsion from this forum as well.

If @sskunky wants, this can easily be moved to either the Off Topic area or more likely the Hard Armor area.  This forum (Garbage Compactor) wasn't intended to be where this type of thread to go here, as it's not a discussion where someone says "Hi, I noticed something, is this correct" vs. "I'm accusing someone of recasting my stuff".

• Like 2

088804e4ac2c9c14c4ff98069871f8ee.jpg

Check the eyes line, are completly different, this is mark photo one face has rounded under-eyes, the other square, the nose between the eyes is different, the windows on the cheekbones are different, and one is higher, as well as having different inclinations, let me understand, you are talking about measures or modules, because there is a big difference

57 minutes ago, GodOfLibra said:

088804e4ac2c9c14c4ff98069871f8ee.jpg

Check the eyes line, are completly different, this is mark photo one face has rounded under-eyes, the other square, the nose between the eyes is different, the windows on the cheekbones are different, and one is higher, as well as having different inclinations, let me understand, you are talking about measures or modules, because there is a big difference

Sorry bud, your looking at one photo! hes slightly changed changed his buck, but left the tell tell signs of it being recast!  the camera doesnt lie!! check out the other photos.. Paul was called out a long time back bout recasting!

• Like 2

Sorry bud, your looking at one photo! hes slightly changed changed his buck, but left the tell tell signs of it being recast!  the camera doesnt lie!! check out the other photos.. Paul was called out a long time back bout recasting!
Agree, just sharpened up some bits

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

TM has sharpened and changed bits here and there including the eyes, bridge of the nose, traps and emphasised the kink.

• Like 3

This is pretty sad, judging  by the pictures and the evidences presented  here there is little to no doubts at all that Mark work has been recasted. I have not been an active member here  for a while but recasting has never been allowed in this community. I can proudly say I get along with everyone  and I hate to take sides but this time  I stand  on Mark side. Sorry mate this happen ed to you.

Cheers

A

Edited by AJCG
  • Like 1

Read the news on facebook... 

I am really sad about this. Really sad. As I wrote on facebook, even feel heartbroken. 

I too believe I get along with everyone in the community by not taking sides... but I do believe this is just too clear not to see as it is. 

As I said... sad, heartbroken. 

Saludos. 

Juan

And yes... most newbies (and recent generations) cant see or understand the implications and importance of this all. 

• Like 1

Mark approached me about this, showing pics without pointing out things or naming anyone. Not only did I instantly see the tells of it being recast, but also knew it was TM's work from the distinct mesh pattern on his vac former. Quite the shock! Although rumours like this have been going around ever since I joined the community over a decade ago, his parts have always been so uniquely sculpted (some would say modified) that there was no clear trail to the work of others. Not so much on this one... 

I am surprised TM has not replied to this himself yet. 

Edited by R2Dan
  • Like 2

Wuuuuh, what a bomb.

Even if the pictures clearly speak against Paul, his words would definitely interest me why he did it.

And that's the thing about a trial....to give a chance to explain themselves.

Only one thing... nobody was there when the buddy from Mark has unpacked the stuff from the box.
Where is the postal sticker where marked the name "Paul Abernethy"?
I'm just irritated that everyone's jumping on it with dung cables without to hear what Paul says to this accusation.
Nobody knows the real background.

Edited by DarthChridan
  • Like 1

Wuuuuh, what a bomb.

Even if the pictures clearly speak against Paul, his words would definitely interest me why he did it.

And that's the thing about a trial....to give a chance to explain themselves.

Only one thing... nobody was there when the buddy from Mark has unpacked the stuff from the box.

Where is the postal sticker where marked the name "Paul Abernethy"?

I'm just irritated that everyone's jumping on it with dung cables without to hear what Paul says to this accusation.

Nobody knows the real background.

I clearly show where Paul has written in his handwriting his full name, return address and telephone number. I covered the address and telephone number for security reasons. I didn’t think it was a good thing to do to anyone to post that kind of information on the internet despite the topic.

And No, it was impossible to get a group of witnesses together for the opening. There is a pandemic going on. I’m pretty sure my evidence speaks for itself.

I would also like to hear why Paul did it. I’ve invited him to say so but so far he has declined.

The real background? The background is that he blatantly recast my helmet. There is no other explanation. I’m sorry if this is hard for some to accept but this is a pretty much open and shut case. I have never given Paul permission to cast any of my props, helmets and armours. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 4

I was really disappointed when I first saw the info, as this hobby is in a difficult spot right now - and the one thing it really doesn’t need is one producer ripping off another’s work.

The evidence is pretty conclusive. For me the slam/dunk moment was how TM's casts have the exact same 'tells' as the CfO - yet these give-away tells were specifically added by CfO as part of his mould-making process. Hence the TM can only have derived/been recast from the CfO.

Such a shame as there are so many opportunities for propmakers to come out with cool and exciting stuff, rather than poaching off others hard work.

Cheers

Jez

StarWarsHelmets.com

• Like 3