Hello from Colorado

Hello!

I'm ready to start my first Stormtrooper build. I'm going with a First Order TK (am I doing this right)?

I've done cosplay off and on, and I especially love building props. I decided to join for a few reasons. I'm trying to push myself to the standards of the 501st - I've always been a little obsessive about details, so I wanted to turn that into a goal with a reward :D I also love what I see the 501st does in the community. You bring smiles to kids faces, you volunteer for charity events, and with the recent pandemic, I see a lot of you are real life front-line heroes too.

My daughter is also a Star Wars fan, so I want to do something to make her proud.

I got my kit recently and I just laid everything out today. I'm feeling overwhelmed (the thermal detonator pieces took me waaaay too long to figure out, LOL), but I'm making a plan and looking forward to working on it in the warmer weather (if it would ever get here!)

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Christin!  The thread that Daniel provided will help you immensely, but I would also highly suggest starting your own build thread here.  That way, you can post LOTS of photos as well as ask as many questions as you like.  We are here to help 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Christin!

You have come to the right place.  There are plenty of OCD, accuracy hungry members here to help you on this build journey you are about to embark on. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...