Request for bending thigh ammo pack

My armor is made of abs (850AW Rogue One)  The pack came flat.  Does anybody have the process of heating it with hot/warm water so it will bend/mold to the thigh? Or any way of making it happen. Thanks Ben

Edited by TerribleBen

Exactly as Troy said... just bend them around the thigh and the rivets** do the rest.  Remember that the back ends of the ammo pack should be an equal distance from the rear corners (see blue lines below) of the thigh ridges on each side.

qAsuoZf.jpg    SyTzqxd.jpg?1   J7iZwBU.jpg?1

**The ones used in the films were "single cap" rivets, but split rivets are 100% acceptable at every level.  This thread may help.

The top of the front should ideally be high enough to cover the lower ridge of the thigh as seen in the first pic below and the one on the left in the second photo, but there were others seen the films that had them lower.  Some E-6000 will hold them to the ridge and keep them from sliding down.

wcVMgtt.jpg?1     EMkXKnB.jpg?1     swZy2dt.jpg?1

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm building Rogue One armor so no rivets.  I get to glue mine and am looking for a way to relax the abs so it will curve around the bottom of the thigh easier. Cheers

Edited by TerribleBen
  • Like 1

Check out this build thread, there are a few references to using a hot water bath through out.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43820-joby619-anovos-tk-build-2018/&share_tid=43820&share_fid=44557&share_type=t&link_source=app

And good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1