For Luke (Terminally Ill Child; Troopers Needed)

Erice3339

Preface

A Spec Ops Detachment staff member approached the DL with a message that said DL subsequently shared with the Florida Garrison CS. I also wanted to spread the word here. In short, Lucas, or "Luke", is terminally ill with brain cancer, and the staff member, who is Luke's family, is looking to compile a video following the instructions quoted below. Alternatively, if you are unable to film a video in the time allotted, Everglades Squad has setup a virtual event where you can post photos with words of encouragement to Luke. His family will be given the link on the 17th to view all the posts. You are welcome to do both if so inclined. If you have any questions, please contact me; otherwise, please feel free to share this opportunity with your squads, garrisons, and other detachments. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/events/301955967463657/

[BEGIN QUOTE]

"Help me SWIN family, you are my only hope.

Calling all 501st, Rebels, and Mercs. Grab your costumes and video cameras, a young boy needs us!

I was contacted this morning by my aunt, after she discovered that I'm part of the Rebel Legion. She informed me that her great nephew, on her husband's side, Lucas has brain cancer and is in hospice at home. He has been visited by our troopers in the past, which he loved.

Unfortunately, Lucas isn’t doing well and will not be with us much longer. With Scott’s help, I’m making a video for Lucas to lift his spirits and give him a loving distraction.

I’m asking ALL of you to make a quick video in your costumes waving and saying hi to Lucas. Lucas LOVES ewoks, so if you are, know, or have an Ewok that can join in your video he would love that. Lucas likes being called Luke, so that he is like Luke Skywalker...so feel free to use either name.

We need these videos in by this Monday, May 17th at the latest! Given the situation we might even need to have the video ready sooner, so please send your videos ASAP! Please send your video to Tx62000@gmail.com . Use the email title “For Lucas”

[END QUOTE]

Edited by Erice3339