TK-11672 Requesting HWT EIB Status (SDS) [APPROVED] 2nd

Name: Carsten Hüne
501st Legion TK ID: 11672
Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=31364&costumeID=124
FISD Forum Name: Sidius
Base ANH-S Suit EIB Link:

Garrison: German Garrison / Echo Nova Squad
Armor: Shepperton Design Studios (SDS) Battle Spec
Helmet: Shepperton Design Studios (SDS) Battle Spec
Blaster: DLT-19 (3D printed Kit by Tk421propstop, self-assembled & painted)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 244 lbs (at the time of the photo ;))
Undersuit: Rough Radical "Black Iron"
Boots: unknown
Canvas belt: made by "felice" [TK-20047] (German Garrison)
Hand Plates: Latex on Rubber Gloves
Electronics: TRamp Voice Amplifier
Neck Seal: 16 rib / made by "Girls Got Fabric" (Facebook)
Backpack: completely self-made
Pauldron: unknown
Ammo Pouches: leather

20200510_203634.jpg20200510_203739.jpg

20200510_203818.jpg20200510_203702.jpg

20200510_203823.jpg20200510_203713.jpg

20200510_203827.jpg

20200510_203722.jpg

20200512_132730.jpg

20200512_132750.jpg

20200512_132814.jpg

20200512_132832.jpg

20200512_173649.jpg

20200512_173624.jpg

20200512_132020.jpg

20200512_135231.jpg

20200512_134801.jpg

20200512_134707.jpg

20200512-134609.jpg

20200512_134638.jpg

20200510_204325.jpg20200510_204458.jpg

Oh...and yes, the Sniper knee plate has slipped behind the thigh - unfortunately I only noticed that on the photos, when I'd already taken off the armor again... :6:

• Like 2

Hi Carsten, and THANKS for your EI submission!  Always fantastic to see another HWT headed for EI, but we need you to touch up a couple of things and add some updated photos brother.  No need to get suited up!

As per the CRL for Level 2:

1.  "Pauldron is lightly scuffed (battle-worn)..." A few dark smudges here and there would make it look a lot better. 

eDoESfi.jpg?1     CGwcVAb.jpg?1

2.  "Pack is slightly scuffed and battle worn, but not heavily weathered or dirty".  I used some silver paint and a "dry-brush" to do mine (second pic) if that helps.

FB3CVJG.jpg?1         U7hoD7n.png?1

Also, please add some close-up views of the following:

1.  Side view of the pauldron.

2.  A clear, close-up view of the back of the thigh bottoms.

jyggCZx.jpg?1

As soon as we get those, Sha Sha or myself can get started.  Many thanks, and I look forward to seeing them!!!  :duim:

• Like 2

Hi Joseph,

thank you very much for your first evaluation of my application, respectively the photos...

...and I don't think any of this should be a problem! :salute:

Here come the close-ups:

Pauldron (scuffed and battle-worn + Side views):

20200513_134226.jpg

20200513_135307.jpg

20200513_135414.jpg

Backpack (scuffed and battle-worn):

20200513_134417.jpg

Thigh bottoms (close-up view of the back):

20200513_132527.jpg

20200513_132559.jpg

20200513_132617.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Carsten, and thank you for your second EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Heavy Weapons Trooper Expert Infantry. On behalf of Sha Sha and myself,  Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First up, I gotta' say that it's a PLEASURE to approve a fellow HWT at Expert Infantry level, brother!  You have a few issues in this area to work on, but nothing too major.  Please note though that I have to consider not only the pics from this submission, but references from your ANH Stunt application as well.   Also note that since this particular costume is based on ANH armor that references to that will apply.  You are aware of the sniper knee behind the thigh, so we are good to go there.

As seen below, the gaps between the shoulder bells and chest are pretty wide.  We do take into account that Troopers come in all shapes and sizes, but if possible we would like to see the tops of the bells taken in to reduce that space.

Video game reference image                  

6dzfVVG.jpg   BkWKHfO.jpg?1

Just a strapping issue here, sir.  Your right forearm could stand to come up an inch or so to match the left.  The forearm/bicep gaps should be equal on both sides.

Reference image                                                                                                       

linrU3Q.jpg     YCzwILS.jpg?2  

Side note:  SUPER nice job on that DLT-19, Carsten!  That metallic finish looks incredible, and I'm impressed to see that you added the wires to the ends of the T-tracks.  Most people miss this detail, so my bucket is off to you, sir!

f9tpw3v.jpg   

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than those for Expert Infantry, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

As you are aware, being as it is a separate piece and not integrated into the helmet the vocoder is not acceptable for L3.

Reference images

y29MLfY.jpg?1               eOXdYK2.jpg?1  bjaTsl1.jpg?1

I'm not sure how you have it attached, but your shoulder ammo pack is sitting way too high, and actually looks like it may be hindering your ability to look to the left.  If you need a few tips on how to rectify this and improve your range of vision just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help you with that.

Videogame references                                          CRL reference

gquNYdL.jpg       ZYKeoR5.jpg?1  LONvC6z.png?1  SijurwC.jpg?1

Another issue I'm sure you know about is that a few of the buttons on SDS ab plates are not integrated but are separate, and not permissible at Level 3.  Perfect job on the ABS belt placement, by the way!!

Reference image

LW9Ef68.jpg          Le3nnhd.jpg?1

The shim you installed on the right looks SO close to being perfect, but as per the CRL there can be no seam.  Although the MP 40 ammo packs hide it, it will need to be addressed before we can get you to Level 3.

Reference images

a85dYzg.jpg            foYIvi9.jpg   OjPi61u.jpg

Your cloth belt will need to be a bit longer.  Although the pack hides most of the back, there is still a good size section of Velcro showing.  Alternatively, you can also just remove the excess Velcro!

Reference images

34es73a.jpg              g78YqnF.jpg   nAyuvtR.jpg?1

Last up, unfortunately your mobility cuts extend beyond the raised ridge as seen below.  Although not specified in the HWT CRL, as I mentioned before the costume is based on ANH armor so this is applicable.

Reference images-  Note that the top of the ridge is present

1eZdxMX.jpg           KqO5ODA.jpg?3  XZcnHmb.jpg?1

Again, fantastic job on this armor, sir,  Your weathering is spot-on, and I am more than pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry as a fellow Heavy Weapons Trooper!  :td:

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-11672 Requesting HWT EIB Status (SDS) (Approved)