ForeverFan's ANH Anovos Stunt build

TK88667

At this point you may want to rough-cut the ears to see how they will cover the seam.  Can you post up some pics of the front/side views of them before trimming them?

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

At this point you may want to rough-cut the ears to see how they will cover the seam.  Can you post up some pics of the front/side views of them before trimming them?

kJxEovM.jpg

paMWWrW.jpg

Rew7nQX.jpg

zkQtqZH.jpg

YGvFQCe.jpg

Edited by ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit
more pics

I've been rough cutting ears, and starting to get a better feel for the bucket.  I'm almost ready to drill and bolt (or rivet) the face and cap/back. Then I'll get to cutting more on the ears. Wanted to get feedback on how I have the brow set up.  I've scoured pics of ANH Stunt -and honestly you can find them all ways (high brow, low brow, tilted up, not tilt, etc.)

u05RaZk.jpg

6IDeh0K.jpg

D7kpvEP.jpg

vNyGZV0.jpg

19HAZL2.jpg

Would like some input if/how I should tweak before I drill and bolt together.

Thanks

• Like 3

On 5/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, justjoseph63 said:

The brow would look a lot better if it were even all the way across.  ;)  

QN3DxNN.jpg

Think I got brow fixed.  Believe it was the magnet pressing on the cap.  

kJKVpB6.jpg

NCKYpwo.jpg

The brow trim is a little janky by the left ear.  I may need to trim it a bit as I continue to refine the bucket.

• Like 1

Been working hard on the bucket today.  Lots of tweaks, a few holes drilled and then re-drilled...  But want to get feedback on the placement of the Left ear.  

Think I got the angle correctly (screws aligned with the back side of the trapezoid)

R5fV91F.jpg

But not sure about the height?  Does ear need to go down more?  Personally I like the way it sits and looks.

iBM5TJh.jpg

I'm unsure about gaps in the front and back.

zdc44Ke.jpg

HSgHl8y.jpg

Should I try to remove material from the top of the ear, and bring them in closer?  Do a bit of refinement on the cuts to the ear?

• Like 1

Here are the ears from this weekends work.  Removed material from the left side and brought ear in closer.  Brow came down a bit in the reworking - but it still looks ok IMO.

khhOyOE.jpgXrl8mTg.jpg 7vGlkAF.jpgPpQiN0Y.jpg

Got the right side attached too.   

EDqaRhN.jpgltcuaI9.jpgwRgDdaX.jpg0VGEXi7.jpg 

My OCD wants to try and bring the right side in closer, but worried about the imperfections in mold on the face plate as it meets the right side ear.ltcuaI9.jpg

Thoughts?

How does my Vocoder look?  

5p53K3F.jpg

Curious about the sides of the outside bars.  If I paint them the bars look really WIDE from the front.  Please advise 

yTG9iCK.jpg

oFUW14r.jpg

Edited by ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit
more pics
  • Like 1

The sides could use some trimming, Ken.  You should be able to remove at least as much as I have highlighted below and be good, just remember to follow the contours of the cheek.  Your gaps (or lack thereof) on the tops are beyond perfect, (:D), but don't forget that some gaps are not only allowed, but expected.  Trim in small increments.  It's easy to take it off, but putting it back on is another story. lol.  Nice job on the ear screw alignment!

jh9Qn0t.jpg   AoWWQdv.jpg?1               TTAw1uO.jpg   Vq54c54.jpg?1             zpvEzm6.jpg

You would have no issue with this passing at Basic or EI, but for level 3 we would probably ask that the lines be cleaned up a tad.  A soft bristle Filbert brush can do wonders!

dTg1euE.jpg      7s1WmTS.jpg?1          BVNHeBV.jpg?2

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 4:09 AM, justjoseph63 said:

The sides could use some trimming, Ken.  You should be able to remove at least as much as I have highlighted below and be good, just remember to follow the contours of the cheek.  Your gaps (or lack thereof) on the tops are beyond perfect, (:D), but don't forget that some gaps are not only allowed, but expected.  Trim in small increments.  It's easy to take it off, but putting it back on is another story. lol.  Nice job on the ear screw alignment!

jh9Qn0t.jpg iPMXQOT.jpg?1  AoWWQdv.jpg?1           

TTAw1uO.jpg NocE9tZ.jpg?1  Vq54c54.jpg?1             

Thanks Joseph.  Spent a fair amount of time on this bucket today.  A labor of love - making progress .5 millimetres at a time.  But I think I'm there.  Still have some of the distortion from the mold defect, but overall I'm much more pleased with it.  8LgdNf0.jpg U8THIm9.jpg

I saw the post: "time to STEP UP"  first 1000 EIB before the end of the year, and decided I need to shoot for this!  I've been working on my armor, I'll need to order Imperial Boots, and  possibly refine my Rubies blaster.  I plan on posting armor pics tomorrow, but for tonight, wanted to post the blaster work.  based on what I read, I think this blaster will comply?  I just need to remove painted "metal scratches and weathering" from the T-tracks and handle?

Here's the progression:  

3Tu9hyI.jpg

zDFQ50k.png screw holes filed

QZggT9r.jpg Barrel holes drilled

yfRWFlR.jpg Paint

HD0EkbO.jpg D-ring and power cylinders

vzWvI73.jpg Rivets added

mUK2Kaf.jpgiFGzh14.jpg weathering and distress added

o72ZKLC.jpg Hengstler counter number, scope sight and D-ring details

TYLRBuC.jpg Power cylinders and wire details

It's been a fun project, and I hope it will work for trooping until I can upgrade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit said:

based on what I read, I think this blaster will comply?  I just need to remove painted "metal scratches and weathering" from the T-tracks and handle?

What that means is that the handle of the blaster and T-tracks on the front shouldn't be weathered. This is because on the original blasters both those parts were not metal. The handle was plastic, I believe, and the t tracks rubber or plastic. All in all, nice build!

• Like 1

As Rowan mentioned the T-tracks and handle should not be weathered, but I wouldn't fret over it.  The reason being is that it will pass at EI as is, but at Level 3 Hasbro blasters are not permitted.  :(  This one will definitely be good for trooping for the time being, but once your armor is approved you will have the time for your next project... a resin or 3D print E-11 for Centurion level!  ;)

• Like 2

Trooperbay helmet decals arrived today, and I'm finishing up painting Hovi Mic tips. 

NztGTXw.jpg?1  A little sanding on the tips to remove any stray paint and they should be good to go.  But first going to pull the helmet apart mask it off and paint the inside black.  Going to use bed liner, as I've used it on other projects and I like the finish feel.  I've read on the forum a couple of guys used it, and didn't have any problems.  

Realize these are small trivial bits of the project, but I'm about done with the armor and this helmet has been my big fear... so now I'm tackling it  - the home stretch is in sight.  I'm getting excited.  Stay tuned... 

19 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

As Rowan mentioned the T-tracks and handle should not be weathered, but I wouldn't fret over it.  The reason being is that it will pass at EI as is, but at Level 3 Hasbro blasters are not permitted.  :(  This one will definitely be good for trooping for the time being, but once your armor is approved you will have the time for your next project... a resin or 3D print E-11 for Centurion level!  ;)

Thanks Joseph.  I actually already masked off and repainted the handle and T-tracks.  So there will be no question on EIB.  Realizing I'll need a different one for Centurion - just have to get that EIB first.  :duim:  Thanks to you and eveyone on the forum for their support and input.  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit said:

Thanks to you and eveyone on the forum for their support and input.  :smiley-sw013:

No need to say thank you:laugh1:...We are here to help. Thank you for opening a thread and sharing your build with us.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Regards...

• Like 1

Quick update on my bucket progress.  Been slowly working away and getting the details done.  

Painted inside of bucket.

e6bE7MC.jpg

Added lenses

Hjui5R1.jpg

Hovi mic tips

YCBe9Z8.jpg

Painted  ears - Going to paint rank bars soon 

DQGJmuJ.jpg jh3Cn3k.jpg

Just need to paint frown, apply decals, and add S-molding.  

• Like 1

Painted the mouth this evening.  I'm really pleased with the way it came out, but I'm not sure I went out wide enough with the paint at the end of the frown?  With so many different pics and versions of mouths for ANH stunt, I just chose one and tried to copy it.   Let me know if anyone sees anything I got wrong.  

UV5ucjK.jpg

LhIhJNW.jpg

jogeXza.jpg

I ended up using a bit of white paint to touch up my "stead" hands.  It doesn't seem to show unless I am using the flash.  I am assuming this isn't an unusual practice, and it wont show in daylight?  

B0siFPG.jpg

• Like 2

Finally close to finished... decals on tonight and S-trim.  Just need to install mesh behind frown and helmet padding.  Wasn't sure I would get to this point on the build.   

HzcSRl5.jpg

K7QWMGr.jpg

8MfXBjq.jpg

bzY9Ru6.jpg

hHQqErt.jpg

2cF3LNe.jpg

dFLz6ho.jpg

Next time to suit up and take pics with the finished armor and helmet. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1