Fallen Order Heavy Assault Stormtrooper

So I got the models and did some more investigating.

So there's definitely a pretty thick return edge on the arms.

00efd38c24.jpg

22a4cbca92.jpg

f0cd97cbc3.jpg

627256ca49.jpg

Back view of the legs

3e050a2a02.jpg

There are definitely screws now, I'm just gonna stop flip-flopping on the issue :laugh1:

baf6126519.jpg

1f7a73afb6.jpg

Well Steve, you will be instrumental in developing this CRL so I took the liberty to reach out to the LMO's, who have given their blessing.

Full speed ahead sir.

Also love the Z-6, who did the commission build, or created the 3D files for it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Well Steve, you will be instrumental in developing this CRL so I took the liberty to reach out to the LMO's, who have given their blessing.

Full speed ahead sir.

Also love the Z-6, who did the commission build, or created the 3D files for it?

Oh thanks! I was planning on reaching out to them soon, with the research I’ve done, haha.

the Z-6 was a commission from ZenSfxCosplay on Etsy. He normally does regular miniguns and   Sci-fi suits. I reached out to him to ask if he’d be up for doing the Z-6 for me. He said yes, found some files, and rigged the whole thing up. It was the first one he’s done and I’m thrilled with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great work, have added the images to the "Gallery" section

Thanks, best to have them all grouped in one place so I don’t have to hunt for them across this thread.

i also joined the FISD’s Facebook group just now, and I also dig out my old TK boots, neck seal, and under suit.

• Like 2

Update: I have ordered gloves and the Centurion rivet set from Joseph. The belt I'll be ordering from TKittell tomorrow. That should take care of all my soft goods. I ordered the rivet set just because since there's no clear way to strap the armor together since it's a game, I'm kind of just winging it. :laugh1: I'm thinking going straps and snaps and using the rivets to enhance the look.

Question though. Should I document my build here or start a new thread?

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

Keep it all together here. You can edit the title to reflect the content.

perhaps something like,  Fallen Order HAS CRL development and build thread.

Kinda covers all basses, and I'm sure anyone in the future that wishes to build one  will love the extra history behind it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Keep it all together here. You can edit the title to reflect the content.

perhaps something like,  Fallen Order HAS CRL development and build thread.

Kinda covers all basses, and I'm sure anyone in the future that wishes to build one  will love the extra history behind it.

Sounds good to me! I think I’m going to go the extra mile and try to copy the weathering as closely as possible too.

I think what we might do once this is complete and we have a CRL is move the entire thread to the EU section where it will reside with the likes of the Heavy Weapons Trooper, the TKC. It will have its own heading and build thread.

Well, found another detail. Take a look at the thermal detonator as compared to the others. Looks like I'll have to get a custom detonator done somewhere.... maybe 3d printed. Anybody got a link to a thermal detonator STL file I can modify? If not, I'll just make one from scratch.

mspaint_2020-05-22_10-12-49.jpg

The middle of the gray tube is painted white and it runs the entire circumference. The plate is laid over the white stripe. The gray part of the tube is a lighter shade than every other version. Appears to be closer to an AT-AT Driver's color scheme.

Better seen here:

9fcef192be.jpg

Also the clips are white??? :laugh1:

One last note, didn't factor in that I need to have my armor on to take an exact measurement for the belt. So I'll be waiting until I have the armor in hand and fitted before I order the belt.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

You may be able to modify one of these:

OT https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2078726

OT variant https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-storm-trooper-thermal-detonator

R1 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2311031

To me the ridged area just looks a little longer and more spaced out than the OT style so I would probably stick with that file and modify that. 

One thing to remember is the game version is an artists impression of a base Stromtrooper so there may be some things which are specific to that version, we have seen in the past though that standard Stormtrooper items may be used in some instances. 

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may be able to modify one of these:

OT https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2078726

OT variant https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-storm-trooper-thermal-detonator

R1 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2311031

To me the ridged area just looks a little longer and more spaced out than the OT style so I would probably stick with that file and modify that. 

One thing to remember is the game version is an artists impression of a base Stromtrooper so there may be some things which are specific to that version, we have seen in the past though that standard Stormtrooper items may be used in some instances. 

Thanks! I modified the OT file and came up with this.

0548f2adc3.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work, may have to add a little more roundness to the curve to remove some of the lines but looks great.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, may have to add a little more roundness to the curve to remove some of the lines but looks great.

I smoothed it down and this happened.

c1adb18865.jpg

There were quite a few modeling choices made with this that I wouldn't have. :laugh1:

1 hour ago, SolidScrafty said:

Aw man, wish I’d seen that. I ordered an AM helmet about a week ago. Thanks though!

Edited by TheLoneRanger

On 5/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, TheLoneRanger said:

My shopping list so far. Still undecided on the helmet and pauldron. I'd rather order the helmet at the same time as the armor after doing some more research.

Helmet: Undecided (still researching)
Armor: WTF ROTJ armor with ANH shoulder bells and ESB handplates (waiting to order after more helmet research)
Undersuit: scuba diving suit off some diving website I bought years ago - in hand
Gloves: Black chemical gloves off Trooperbay - in hand
Boots: TK Boots - in hand
Balaclava: Military surplus - in hand
Neckseal: Darman - in hand
Pauldron: Undecided, probably Trooperbay

Check out Katara8 for the pauldron, she's a little cheaper and excellent :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/150178963/classic-star-wars-stormtrooper-shoulder?ref=shop_home_feat_3&frs=1

11 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Check out Katara8 for the pauldron, she's a little cheaper and excellent :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/150178963/classic-star-wars-stormtrooper-shoulder?ref=shop_home_feat_3&frs=1

Aahh, thanks! I need to update my shopping list too. :laugh1: