Fallen Order Heavy Assault Stormtrooper

This is coming along nicely.  For a CRL, getting the text in order should be pretty easy and fast as most of it we just copy/paste from an existing one and tweak.  What takes forever are getting the images together and photoshopped, so usually on a new CRL we want those to be done first.  Hope that makes sense and it would be cool to see this brought to life.

• Like 1

Thanks Daetrin.

WTF told me I'd want an ROTJ helmet for this build. So here's a comparison shot.

d89027032e.jpg

The eyes still seem off to me. It'd be perfect if the left eye didn't narrow out at the nose like it does. And the frown would need to be gray.

I cant see screw in the ears from your images which heavily suggests RotJ helmet, the ears are glued on not screwed on as in ANH and ESB.

41 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I cant see screw in the ears from your images which heavily suggests RotJ helmet, the ears are glued on not screwed on as in ANH and ESB.

So it's a symmetrical ROTJ helmet? Alright, no clue how I'll pull that off. :laugh1: I had an idea of getting a R1 helmet, cutting off the ears, and replacing them with the correct ones after filling in the tube stripes.

I'll need to look into this further...

On another note, a certain package containing a certain big gun was delivered to me today. I'll have pictures of that up soon for your amusement. :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Well guys, it arrived and I was so excited that I had to put it together. Behold:

83d8d0e974.jpg

Now I'll have ALL the firepower to wipe out the rebel scum.

Holy crap - that is awesome!!

19 hours ago, Sly11 said:

6cgHGpM.png

Still looks ANH to me, apart from the screws there is also the grey teeth and trapezoid black lines which are ANH 

DaveMANH01.jpgDaveMANH02.jpg

ROTJ

RotJ-Screen_troop_001.jpg

roj3.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Well guys, it arrived and I was so excited that I had to put it together. Behold:

83d8d0e974.jpg

Now I'll have ALL the firepower to wipe out the rebel scum.

Awesome, we had a member who 3D printed one and had it fully functional, had to make a stand for it as it was just too darn front heavy ;) 

Thanks guys! I'm loving the Z6 as well, lol.

On another note, after much debating and checking references, I've ordered an AM ANH helmet from Dave. I think it's the best helmet to modify to serve my needs.

I still think it needs bubble lenses per what I pointed out in that one image.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

Alright, I took some more reference screenshots for research. Here's the holster. Looks like it goes on ESB style. No loops.

c059bc4eab.jpg

Overall picture of the regular game's TK

aa3160129c.jpg

The blaster appears to be the ESB style blaster. No chargers or counters.

cc1163211e.jpg

564aa228c1.jpg

Confirmed: No screws in the ears, they're glued on.

38698b9116.jpg

Finally, I'd like to stress this is NOT the proper way to aim your blaster. :laugh1:

a5cd95ca9c.jpg

Hey.

Here's some 4K pictures of the helmet. Sadly, the textures are not that great but still better than the in-game shots.  I have the whole Stormtrooper armor from the game in my software, so do not hesitate to ask me more shots of armor parts or blasters.

You can find these in my Google Drive.

I made a comparison of a Jedi : Fallen Order and Star Wars : Battlefront (ROTJ style) stormtrooper helmet.

968l.png

Sneek peak of a Jedi : Fallen Order heavy assault stormtrooper (forgot to remove the holster, my bad) and Z-6 rotary blaster.

jrvv.png

9dj6.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skablaze said:

Hey.

Here's some 4K pictures of the helmet. Sadly, the textures are not that great but still better than the in-game shots.  I have the whole Stormtrooper armor from the game in my software, so do not hesitate to ask me more shots of armor parts or blasters.

You can find these in my Google Drive.

I made a comparison of a Jedi : Fallen Order and Star Wars : Battlefront (ROTJ style) stormtrooper helmet.

968l.png

Sneek peak of a Jedi : Fallen Order heavy assault stormtrooper (forgot to remove the holster, my bad) and Z-6 rotary blaster.

jrvv.png

9dj6.png

Holy CRAP this helps out a ton! Thanks!! Time to thoroughly investigate these!

I was definitely right about the bubble lenses! :lol:

It looks like the paint on the frown isn't limited to just the teeth, it ever so slightly goes onto the 'lips' as well.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

By the way, I've decided I'll do each trooper variant, the regular TK, the Heavy Assault, the Commander, and the Rocket launcher trooper. They're all the same base TK, with each variant just having different accessories. Shouldn't be too hard to do them all up and then just switch between them.

As such, I'll be working on doing the regular TK first and getting the CRL for that made, then I'll follow through with the variants.

I'm now working on how the strapping system should be. I guarantee the in-game model just has the armor pieces slapped onto the body. So I'll need to figure out how to emulate that.

The blaster appears to be the ESB style blaster. No chargers or counters.

cc1163211e.jpg&key=ea9ecbb6f86aca44641c785037385debf6647fcfa586082eb86d6f5858189293
564aa228c1.jpg&key=1d7f1fa24267805d1febbf6af2193f6fe5a181e659e19a3b633dc546e04ea0df

Thats a ROTJ blaster. Though strangely upscaled!

The lid is a bit of a hybrid. ROTJ lenses and screwless ears, but pretty much ANH everything else.

These guys are a real curiosity! Shsme I didn't pay too much attention whilst slicing and dicing.
Good luck with the build!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skablaze said:

Hey.

Here's some 4K pictures of the helmet. Sadly, the textures are not that great but still better than the in-game shots.  I have the whole Stormtrooper armor from the game in my software, so do not hesitate to ask me more shots of armor parts or blasters.....

....(forgot to remove the holster, my bad) and Z-6 rotary blaster.

Great resource! Did you work on modeling for the game or something? Inexcusable on that holster ;)

Your source confirms that there ARE three ear screws in the helmet. Here is the image from @Skablaze's treasure trove. Any pics of the full armor you could provide would be much appreciated by all of us!

40 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

By the way, I've decided I'll do each trooper variant, the regular TK, the Heavy Assault, the Commander, and the Rocket launcher trooper. They're all the same base TK, with each variant just having different accessories. Shouldn't be too hard to do them all up and then just switch between them.

As such, I'll be working on doing the regular TK first and getting the CRL for that made, then I'll follow through with the variants.

I'm now working on how the strapping system should be. I guarantee the in-game model just has the armor pieces slapped onto the body. So I'll need to figure out how to emulate that.

I feel oddly responsible for this. So...sorry for the additional cost I've caused you, and your welcome for the awesome variations you'll get to build! I think it's worth noting that the goal is to bring the video game model into the real world, instead of emulating it exactly. Meaning internal strapping is entirely up to you and can be done just as any other TK could be. Just my two cents. 

Edited by Neb Sgird

22 minutes ago, Neb Sgird said:

Great resource! Did you work on modeling for the game or something? Inexcusable on that holster ;)

Your source confirms that there ARE three ear screws in the helmet. Here is the image from @Skablaze's treasure trove. Any pics of the full armor you could provide would be much appreciated by all of us!

I feel oddly responsible for this. So...sorry for the additional cost I've caused you, and your welcome for the awesome variations you'll get to build! I think it's worth noting that the goal is to bring the video game model into the real world, instead of emulating it exactly. Meaning internal strapping is entirely up to you and can be done just as any other TK could be. Just my two cents. 

No worries on the cost, it's all part of the experience. :lol:

I'm going to take a look at the return edges and see if there are any.

2 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Holy CRAP this helps out a ton! Thanks!! Time to thoroughly investigate these!

You're welcome. Glad I can help.

28 minutes ago, Neb Sgird said:

Great resource! Did you work on modeling for the game or something? Inexcusable on that holster ;)

Any pics of the full armor you could provide would be much appreciated by all of us!

No, I didn't work on the game and have zero knowledge in modeling :) I use a software called "Source FilmMaker" which allow me to use, pose, animate and render models. Some people extracts models from games files and port these into a game engine called "Source" (Team Fortress 2 , Counter Strike, Half-life, etc..). As long as these guys keeps extracting and publishing  files from new Star Wars games, I will be able to post high-res pictures of new troopers from these games. By the way, I have the Jedi : Fallen Order : - Scouts, Purge Troopers, Flametroopers and Clonetroopers armors.

I'll post pictures of the whole armor as requested.

• Like 1

I agree, FOTK's are similar this way, different versions but 1 CRL and 1 approval.

2 hours ago, Skablaze said:

You're welcome. Glad I can help.

No, I didn't work on the game and have zero knowledge in modeling :) I use a software called "Source FilmMaker" which allow me to use, pose, animate and render models. Some people extracts models from games files and port these into a game engine called "Source" (Team Fortress 2 , Counter Strike, Half-life, etc..). As long as these guys keeps extracting and publishing  files from new Star Wars games, I will be able to post high-res pictures of new troopers from these games. By the way, I have the Jedi : Fallen Order : - Scouts, Purge Troopers, Flametroopers and Clonetroopers armors.

I'll post pictures of the whole armor as requested.

That's in SFM? I didn't realize that, I have SFM. I'll find the models right away and take a look at them. I have a feeling I'll find some goodies to look over. :lol:

9 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

That's in SFM? I didn't realize that, I have SFM. I'll find the models right away and take a look at them. I have a feeling I'll find some goodies to look over. :lol:

Yes it is ;)

I managed to get directly into game files yesterday, which means that I can probably get any props, weapons or armor from the game.pauh.jpg8420.jpgccek.jpg

• Like 1

Yep 1 CRL with accessory options. it going to be a full gamut that's for sure.

• Like 1