Fallen Order Heavy Assault Stormtrooper

Hey all, I originally posted this on Spec Ops as I figured it'd fall over there based on the trooper description and weaponry, but I got referred to here because of the white armor. :laugh1: I'm pretty sure here is the right area to post this for research...

Anyways, while playing Fallen Order, the Heavy Assault Stormtrooper caught my eye.

latest?cb=20191117045946

Taken from the description:

"The Heavy Assault Troopers are specialized infantry serving the Galactic Empire on the front lines of war. They are primarily trained to defend combat zones as support squads to Stormtroopers patrols. They are highly proficient with the Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon, which fires off steady rapid, long-range bursts capable of inflicting heavy damage, and shielded by a low emitter energy ray. "

If anybody else has seen someone building one of these and can link me a build thread to look at it, please share it with me.

But, I figured I'd get your opinions.

0db8a1d283.jpg

I'm interested in building one as I already have all the soft goods for a TK and have a commissioned Z-6 being finished any day now.

The armor looks to be ROTJ style, while the helmet MIGHT(?) be ESB style.

Thanks for looking, hope to hear your opinions on this.

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

hopefully you can get some good reference images from various angles so we can see all the detail.

Any close up you can gain as well will be advantageous.

• Like 2

Definitely ROTJ armor except for the shoulder bells, non-inverted large ab-button panel, presence of a pauldron and drop box placement.  Helmet frown looks to be gray like ANH and not black.  Looking forward to seeing more dovetailed images of this!

Picture spam incoming! Sorry for the delay, I was stuck at a part of the game where there were no troopers, haha.

23becfe462.jpg

1b175416e2.jpg

80d9239bbd.jpg

5252ad7d70.jpg

de00f05c2d.jpg

49572afc81.jpg

a6acc27d6e.jpg

f281bef110.jpg

8c21de65fc.jpg

98e9e97710.jpg

84c85264f4.jpg

So as Joseph pointed out: ROTJ armor (minus shoulder bells), inverted AB plate (all the buttons of which seem to be shades of gray), presence of a black pauldron (I haven't encountered any other variants, just black), drop box placement is different, and the helmet appears to be similar to an ANH Stunt helmet.
Also, light weathering. That's definitely not the cleanest of troopers!

Edited by TheLoneRanger

Many similarities with other game versions, much like the TKC.

Hand plates are clamshell.

Belt also appears it may be nylon.

Knee ammo strip higher on thigh.

No belt buttons and no centre rivet. Also the belt is a little longer and end rivets are closer to the end.

Most game versions are ROTJ armor with ANH helmets, it can be quite easy to modify ANH armor to suit the ROTJ style with the addition of the U trim. 

310?cb=20191117045946

Fallen Order Commander

310?cb=20191117021014

Rocket Launcher Stormtrooper

310?cb=20191117044840

17 hours ago, Chemi said:

I remember that part of the Fallen Order :laugh1:... You still have a lot of fun ahead:jc_doublethumbup:

I know, I've been playing and having fun! :lol: I'm looking around for armor makers now, seeing who I could find. I'll need to make some adjustments to any armor I get.

Having variations in the CRL should work.

Just with the ROTJ style armor there are a few differences, much rounder around the butt plate also the kidney and butt are one piece so to cut down on some work purchasing ROTJ would be the easiest option. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Having variations in the CRL should work.

Just with the ROTJ style armor there are a few differences, much rounder around the butt plate also the kidney and butt are one piece so to cut down on some work purchasing ROTJ would be the easiest option. 

Alright, sounds good. Do we have any makers of ROTJ armor besides the guy in the UK? Nothing against him, I just bet shipping would be very high. There’s a guy in my garrison who used Rubies armor and modified it to be accurate but he said it Was a ton of work.

You will find some of the mods listed in this thread 

Another info thread here, unfortunately with older threads some images no longer work

Another build here

You can find armor makers thread here

If the troopers are the same there would be a list of weapons that can be used to match the particular color Pauldrons.

• Like 1

Heat gun and ABS, needs A LOT of practice, ABS is a funny beast with heat, you can go from a nice firm piece to molten mess within a blink of an eye. Yes it could be achieved but use caution and a lot of practice first. 

11 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Heat gun and ABS, needs A LOT of practice, ABS is a funny beast with heat, you can go from a nice firm piece to molten mess within a blink of an eye. Yes it could be achieved but use caution and a lot of practice first. 

Yes, I had an unfortunate mishap last year with a royal guard helmet, haha. I’ve gotten in plenty of practice since then using ABS scraps.

last question I have, what style are the shoulder bells? Once I know that, I can start compiling my shopping list.

When I can get into the game again, I’ll take several up close shots of the helmet so I can figure it out. The whole thing seems to be symmetrical like the R1 helmets, but the tube stripes appear to be “decals”. I might end up having to modify a BS helmet.

• Like 1

It may just be the image, but it looks as if all the buttons are more or less the same shade of gray except for the third button on the small panel, which appears to be black.  Also, it's pretty obvious that the bases are on all of them are black.

NBmRxcc.jpg  MsNYlZX.jpg?1

More picture spam! Close-up shots of the helmet.

fb85c66de2.jpg

f677de2551.jpg

b2f4fed136.jpg

a8dc7e9950.jpg

776501533a.jpg

As the last picture states, those eyes would best translate to bubble lenses. The frown is confirmed ANH style gray frown, the tube stripes and tears are decals (super common on video games, the texture artist just textured on the stripes and tears instead of actually modeling them onto the helmet), the ears have no black stripes on the bumps, and the eyes are indeed perfectly symmetrical.

I'm betting half the helmet got modeled and then duplicated and reversed to make the full helmet. Another common technique.

My shopping list so far. Still undecided on the helmet and pauldron. I'd rather order the helmet at the same time as the armor after doing some more research.

Helmet: Undecided (still researching)
Armor: WTF ROTJ armor with ANH shoulder bells and ESB handplates (waiting to order after more helmet research)
Undersuit: scuba diving suit off some diving website I bought years ago - in hand
Gloves: Black chemical gloves off Trooperbay - in hand
Boots: TK Boots - in hand
Balaclava: Military surplus - in hand
Neckseal: Darman - in hand
Pauldron: Undecided, probably Trooperbay