Trooperbay armor question

Hello everyone, I have the opportunity to purchase a set of trooperbay’s TK armor kits and before I pulled the trigger on it I wanted to ask a question. 

I am 6’3” but not very bulky and while I know shimming can be used to accommodate some hight differences would I be able to make this set fit me without looking odd. Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks for any advice and for giving the newbie a helping hand!

Hi!  Trooperbay does not make armor kits., they only sell supplies and accessories.  Do you have a link to the site you are looking at?

TrooperBay is MTK! 

This isn't new news. Except for Joseph:smiley-sw013: Just kidding Buddy:jc_doublethumbup:

Spoiler alert:

He's also the only vetted dealer who actually sells on Ebay

• Like 1

Yep that’s the one! I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about him and I’m hoping I can make the kit fit my frame :laugh1: I really want to jump on it as I’ve been looking at armor for quite some time. And from what I can tell 550 is a good deal.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

I've built an MTK kit and they are good. Yes 100% Trooperbay and Mike is a stand up guy.

Yep that’s the one! I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about him and I’m hoping I can make the kit fit my frame :laugh1: I really want to jump on it as I’ve been looking at armor for quite some time. And from what I can tell 550 is a good deal.

Your best bet is to email him, I think you’ll fit it fine but I’d email to make sure. He’s not gonna lie to you, and this way you can jump on that deal before it’s gone. It would be a shame to miss a decent deal like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, magni said:

TrooperBay is MTK! 

This isn't new news. Except for Joseph:smiley-sw013: Just kidding Buddy:jc_doublethumbup:

I can't believe I forgot that.  I normally have a photographic memory, but I think I ran out of film on that one.  :D

2 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Your best bet is to email him, I think you’ll fit it fine but I’d email to make sure. He’s not gonna lie to you, and this way you can jump on that deal before it’s gone. It would be a shame to miss a decent deal like that.

I was talking to Him and he said that I’d have to space it a little bit but that he’s seen people who are 6 foot make it work. With what everyone is saying I believe I can make it work, I’m not adverse to spending the time to make it right. 

I was talking to Him and he said that I’d have to space it a little bit but that he’s seen people who are 6 foot make it work. With what everyone is saying I believe I can make it work, I’m not adverse to spending the time to make it right. 

Depending on your weight I didn’t think you’ll have an issue.

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

Depending on your weight I didn’t think you’ll have an issue.

I’m tall but I’m also not bulky. I don’t know if measurements like this are used much but my waist is 36”. 

Well I’m going to get my pre order placed! Thank you so much for the advice everyone! I should be starting a WIP over on the build page very soon. I’m super excited to finally take to plunge! 
Just so I know the ‘Assembly, mods and painting’ is the best place to start a WIP correct? 

Edited by Matchstick

This is a good place to check out the other build threads and start your own. Depending on which version of the TK you are building, there are sections for each -

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-501st-approved/

So as an FYI my first set of armor was MTK. It is 5 years old and have never had an issue with it other then some yellowing but that can happen over time. It is a very nice set of armor. You should have no problem with your limbs, AB and butt. Just be careful with your chest plate. You will have to take some time with it at your height to make sure it overlaps the AB plate. Just take your time in the one aspect. Otherwise you will be very happy overall. Congrats on the purchase