TK 62910 Requesting TK ANH/Hero EIB Status (RS) (965)

Good Morning all, Hoping this request finds everyone and their families safe and healthy !!

Your Name: Daniel Newman          Your 501st TK ID: 62910     Your FISD forum name: Per4mer      Your Garrison: Florida Garrison

Armor Maker: RS       Helmet Maker: RS       Blaster Type: E-11       Boot Maker: RS       Canvas Belt: RS       Neck Seal Type: "S" Channel

Holster Maker: RS      Electronics: None 

I would like to recognize "justjoseph" for his encouragement, information and suggestions regarding my armor when applying for basic approval. Thanks!

XQxRVam.jpg?1

4WLTBFR.jpg?1

bISQ4Fq.jpg?18abXoTd.jpg?1zXIEQG5.jpg?1bz8LXKC.jpg?1

hKlqUhE.jpg?1QtDIiLW.jpg?1

2kNL9yY.jpg?1fL1Rpn1.jpg?1cuXupjK.jpg?1

xsIw7uG.jpg?2k5jKAd3.jpg?1

FtO1NMk.jpg?1IpL5SQF.jpg?1J7JxqO4.jpg?1

zWRcj3k.jpg?1IPsUyKJ.jpg?1

LYwdqoX.jpg?1gygUrwS.jpg?11WvCQ73.jpg?1X81Qiol.jpg?1HvGuG3R.jpg?1YxxcSPc.jpg?142lQNQi.jpg?1IcJGPpc.jpg?1fhALaHK.jpg?1qiYIN5T.jpg?1EejEdqJ.jpg?1OaUDliO.jpg?1pFabp3p.jpg?1ORiH0EA.jpg?1GtwILqD.jpg?1KwXEyRG.jpg?1

Thank You All !!!  Dan

For lvl 2 you need the ears to have three screws and four bumps.  You might be able to buy some new ears and swap them out.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, husky68 said:

For lvl 2 you need the ears to have three screws and four bumps.  You might be able to buy some new ears and swap them out.

Best of luck.

CRL ANH HERO "Ear bars have three bumps only, not four." "Ears shall have two screws per side, one above the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet."

Edited by Chemi
Add information
  • Like 2

Hi Daniel, and thank you for your EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of Sha Sha and myself,  Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Always great to see a sharp looking set of RS armor, brother, (especially Hero) and yours is no exception!   You only have 2 items that need some small tweaks but nothing too major for this area.

Let's get started, shall we?

Up first are just a few simple strapping issues.  Your right bicep sits lower than the left and we strongly suggest that you raise it up a little over an inch or so to give you a MUCH better look.  This would balance them out and give you a more symmetrical appearance.  It would also help keep it from popping out from under your shoulder bell as seen in the third photo.

In doing this, it would create a wider gap between the top of the forearm and bottom of the bicep, so the forearm would have to be raised a bit so that you have the same gap on both sides (the right gap is spot-on).

WNb2Gz9.jpg   tgGjKfu.jpg SPJYDJN.jpg

The other issue is the angle on the top of the sniper knee plate.  It's close, but for a better look we are recommending that you trim it down to closer match the reference images.  EASY fix! 

UBJVryP.jpg      Ybgaqv2.jpg?1   Oxu1KW4.jpg?2

Last in this area is a small issue, but one that should take you about 30 seconds to remedy.  A dab of white paint on the thigh ammo pack rivet cover(s) would eliminate metal underneath from showing through.

cnzuquI.jpg?1     mwYyIPh.jpg?1  Mwg0bO5.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than those for Expert Infantry, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Although not specifically mentioned in the CRL requirements, we have traditionally insisted that the tops of the shoulder bells either touch or be very close to the shoulder bridges.  From the back they look to be good, but bringing them in half an inch would look much better, as well as reduce the gaps on the bell/chest plate.

GN56YkX.jpg

Although the seam on the shim is approvable for EI, for Level 3 it cannot be present,  must sit flush, be filled and have a smooth finish.  This may sound like a tall order, and it does take some time and patience to do but there are some fantastic tutorials here from other troopers who have had great success.  I can give you all the advice you need via PM if you have the time to tackle this project, (and I hope you do)!

YU5PYl6.jpg?1

Your left drop box positioning is absolute textbook, but the right one needs to come out a bit to where the outer edge of the box lines up with the outer edge of the ABS belt.  This is a super easy fix by just moving the strap out a bit as seen in the second photo and dabbing a bit of E-6000 in the green area.

eFmn7Ts.jpg   Te1wIjN.jpg   o1LC8V7.jpg   

Last up, the gap in the bottom rear ridge needs to either be filled** or have a white ABS shim behind it.

**  If you opt to fix the shim seam on the kidney, you can use some of the ABS paste for this. 

GkbOD9W.jpg   5zow4w4.jpg?1

And that's it!

As I mentioned, you have an great looking set of armor there Daniel, but with some tweaks and a bit of work on that seam you could really bring it to the next level!  Since trooping is on-hold right now hopefully you have the time, and we are here to help with any of the issues you need.  Again, congrats on your achievement, and thanks for representing the Florida Garrison, the FISD, the 501st (and let's not forget Sumter county) as it's newest EI!  :salute:

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 62910 Requesting TK ANH/Hero EIB Status (RS) (965)

Hi Joseph, Thank you, Sha Sha and all else involved for there time, support and recommendations. I will be heading for Centurion shortly (maybe trying to get in the 500, lol). I am hoping that the removal of some return edges and possible re-strapping  (for comfort and fit) will resolve the forearm and shoulder bell issues. Also looked into warm water bath info to widen bells to get closer. Alot of this work is new to me.  I am on the large side  being 5'11" and 240lbs. In regards to the shim on the kidney plate, I could use all the advice i can get (lol).

Again, I would like to thank all those involved in this process. This would also include all the troopers that have achieved this before me. I have learned much through studying their posts/submissions and builds. Thank You All !!

• Like 2

Congratulations Daniel!!! Only a pair of adjustments to the armor and you will have centurion level...You got it!!!

Welcome to the EI ranks!!!

Edited by Chemi
  • Like 1