Hey from Virginia

Greetings everyone!

It has been a very longtime goal of mine to be able to join the 501st. The reality has finally come full circle and I am at the cusp of attaining my set and applying for membership. I will be ordering a Full Commission build from Daves Darkside Depot. 

After treating and transporting numerous COVID-19 patients over the last 8 weeks (I'm a flight paramedic), I have decided that I need something to keep me sane. I am extremely interested in the charity work that the 501st offers and will thoroughly enjoy being apart of that (as long as I am accepted). 

I really look forward to meeting you all in the coming days/months! You guys and gals are amazing.

• Like 6

Welcome fellow aviator! You're gonna love this. It's really great fun giving back to the community as a trooper.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD, Paul. Great to have you here.

Don't forget to check the Getting Started section (even if you already know where you will order) and maybe some build threads.

Oh, and share some photos here when your big brown box arrives. Nothing beats that. ;)

Good luck future stormtrooper.

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Paul!  You will be more than pleased with Dave's AM armor.  My Stunt and HWT are from AM and have held up fantastic even after years of trooping, with no cracks, splits or yellowing and great customer service to boot!

Once you get your armor you will need to get Basic 501st approval.  To help you nail it the first time around we have a thread where you can submit for "pre-approval" before submitting to your GML.   I've seen Dave's builds, and he does them to Centurion level right out of the box, but just in case there are any small issues we can help you.  A link to the pre-approval info. can be found here, and I look forward to seeing it!  

Welcome to FISD Paul, Glad to read you're achieving a new goal and ready to serve into the Imperial Lines.

Looking forward for your first photos soon.

Cheers and feel free to ask questions a visit us here in the FISD.

:salute:

Welcome to FISD.

Here in Spain, at 8:00 p.m., all the people go out to the window to applaud all the health personnel like you, who are risking their lives for us ... Thank you very much for your daily work ... A very big hug ...  Thank you

Fantastic, Paul!  Dave should supply most everything you need, but while you "hurry-up-and-wait" for your kit to arrive, I suggest ordering your boots and picking up an under-suit.  This thread may help.  

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Ive just gotten an update from Dave. Looking about 4 to 5 weeks and my kit will be here. Ive already ordered my neck seal, boots, undersuit so just waiting for it to come in!!!

• Like 1

I’ve ordered a couple of kits from Dave, hoping to have them within a couple of weeks to start the builds. I’m excited to start this project!

1 hour ago, FLTMEDIC said:

Hey everyone! Ive just gotten an update from Dave. Looking about 4 to 5 weeks and my kit will be here. Ive already ordered my neck seal, boots, undersuit so just waiting for it to come in!!!

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos, exciting times ahead

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, FLTMEDIC said:

Paul, any luck getting your commission build? I ordered my commission build from Dave back in February and have yet to receive any notification if the build is done , I email him about once a month , last email stated I should have before end of October. 

I know he was busy gettig his shop in order and then he was hit with Covid which put him out for bit.  Did you ever receive yours and how did it fit? Just curious , as I placed a chunk of change down on this thing and it's been over 7 months. I have talked to Dave over the phone a few times and seems to be a very stand up guy, just getting a bit concerned.