Just getting started...

Hello Troopers!

I am currently going through a mid-life crisis and decided I want to be a Stormtrooper so here I am...

Okay that is only about half true, mid-life yes, crisis no.  I've been interested in the 501st since I found out about it years ago. Like many of you I'm sure, I have put off getting involved because of other adult things like food, shelter, kids, etc.  Well I think I am getting close to ordering my kit so I thought I would become more active on the site.  I can already see years worth of tips and advice I want to go through so if you are a contributor, Thanks!!

My plan is to order the untrimmed AP kit and go slow. Thanks for so many resourses!

Until later, from the Great White North, take care and be safe!

Scott

Edited by Lt.Quito
  • Like 4

Hi Scott, and fantastic to hear that you are about to pull the trigger on an AP kit!  Yeah, I had the mid-life crisis thing as well, but better late than never, lol.  Great to know that you have started your research, but also know that we are here to assist you at every turn.  It's kinda' what we do best!

As I mention to all those about to embark on a white armor journey, starting your own build thread here will really, really help you.  You can post photos of not only your progress, but of any issues you may have, ask as many questions as you want, and show off your build!

Hi Scott, Welcome to FISD and the Mid-Life Crisis Club :laugh1:  .

We are here to help, feel free to ask questions and research all the forum.

Cheers  :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Scott and welcome to the FISD!  AP is a great kit - I have two. :)

I have details on how I trimmed it documented in one of my builds.  If you are interested - let me know and I'll make sure you get the link.

Enjoy your mid-life non-crisis.  You picked a great way to deal with it. lol. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the friendly welcome, forgot to mention I am from Canada (Saskatoon) and have reached out to the Badlands Garrison as well.  One question I forgot, any advise on getting the wife a little more on board with this?  :6:

Edited by Lt.Quito

Welcome. I too am from Canada. North Vancouver to be exact. Not sure about the wife thing. Mine gf isn’t on board at all and she wants to blow up my armour.  Might need to find one that appreciates my hobbies. 

1 hour ago, Lt.Quito said:

One question I forgot, any advise on getting the wife a little more on board with this? 

This a Million Dollars Question :laugh1:.  One thing made my wife to get onboard at least as a Photographer or handler sometimes is when I showed her photos of the Charity Work, visits to orphanages, nursing homes and Hospital that the 501 st Legion is doing. ( I was Not authorized for Birthdays,weddings etc) :salute:  

Good luck with your project.  

• Like 2

Some excellent advice from @TKSpartan there, Scott.  If you can get her to volunteer as a handler, she can meet the folks in your Garrison and see just how much fun we have as well as see the smiles we put on people's faces.  Binge watching the entire SW series couldn't hurt either.  ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD and congrats on your purchase.  YeH my wife is my photographer and handler also.  It’s funny she reminds me sometimes how to get suited up so I don’t forget anything.   

Edited by Triple D