CESARISAMISFIT requesting TK pre approval review (ATA)

Name: Cesar Barajas

Future Garrison: Imperial Sands Garrison

Armor Maker: ATA

Helmet Maker: ATA

Cloth belt maker: Trooperbay

Neck Seal maker: DarmansProps

Boot Maker: IB Boots

Blaster maker: Justins Prop shop

Height: 5'10

Weight: 225

TK Type: ANH Stunt

Hello all! Thank you in advance for the incoming pointers. After resizing my thighs, I've already ordered replacement molds, as they still fit too low and i can't widen them anymore without the strips looking ridiculously wide. Cheers!

2UBb9rD.jpg

kkN495b.jpg

gXRTs1G.jpg

OeS7568.jpg

glx9Xvr.jpg

qlFYT3J.jpg

x1otyQO.jpg

DzNWHiA.jpg

First off, excellent build!  A few small suggestions that I have would be make sure that your chest plate overlaps the ab plate.  Make the shoulder straps a bit longer.  Your back plate should be just barely touching the top of the kidney plate. 

OsclyNa.jpg

Another thing is that the brow rubber needs to extend to the end of the trap.

sAA0IIy.jpg

Another thing would be to raise your belt higher so I just touches or overlaps the ab button plate

tnlUVcu.jpg 

Last thing would be for higher levels (doable and recommended), the drop boxes need to line up with the outside of the plastic belt

nhbh6nx.png

Here is mine for reference

HP2SQ00.jpg

Other than that, great build and good luck with approval!

Edited by snipedoc2001
More detail

1 hour ago, snipedoc2001 said:

First off, excellent build!  A few small suggestions that I have would be make sure that your chest plate overlaps the ab plate.  Make the shoulder straps a bit longer.  Your back plate should be just barely touching the top of the kidney plate. 

OsclyNa.jpg

Another thing is that the brow rubber needs to extend to the end of the trap.

sAA0IIy.jpg

Another thing would be to raise your belt higher so I just touches or overlaps the ab button plate

tnlUVcu.jpg 

Last thing would be for higher levels (doable and recommended), the drop boxes need to line up with the outside of the plastic belt

nhbh6nx.png

Here is mine for reference

HP2SQ00.jpg

Other than that, great build and good luck with approval!

Thank you so much! I guess I read wrong or interperted the drop box alignment as I aligned with the inside of one of the boxes as opposed to the outside. Looks like I have to order a new brow gasket as I cut mine too short. The other things seem to be easy fixes as well.  Thanks again for looking/ responding!

Nice job on your build, Cesar!  Although I don't see a lot of issues that should hold you back from Basic approval, there are a few that will depend on your GML (some are pickier than others).

As Cody mentioned, your chest plate wants to ride over your ab plate, so some strapping on the inside would easily remedy that!

5zG4Fsm.jpg        jTpYhmd.jpg?2

The size of the ears may be an issue, though.  Yours are very thick, and could definitely be trimmed down, especially the lower portion.  Your gaps between the ears and cheek/sides are awesome, but know that wider gaps are to be expected in places.

Reference

tfjEzfF.jpg     VKJQcLm.jpg       ZgnlEAa.jpg?1 

If you decide to trim them down (your GML may ask you to do that) while you are at it I suggest repositioning them a little for a better look.  Ideally, the top of the round part sits right at the ridge (yellow line) and center should sit directly below the rear angle of the trap.  The screws should line up with the rear angle of the trap (blue dotted lines) as well.

Reference                                                                              Reference

jFd5YRR.jpg     gbTnNdC.jpg?1         fHVEXmX.jpg     yHDBvrh.jpg?1  

It may not be a deal breaker for Basic, but I would suggest raising the thighs a bit (it's fine to have a wider gap between the bottom of the thighs and the top of the calves).

Reference

VmQHdvI.jpg          XuwgX2o.jpg?1

If we can be of any help with any of these items, just let us know!!

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Nice job on your build, Cesar!  Although I don't see a lot of issues that should hold you back from Basic approval, there are a few that will depend on your GML (some are pickier than others).

As Cody mentioned, your chest plate wants to ride over your ab plate, so some strapping on the inside would easily remedy that!

5zG4Fsm.jpg        jTpYhmd.jpg?2

The size of the ears may be an issue, though.  Yours are very thick, and could definitely be trimmed down, especially the lower portion.  Your gaps between the ears and cheek/sides are awesome, but know that wider gaps are to be expected in places.

Reference

tfjEzfF.jpg     VKJQcLm.jpg       ZgnlEAa.jpg?1 

If you decide to trim them down (your GML may ask you to do that) while you are at it I suggest repositioning them a little for a better look.  Ideally, the top of the round part sits right at the ridge (yellow line) and center should sit directly below the rear angle of the trap.  The screws should line up with the rear angle of the trap (blue dotted lines) as well.

Reference                                                                              Reference

jFd5YRR.jpg     gbTnNdC.jpg?1         fHVEXmX.jpg     yHDBvrh.jpg?1  

It may not be a deal breaker for Basic, but I would suggest raising the thighs a bit (it's fine to have a wider gap between the bottom of the thighs and the top of the calves).

Reference

VmQHdvI.jpg          XuwgX2o.jpg?1

If we can be of any help with any of these items, just let us know!!

Thank you for the extra input.  I'll have to wait and see what my GML says about my helmet,  I had a hard time positioning the ear pieces,  although slimming them down MIGHT  make positioning easier around the cheeks? Hmmm.... I tried widening my thighs in order to raise them with no luck.  I initially cut them too short circumference wise and I don't want the strips to be too wide and look weird. Thanks again, Joe!

• 2 weeks later...

All good advice as above, but a simple suggestion that might help too, don’t holster the blaster leave it out of the shots, it only drags your belt down, do the action shot with it but that’s it.:)

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 12:50 AM, Mworm1974 said:

All good advice as above, but a simple suggestion that might help too, don’t holster the blaster leave it out of the shots, it only drags your belt down, do the action shot with it but that’s it.:)

i'll keep that in mind next photo op !