TK-22020 Requesting ANH EIB Status (RS) (996)

Update: Alright, so I went ahead and attached a shim to my kidney armor to close the gap on my right side. Also, Goo-Gone was an excellent recommendation for removing the paint from my metal snaps. I scraped the paint off and then cleaned up the snaps so they’d be shiny.

DGh6jn9.jpg

akZyJXS.jpg

If there’s anything else I need to take care of to get me to that EIB, please don’t hesitate to let me know, looking forward to earning that badge! Thank you all in advance for your invaluable help.

Cam Blair

TK 22020

Edited by Order and Justice
  • Like 2

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions:

Your "Han" snap appears to be a little far over, which you may have to adjust but that's up to the DO's

DGh6jn9.jpg&key=caa7f76844f71f2f7e4be41alA0qpzp.jpg?1&key=f2a491bd31b4c10770fdbd

You may want to bring your shoulders in at the top as you have a big gap, also thighs could come up, you have a big gap there

1.jpg

Looks like your cover strips on the back of the thighs are angled

8.jpg

Thank you! I’ve applied ABS paste to the seam on my kidney armor and I’m gonna go ahead and take this opportunity to move my Han snap outward, as advised.

I do need to pull those gaps in between the thighs, the shoulders, and the torso armor. For now I think shortening the elastic loops will help, and losing a little of my extra bulk aught to help with that in the future as well.

As for the thighs, the strips are straight, but that photo certainly makes it appear that they are at an angle, it must be the way I’m standing in the photo or the way they fit. I’ll have to see what I can do to adjust that.

y55tZHl.jpg

Thank you for the advice, I fully intend to eventually reach level 3 after I reach level 2 and as staggering as that may seem, each small adjustment is a stepping stone along the way.

Thanks Again Troopers,

Cam Blair,

TK 22020

Update: Just wanted to add a couple more photos before the DO’s take a look. First here’s a look at the completed inside of the kidney armor shim.

dVxdG3Q.jpg

And because I noticed it on a recent submission from a Trooper who also obtained their armor through RS, here’s a look at all four of my thermal detonator screws, painted black.

wHEx3bc.jpg

• Like 1

Great job on those fixes, sir, but we still need quite a few required photos as seen in this thread (examples below).  No need to suit up for these, but please get them in as soon as you can so that we can move you along!  THANKS!

1.  Lens color (back-lit if necessary.

2.  Bucket (left side).

3.  Bucket (right side).

NOTE:  The side images you currently have do not show the ear positioning. 

4.  Holster attachment.

5.  ABS/canvas belt (rear).

6.  Close-up of right ab/kidney connection.

7.  Thigh ammo pack (left).

8.  Thigh ammo pack (right).

9.  Sniper knee (left)

10.  Sniper knee (right)

1.                                       2.                                                     3.                                               4.                                                                       5.

q1MyHdS.jpg?1  Sesz2KZ.jpg?1  wrCvMjx.jpg?1  NuUwsOZ.jpg?1  yPiWS2c.jpg?1

6.                                     7.                                  8.                                        9.                                              10.

EjP11tB.jpg?2    EJLdxB2.jpg   3khikgl.jpg     llKtwCE.jpg  Rv2EDtL.jpg

Thank you very much for the quick response, here are the requested photos:

7j6hIw3.jpg

EQZaYEs.jpg

ph1Hj6D.jpg

CySlXkV.jpg

egS5pj1.jpg

Oo0KIHi.jpg

VQuaiIo.jpg

yg585VY.jpg

EEYu0jZ.jpg

1UIfGkr.jpg

Thank you again for the quick reply, let me know if there’s anything else you need, and thank you and everyone following along for all the encouragement!

I’m looking forward to joining the lofty ranks of the Expert Infantry!

Cam Blair

TK 22020

Hi Cameron, and thanks for both your Expert Infantry submission and updated photos!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank.  On behalf of the DO team and myself, congratulations Trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

We know you jumped through quite a few hoops on this one, and we appreciate it!  Below are some suggested items to make that set of armor look even better, sir.

As seen in the reference images, the center of the ear should ideally sit directly below the rear angle of the trap above it, and the screws should closely line up with that angle as well.  Moving the tops forward would give you a much sharper and screen accurate look.

Reference images

cmPOYo2.jpg                YHXAj3Z.jpg?1   Ww7oPZM.jpg?1   7vj76QF.jpg?1

The thickness of the outlines is spot-on, but we are recommending that you extend the overall size to better fill in the traps.

Reference images

NbaLnuD.jpg          mHu54dS.jpg?1  1pGYRNp.jpg?1

Nice job on those shims!!  While some overlap is expected, it appears that yours may be able to be trimmed back some, and not sit under the ab plate as much.

Reference images

wfGQixH.jpg          hyXU23a.jpg?1  uD01Imm.jpg  Xj4NqnZ.jpg?2

A simple strapping issue here:  The top of your posterior plate is riding out quite a bit farther than we like to see, and should line up closer with the bottom of the kidney.

Reference images

ZNTj3Fo.jpg               zKslRXG.jpg?1   noosm4a.jpg?1

The positioning of the thigh ammo pack is great, but the rivets are a lot closer to the corner than they should be.  Although the rivet type used is certainly acceptable, the diameter looks to be a bit larger than 5/16 (8mm).

Reference images

JSmnVJn.jpg            BR7Pmkn.jpg?1    WzOZkTe.jpg

As noted in the reference images, the angle on the side(s) of the sniper knee are sharper.  2 minutes with a Dremel or file would take care of this!

Reference images

PF4jEgA.jpg            48uNBFr.jpg?1  g2ysRtw.jpg?1  yw0x9dW.jpg?1

It's just a small detail, but we are suggesting that you move your Hengstler counter forward a bit.  The rear should sit centered above the folding stock bolt below it.

Reference image

F8XuT4L.jpg        wqCY08y.jpg?3

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Normally, a small amount of excess brow trim is listed in the suggestions area above, but unfortunately yours is closer to half an inch too long on each side.  10 (careful) seconds with a razor knife and you are golden... EASY fix!

Reference images

7cBpH3I.jpg           mHu54dS.jpg?1  vcofHTb.jpg?1  1pGYRNp.jpg?1

As stated in the CRL, the tube stripes are located approximately a pencil width from the cheek.

Reference images

scgqC8N.jpg          LcJD65C.jpg?1  stl0geT.jpg?1

They may very well be present and just not seen, but for Level 3 the shoulder straps "need to held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece".

Reference images

hwCAtOX.jpg           U2dqCJM.jpg?1 safQDMp.jpg?2

You have some pretty big guns there, brother, but we are asking that the shoulder bells be brought in some more.  Ideally, the tops of the bells should touch the shoulder bridge, and while we understand that not all troopers can get that close, in looking at the height of your bicep armor, it looks like you could do this and not have a gap between them.

Reference image

oFhTy85.jpg  kHFpgyW.jpg          zZ9a6gM.jpg?1

Reference image

8U8wSig.jpg         Tyr3Lym.jpg?1

Nice work on that shim, sir, but before you get ready to submit for Level 3, we will need ya' to fill the seam with ABS paste and make it disappear as much as possible.

Reference images

5ChYaqx.jpg             JWOSKLB.jpg    gxk8Epm.jpg

As mentioned in your thread, the "Han" snap needs to be moved a lot closer to the edge.

Reference images

9rr1UIG.jpg           XVDOzuc.jpg?1  qbgMxYi.jpg?1

Last up is a common issue we see, where the outside edges of the drop boxes don't line up the outer edge of the ABS belt,  Some E-6000 on the rear of the straps would keep those devils in place.

Reference images

ZLtdq66.jpg            xupTqF3.jpg?1   w0z6I7T.png?1

And that's it, brother.  Do you have some work ahead of you?  Indeed.  Do I have every confidence that you can do it?  Of COURSE!  Thanks again for really stepping up to the plate on the fixes and extra photos, and now it's time to get ready for Centurion!  

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22020 Requesting ANH EIB Status (RS) (996)

Thank you so much! I’ve learned quite a lot, gotten some hands on experience with new techniques, and really enjoyed this whole application process from beginning to end. There are many more hoops to jump through on my path to Centurion, and I’m looking forward to each and every one of them.

Watching the final positions filled by my fellow Troopers on our march to 1000, my perspective changed from worrying that I wouldn’t make it in time, to accepting that I’d get approved when I got approved, and that the important thing was having a suit of armor I was proud of, and enjoying the journey as well as the destination.

That said, I am of a mind with Firedog, I’m overjoyed to be one of the first thousand Expert Infantry! I have a lot of work ahead of me, but rest assured, my Centurion application is on it’s way. Thank you again to the DO staff, and to everyone for your guidance and support along the way. Next stop: Centurion.

For The Empire!

Cam Blair

TK 22020