TK-22020 Requesting ANH EIB Status (RS) (996)

Hi Cameron, glad to see your EIB submission .Ā 

Ā 

I think you may want to add some more photos in advanceĀ  that I'm sure the D.O. Team will ask you to add.

Ā 

1- Photo of your helmet lenses form outsideĀ  with a light source inside to see the color :

Ā 

CRLĀ  :Ā Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes

Ā 

Ā 

2- Close photo of your inner ChestĀ  to Back connection to check the Fabric or Elastic .

Ā 

CRL :Ā Chest and back shall be connected with a white fabric or preferably elastic strap at the shoulders.

Ā 

referenceĀ Ā fRK6TTh.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

3- Close Photo of the rivet in the Ā lower Cod Area to see the rivets

Ā 

Crl:Ā Ā A split (bifurcated) or single cap rivet is present on the lower tab (cod area) of the abdomen armor.

Rivet on must be brass or silver in color, approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter and is not painted.

Ā 

Two male snaps are present on the lower center tab of the Posterior Armor.

Ā 

8gsMtpn.png?1

Ā 

something like this

4Ip2rOE.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

4-Ā  Close photo internal and external of both sides of your tight ammo belt

Ā 

CRL: Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed.
Rivet should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter (exterior).

Ā 

5-Ā  Close photo of both sides of your sniper knee.

Ā 

CRL :Ā Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

Ā 

6-- Close Photos of your boots

Ā 

CRLĀ :Ā There is no seam present on the front of the boot.
Boots have a black sole

Ā 

7- Close photo of your Belt and Holster.

Ā 

Any additional photo or other requirements will be adressesd by the D.O.

Ā 

Cheers and Good luck with your application Trooper !!!Ā  Ā :salute:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Thank you TK Spartan!

Ā 

I actually took a number of additional photos, some that you mentioned, but Iā€™ll have to take a few more tomorrow to meet these requirements. I had some trouble uploading them because I met my upload limit and Iā€™m not sure how to edit or delete already uploaded photos. I went ahead and made an account on imgur and Iā€™ll work towards adding more soon.

Ā 

In any case thank you very much for this initial input, it is greatly appreciated! I look forward to continuing with the whole process and eventually getting approval.

Ā 

Very Respectfully,

Ā 

TK-22020

Don't worry, take your time Trooper, using imgur you will be able to add more photos, is it not necessary to delete or edit, just copy the imgur direct link and paste it directly into the post.Ā 

Ā 

Your EIB badge is waiting for you sir.Ā 

Ā 

CheersĀ :salute:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Hi Cameron, and thanks for your EI submission!Ā  You have one fantastic looking set of armor there with a LOT going for it, sir, but in addition to the extra photos that Mario suggested there is one itemĀ we need before we can get started and get that Expert Infantry badge under your name.

Ā 

1..Ā  As per the CRL for Level 2,Ā 

Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.

• Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.

fWxzBZ8.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā Ā lA0qpzp.jpg?1

Ā 

You left side is good to go for EI, but your right side will need to be brought in a bit to reach that requirement.Ā  If we can be of any helpĀ just let us know, and I look forward to seeing those new photos!

Good Evening Troopers,
Ā 

Alright, so I went ahead and uploaded the photos requested, everything should be here with the exception of my Kidney/Abdomen gap, which of course will require alteration. Please let me know if there are any other photos needed for approval and if thereā€™s anything else to get closer to that EIB Badge. In the mean time Iā€™ll be busy at home doing some shimming. Thanks again for all the help, Iā€™m always blown away by the generosity of everyone here.

Ā 

https://imgur.com/a/AVcYTsg

Ā 

Very Respectfully,

Ā 

TK22020

Edited by Order and Justice
  • Like 1

Hi again Cameron, and thanks for the fast reply!Ā  Fantastic to hear that you will be working on that gap, sir, and I look forward to seeing the results!Ā  :jc_doublethumbup:Ā Ā With the new pics I see that you will need to remove the paint on the lower tab of the chest and posterior plate.Ā  EASY fix, sir.Ā  Some (non-acetone) paint remover and a few Q-tips and you will be good to go, brother.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Reference images

uyX1nU9.jpg?1Ā  Ā 5hs2ieJ.jpg?1Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  5QkSTLJ.jpg?1Ā Ā VJmcz5z.jpg?1Ā Ā 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:13 AM, Order and Justice said:

Alright, so I went ahead and uploaded the photos requested, everything should be here with the exception of my Kidney/Abdomen gap, which of course will require alteration. Please let me know if there are any other photos needed for approval and if thereā€™s anything else to get closer to that EIB Badge. In the mean time Iā€™ll be busy at home doing some shimming.

Any updates on this, Cameron?Ā  If you need help just let us know, and I look forward to seeing the new photos!Ā Ā :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

To be completely honest I got distracted by aĀ new helmet electronics project. I've taken my bucket from film accurate foam and chin strap to fully loaded withĀ iComm, hearing aid, and a four fan cooling system. Also I went ahead and replaced my eyeĀ lens strip andĀ that foam with a hard hat liner. None of this is getting me any closer to EIB status, but it's a lot of fun. My next step will be getting my hands on a good non-acetone paint remover for my cod piece buttons and acquiring some extra ABS and paste for making my kidney plate shim. I'll keep this thread updated as I move forward, thanks everyone!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Order and Justice said:

My next step will be getting my hands on a good non-acetone paint remover for my cod piece buttons and acquiring some extra ABS and paste for making my kidney plate shim.

Ahhhh,,, distractions.Ā  What fun would life be without them? LOL.Ā  For removing the paint from the cod snaps and rivet, I would use Goo-Gone and some Q-tips. It's a citrus oil based product and is available at Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart etc. for about $3.00 for a 2 oz. bottle and will not harm your armor in any way.

Ā 

ZAOA3Ae.jpg?1

Ā 

For the shims, I would try going directly to RS.Ā  They have fantastic customer service, and if you explain what you need I'm sure they would help.Ā  Getting it directly from them would also ensure that the color match is spot-on.

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22020 Requesting ANH EIB Status (RS)

Alright,

Ā 

I went ahead and made contact with RS Prop Masters and they have shipped some spare ABS. Once again Iā€™m stunned by their excellent customer service! Now to wait for that package so I can get started on my shim. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted as events unfold, Iā€™m getting closer to that EIB Badge.

Ā 

Cam Blair

TK-22020

• Like 2

Well done so far your almost there, if you are thinking of going for centurion shim both sides of the ab it will end up worth it, just remember you can cut some off the shim if the expansion shrinks, I added more to the shim and then cut 10mm off when I lost weight. Look up how to make abs paste itā€™s very easy and use E6000 for the shims so you can peel them off if you ever no longer need them. Well done and keep up the effort the emperor is proud of you.

22 hours ago, Order and Justice said:

Alright, I went ahead and made contact with RS Prop Masters and they have shipped some spare ABS. Once again Iā€™m stunned by their excellent customer service! Now to wait for that package so I can get started on my shim. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted as events unfold, Iā€™m getting closer to that EIB Badge.

Fantastic news, Cameron!Ā  You shouldn't be surprised about RS Prop Masters,Ā though.Ā  Robert has a stellarĀ (and well deserved) reputation here.Ā  Keep us posted!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update! Today I received a few sheets of ABSĀ shimming material, thatā€™sĀ the green light Iā€™ve been waiting for to continue with the process. Tomorrow Iā€™ll begin work on measuring, cutting, and attaching my shimĀ to my kidneyĀ armor. Other than that thereā€™s just the matter of the cod buttons and then Iā€™ll be submitting photos.Ā Thanks again everyone, Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Order and Justice
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Order and Justice said:

Update! Today I received a few sheets of ABSĀ shimming material, thatā€™sĀ the green light Iā€™ve been waiting for to continue with the process. Tomorrow Iā€™ll begin work on measuring, cutting, and attaching my shimĀ to my kidneyĀ armor. Other than that thereā€™s just the matter of the cod buttons and then Iā€™ll be submitting photos.Ā Thanks again everyone, Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Ā 

Ā 

That's awesome Cameron!

I'd love to see you do an update to your build thread if you made one to show how you do the shimming.

I have to shim mine as well (the big hold up on my EIB application).

You're on the home stretch! Your kit looks amazing.

Ā 

Best of luck!

9 hours ago, Order and Justice said:

Update! Today I received a few sheets of ABSĀ shimming material, thatā€™sĀ the green light Iā€™ve been waiting for to continue with the process. Tomorrow Iā€™ll begin work on measuring, cutting, and attaching my shimĀ to my kidneyĀ armor.

Ā 

Ā 

AWESOME news, sir!Ā  If possible, I would ask a huge favor:

Ā 

Would you consider doing a tutorial (with lots of photos/details) for this?Ā  I know it's a lot to ask, but with your mad build skills it would really help out those who will need to do the same thing in the future.Ā  If so, it can be posted in this section.Ā  Thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 months later...

Greetings Troopers,

Ā 

So if I'm not mistaken, the requirements for EIB state that as long as the gap between the ab armor and the kidney armor is less that 1/2"(or was it 1/4") than you're good to go. Also it states that a shim may be used to accomplish this effect. For EIB a seam may be visibleĀ where the shimĀ meets the kidney armor, but for Centurion there can be no visible seam. I've successfully attached a shim and the gap between my ab and kidney is closed, all I have left is to create some ABS and conceal the seam, but for the sake of getting my EIB approval, would my shim be acceptable in it's current state?

Ā 

Ā 

33 minutes ago, Order and Justice said:

Greetings Troopers,

Ā 

So if I'm not mistaken, the requirements for EIB state that as long as the gap between the ab armor and the kidney armor is less that 1/2"(or was it 1/4") than you're good to go. Also it states that a shim may be used to accomplish this effect. For EIB a seam may be visibleĀ where the shimĀ meets the kidney armor, but for Centurion there can be no visible seam. I've successfully attached a shim and the gap between my ab and kidney is closed, all I have left is to create some ABS and conceal the seam, but for the sake of getting my EIB approval, would my shim be acceptable in it's current state?

Ā 

Ā 

Seams are allowed for L2 so you should be fine

• Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Order and Justice said:

Greetings Troopers,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

As long as the shim is flush, it's ok at EIB. :)