Blast 'Em!'s ANH Stunt Anovos Build

Blast 'Em!

Haha I'm sure you're all good Fred- I'm finding there are many ways to go about assembling our armor kits. I've learned so much I'll likely buy another set of armor in the near future just so I can apply all the lessons and tricks I've picked up. I estimate I've spent around 100+ hours reading this forum and working on my own armor, so I wanna put all that time and developed skills to use again!

• Like 1

Yesterday I glued the front cover strip on my right thigh. I only have 12 of the 22mm N40 magnets, which I prefer to use when gluing anything with an inner and outer cover strip, so the left thigh will wait until today. After a month of working with those big rare earth magnets, they still make me nervous when I handle them. 

2cU3871h.jpg

I've also spent over an hour cleaning up the glue from my biceps, forearms, shins, and thighs, prepping the parts for showtime. I don't yet have the scrap material to make my bicep hooks (I'm saving scrap for reinforcing the chest and back after I glue my snaps), so I'll leave those pieces for now. I think it's time to pivot to the helmet :smiley-sw013::

1.      Use mineral spirits to clean up frown paint and around the vocoder. Re-paint frown, extending the edges

2.      Dremel/ small file the edges of the eyes.

3.      Paint ear screws white, swap current screws to the TD

4.      Strip all Velcro from interior, using Goo Gone for cleanup. Clean interior of helmet with rubbing alcohol (maybe mineral spirits instead?). Mask features. Spray 3 coats of plasti dip, 30 min in between, and then let air out for 4-5 days. 

5.      Cut green lenses to size, attach lenses and frown with Sugru

6.      Re-attach S trim, connecting under the chin

7.      Test tactical pads, assessing if they're too tall/ will take up too much room

For the Hovi tips, I'm still deciding between Tony's mic tips or just replacing the mesh for now. If I replace the mesh, I'll paint the edges white. Down the road I imagine I'll try and trim my ears so they sit flush.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obviously I've been away from my own build for a while as well, and perhaps you simply haven't been updating your thread, but every time I see your name on Tapatalk I hope that it's you posting progress. Haha. Hopefully life has been ok on your end; things have been crazy for me. Hopefully I'll have an update in the next couple of days. It usually takes me several days just to write my posts. Haha.

• Like 1

Haha sorry for all the false alarms Caleb! I only had a few hours for "TK Time" last month so my progress has been minimal. I should have more time this month so more posts are in the near future. Thankfully I've been able to find a spare 10 minutes here and there to hop on FISD and see what other people are up to, which is still fun. 

I hope things are going well with you and your family too and its great news for all of us that more detailed MV posts are on the horizon. Cheers bud.

• 1 year later...

I miss seeing your build progress, Shane. Though I’m afraid I’ve likely progressed as minimally as you (or perhaps less, haha). Hope you’re doing well man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for posting this thread. About 2 years ago I was lucky enough to find an Anovos pre-assembled TK on eBay still new in box. Working 6 days a week at the time it was my best option. I’m almost at the point where I have everything to complete it. Your information here is and will be very valuable as I also have a Shadow trooper kit to jump on at some point. 
So, thanks again. I’ll be watching. 

2 hours ago, Ghost Trooper said:

Hi and thanks for posting this thread. About 2 years ago I was lucky enough to find an Anovos pre-assembled TK on eBay still new in box. Working 6 days a week at the time it was my best option. I’m almost at the point where I have everything to complete it. Your information here is and will be very valuable as I also have a Shadow trooper kit to jump on at some point. 
So, thanks again. I’ll be watching. 

I'm sure Shane won't mind me adding these Anovos resources below, since his build is of the same maker, but hopefully these can be helpful to you, Mike.

ukswrath (Tony) - ANOVOS (Print PDF by harris.adp)

Harbinger (Brien) - ANOVOS

kman (Kalani) - ANOVOS

Uxorious (Fredrik) - ANOVOS

Rat (Jim) - ANOVOS

• Like 1