DarthBiscuit's R1TK Build (Jimmiroquai kit)

In stead of taking off a full front section can you just enlarge the oval area at the rear, again I would try on all your arm armor before trimming, just to check gaps  

Man, what's with you and ALWAYS recommending that I try on my armor before trimming?! It's like you care that I'm successful and get approved following the months of work I've put into this thing... I suppose I'll humor you and try it on
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarthBiscuit said:

Man, what's with you and ALWAYS recommending that I try on my armor before trimming?! It's like you care that I'm successful and get approved following the months of work I've put into this thing... I suppose I'll humor you and try it on emoji6.png

Measure twice cut once (or in this case, trial fit then trim) :laugh1:

waiting-for-omnipod-loop.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthBiscuit said:

Man, what's with you and ALWAYS recommending that I try on my armor before trimming?! It's like you care that I'm successful and get approved following the months of work I've put into this thing... I suppose I'll humor you and try it on emoji6.png

It's all about "Troopers helping troopers"

• Like 1

At Glen's urging, I test fitted my armor :laugh1: I really think the forearms are too long. When my arms are straight, the elbow gap looks small, but not bad. When I bend my elbow, it pushes down on my wrist and also extends back a bit. I think I need to trim length off, and not just open the oval area, since it might bend better, but will still look really long. On a positive note: I LOVE putting on multiple pieces!

shdfaFr.jpg

While test fitting, I marked where I'd mount the cod and butt. I E6000'd the double snaps at the base. I also added higher snaps in the bells, to raise the biceps. I left the lower snaps so they're still an option, if this doesn't look right.

iQlc8MP.jpg

And of course: wet sanding the primer off the thighs and ammo belt to 800.

3rLpvye.jpg

Edited by DarthBiscuit

It looks like the troopers in the reference have their biceps up a little higher also. There forearms are pretty long and just hitting their handguards too.

A rough comparison.

large.rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-11085.jpg.4ee217a4eb892976223864bd0a24e0a4.jpg.a0352dc3a1ce21446d5c881e0496ba8f.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like the troopers in the reference have their biceps up a little higher also. There forearms are pretty long and just hitting their handguards too.
A rough comparison.
large.rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-11085.jpg.4ee217a4eb892976223864bd0a24e0a4.jpg.a0352dc3a1ce21446d5c881e0496ba8f.jpg

Maybe raising my biceps will help with the forearms...I won't trim anything until I try it all on again
  • Like 1

I hung the cod and butt on the straps and they're perfect! Just another excuse to put on my armor :D

I also test fitted the armor to check my heightened biceps and my forearm length. I think they actually look good now!! With my elbow bent, it still seems a bit long to me, but relative to some screencaps it's reasonable! I think I'll sand out the inside of the wrist a little to loosen it up, since it's a bit snug with the sleeve and glove under there. I'm also thinking about adding elastic to my sleeves to loop around my thumb and hold them down; thoughts?

oF2JHfn.jpg

And then...sanding! Wet sanded the putty off the shins with 800 to prep for gloss white tomorrow!

ylyketC.jpg

And of course, some putty on the thighs... They're mostly ok, except where Jim fused together the separate sections.

gJ4xAKm.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DarthBiscuit said:

I hung the cod and butt on the straps and they're perfect! Just another excuse to put on my armor :D

I also test fitted the armor to check my heightened biceps and my forearm length. I think they actually look good now!! With my elbow bent, it still seems a bit long to me, but relative to some screencaps it's reasonable! I think I'll sand out the inside of the wrist a little to loosen it up, since it's a bit snug with the sleeve and glove under there. I'm also thinking about adding elastic to my sleeves to loop around my thumb and hold them down; thoughts?

And then...sanding! Wet sanded the putty off the shins with 800 to prep for gloss white tomorrow!

And of course, some putty on the thighs... They're mostly ok, except where Jim fused together the separate sections.

Looking awesome!

• Like 1

I have updated the Rogue One CRL, with loads more detail, but you can still run off the version you started on.

Here is the old PDF in case you haven't  downloaded it.  It has been replaced with the new version now on the CRL tab.

Rogue One Stormtrooper.pdf

• Like 1

I have updated the Rogue One CRL, with loads more detail, but you can still run off the version you started on.
Here is the old PDF in case you haven't  downloaded it.  It has been replaced with the new version now on the CRL tab.
Rogue One Stormtrooper.pdf

Thanks so much! I've been meaning to download it lol.
  • Like 1

I spread putty on the forearms today. They had quite a few streaks, so I opted to cover them in putty. Sanding it off is Future Dan's problem :laugh1:

e2ZEG4Z.jpg

I sprayed gloss white on the shins and sniper plate. At first, it was coming out horribly! So many spots where the paint just wasn't sticking, even though I had wiped them all down with a clean cloth. Subsequent coats seemed to stick better and cover those areas. They're pretty good now and might not need touching up...

3j8AG3b.jpg

I also prepped the cod and butt for understrapping. I'm not sure how comfortable a 2"-wide elastic strap will be, so I might switch this out with 1" webbing, or need to cut my elastic in half to 1". I'll find out on my next test fitting!

xqaVCfr.jpg

• Like 3

I sprayed satin white inside the thighs. In a few days I can sand the putty, E6000 snaps on, and spray gloss white! I ordered some 1" buckles to use with my 1" webbing, since the new CRL specifies that a side release buckle is required for Level 3. I know I'm grandfathered in for basic approval, but am unsure if that extends to EI or Centurion and figured I'd just do as much as possible to be ready!

vciJPJq.jpg

Also wet sanded putty from the forearms with 220. They were SCRATCHED UP!! I mostly kept putty out of the coverstrips and rectangles, since it'd be too hard to sand/file in there and hopefully their imperfections won't be too noticeable.

j5qJ8dq.jpg

And then I covered the trauma plate in putty! It should be easy enough to sand and needs to look good since it's just flat.

r9ALxwi.jpg

You normally have to be actually working on EI or Centurion to be grandfathered in but really depends on what the DO's say when you actually apply.

You love that blade putty 

download.jpg

• Like 2

Dan the height of the bicep looks good however, the gap between the shoulder bell and the shoulder strap looks too large. The shoulder bell should almost be touching. I agree it looks like you can cut some off the forearms. 

Here are some reference pics for you.

xNuHTxI.jpg

• Like 2

Dan the height of the bicep looks good however, the gap between the shoulder bell and the shoulder strap looks too large. The shoulder bell should almost be touching. I agree it looks like you can cut some off the forearms. 
Here are some reference pics for you.
xNuHTxI.jpg&key=4a878a528a3543dc27fa85925551fc4f4ea7da587ebe30cbf035a99643591ed6

The bell is hanging on by velcro, so I'll be sure to attach it closer next time. Thanks!

I think you also hung the bicep from the shoulder bell, so once you move the shoulder bell, it should also raise the bicep a bit. That may help with the clearance of the forearm but if the forearm is hitting the inside crease of the bend of your arm at the elbow, trimming will most likely be needed. I will also not that my forearms do hit the tops of my hand plate depending on where my arm is hanging so if you do choose to trim the forearms, I would take it from the elbow end not the hand end. Good luck.

• Like 1

So I was thinking about how my gloss white coats have been full of pinholes and thought that maybe I've been sanding too finely. So I wet sanded putty from my shins with 220. I found a few more spots so I filled them too. On a positive note, it's WAY easier to sand putty with 220 :D

BxNJUjg.jpg

I figured I'd quick spray some primer on the trauma plate too.

02NXla6.jpg

And then wet sanded more putty with 220 from the thighs and ammo belt. I then prepped some double snaps on small webbing strips, so I can E6000 them to the thighs tomorrow for hanging while I paint.

6KkETps.jpg

• Like 1

Today was ALL wet sanding to 220 :shok:

I got the last of the putty of the greaves. They're ready for a final coat of gloss white.

rWQ3ONk.jpg

I also sanded the trauma plate and forearms. The plate is ready for satin white inside and I'll gloss white the forearms in a few days.

OhiB6G4.jpg

I E6000'd snaps onto the thighs. I'll snap the long straps on, and hang the short strap on a string from the ceiling. Then I can swap the thighs in and out when painting gloss white without touching them! Hopefully the thigh snaps are in good spots for wearing...

RyRzqwz.jpg