7 year itch!

BALetner

The armor build threads are terrifying!!! 
A million pieces of plastic in a big brown box? Yikes!! SO glad I went with a commission build!

So I’m level 1 complete on purchases I think. 
- AM 4.5 Armor w/ bucket

- neck thing (TrooperBay)
- black undersuit (random online store)

- canvas belt (Dave’s Darkside Depot - included w commission) 

- holster  (Dave’s Darkside Depot - included w commission) 

- Gloves (TrooperBay)

- boots (Imperial Boots)

Anyone notice anything missing? 

I’ll need to decide on a blaster for level 2/3

And for future trooping I prolly overdid it with Ukswrath electronics for the helm. Mics and amps and speakers and hearing aids and fans. (Heck I hope my head will still fit inside!)

Dang this shi! is exciting. 

Edited by BALetner
  • Like 2

Yes Brad!! cool mate you're on the way now   :peace:!  The build process  is terrifying when you open the BBB for the first time and see those million pieces :laugh1: but when you start the process and with a lot of info, videos and of course the FISD troopers, everyone survive (no one left behind ) .

For your Blaster you can take a fast way for approval in basic with a Rubies one and later you can look for a better and expensive one to apply for higher levels (just my opinion B))

Check this out  

:salute:

• Like 1

Quick update..,

my bucket electronics from ukswrath arrived at Dave’s Darkside Depot yesterday! The commission build can now commence! 

All soft goods ordered. 

I like the Praetorian E11, but TrooperBay is fairly local by SoCal standards - so I might try to drop by in person to pick one up once the Emperor releases us from house arrest. 

So now I wait. 

• Like 1

“Exalted” don’t make his head any bigger then it is lol.

The first part of this hobby is investing and having nothing to show for it. Second part is getting all the smiles when you troop and maybe some maintenance in between. Your on a great path to start and the timing is perfect your missing absolutely nothing, no parties, no troops. Hopefully you’ll be good to go when it’s all done. Glad to have you here can’t wait to see the finished product, I love my AM armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BALetner said:

FIRST uniform piece arrived!!

TrooperBay gloves. 

shiz iz getting real!

Not sure if you knew this, but AM (Dave) includes the rubber gloves and flexible hand guards with his commission builds. :blush:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Not sure if you knew this, but AM (Dave) includes the rubber gloves and flexible hand guards with his commission builds. :blush:

Well dang. Now I’m sad. A little.

Glad I bought the cheap ones!

6 hours ago, BALetner said:

Yep. Pretty close now!  IB Boots arrived today. 

How do they fit, Brad?  Imperial boots are fantastic, but they tend to run a bit on the small side so I always suggest ordering a half to full size larger than you normally wear.  I also recommend getting a set of shoe trees.  Over time, the moisture from sweating can cause the leather to shrink, and those will ensure they stay the correct size.

e6FMLMg.jpg?1

• Like 1

Thank for that. I’d read that recommendation about size somewhere in these threads - so I went 2-3 euro sizes Large. 

So they fit pretty good. A little large perhaps. BUT I can barely squeeze into them. Once they’re on, all is good. But getting them on?? Wow. Almost impossible 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, BALetner said:

I’m practically already a StormTrooper!

I don't know if you'll be a good trooper, because if you served in Afghanistan, I'm sure you have good aim...:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:...Just kidding... I like the emotion you have every time you get a part of the armor...I'm sure you'll take your armor to centurion level...I'm sure.

Regards...

• Like 3