7 year itch!

BALetner

Hi everyone!

I’m Brad Letner from SoCal. I found the 501st in 2013 while in Afghanistan.  back then I thought I wanted to be a Vader when I grew up (even joined the Sith Lord forum as a potential recruit). 
   Time passes, I retired from the Army in ‘14 and focused on my post- Army career. 
    During that time I’ve seen a few 501st events and realized that at 5’10”, I wouldn’t make the best Vader AND it really only makes sense to have ONE at any single event - and TKs are forever!

I’m buying a commission build from Dave’s Darkside Depot with AM 4.5 (or whatever number it’s up to) - filling the bucket with almost $400 of electronics from our exalted XO, ukswrath.  Ordered my Imperial boots online too. 
   So I’m over $1,000 invested with nothing to show for it yet! LOL 

But after 7 years, it was high time to take the plunge and dive in. Look forward to one day finally serving with you. 

• Like 5

Welcome Brad! Good luck with your build. It sounds like you're off to a great start. Go ahead and browse around the forum and ask questions. We are here to help. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Brad.

Like Anthony said, browse the forum and have a look at the Getting Started Section. You already ordered your armor, but there is still a lot of other useful information.

And if you get stuck, just ask and we'll try to help. :)

Enjoy your TK journey and don't forget to post pictures from your big brown box, once it arrives...

• Like 1

Hi Brad, Welcome to FISD, glad you have started your new mission as a future  Imperial Stormtrooper, feel free to ask questions and looking forward to see your first photos. :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction
  • Like 1

Welcome Brad,

TK's are the best and unfortunately there will never be enough of us around to properly defend the empire!

Sounds like you've got a lot of great help right there in your Garrison. That UKSwrath fella has been heard of all around and has great stuff.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Brad! Commission build or not, start a build thread and post some pictures.  There are always little things to finalize and we are more than happy to help you with that.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Brad!  Fantastic to hear that you went with AM.  My Stunt and HWT armor are from them, and even after countless troops no cracks, splits or yellowing.

If you haven't had the chance yet, I would highly suggest getting all your build materials in place before you start.  Being ex-military I am sure you have some mad organizational skills as well as patience... (hurry up and wait, lol) so besides research, my advice is take... your.... time.  Once you start your build thread, be sure to ask any and all questions you may have and post up lots of photos.  We LOVE photos, and they are especially important if when you run across an issue.   We are here for ya', and thank you for for your service!  :salute:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BALetner said:

Thank you! Will definitely post in the build thread. Right now only pictures are an empty wallet and semi-tolerant wife. LOL

Still semi-tolerant?  Oh, I remember those days.  

• Like 1

Thanks again for the great welcome and for the list sent by justJoseph.

How about Centurion level Blasters?
 Looked in the commissary under active sales, but not seeing it. 
Found one on Trooper Bay for $250. It better be approvable for that. But I was hoping for something cheaper - but still approved. 

13 minutes ago, BALetner said:

Found one on Trooper Bay for $250. It better be approvable for that. But I was hoping for something cheaper - but still approved. 

If you can provide a link to the ebay sales thread or some detailed photos of the ad that would be great.  Please note that many (if not most) ebay sellers tend to stretch the truth when it comes to Centurion level approval, including armor and weapons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BALetner said:

Thanks again for the great welcome and for the list sent by justJoseph.

Hi , I have started with a Hasbro Mod E11 , but when I decided to go for Centurion Level I had to change it, now I'm trooping with a Praetorian E11 Blaster, hard Rubber made and very accurate and excellent, (my own opinion), for trooping in case of droping it.

7z92SG3.jpg

Another option that some troopers use is a DIY resin kit from Doopydoos , but not always in stock.

https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

here a build thread for this kit.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16135-doopydoos-all-resin-e-11-build/

Cheers

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BALetner said:

This is the TrooperBay E-11. Write up all how it’s molded from the original British MG, etc, etc

It looks great in detail.  Just for your consideration I noted a detail in the mold compared to my Praetorian.

a9jfejk.jpg

spY8Yyu.jpg

This is just a comment, I think both are expensive and great quality and have some details.  If you want I can take some pictures of my E11 for you to compare.

cheers

• Like 1

Great stuff thank you! 
How did you find those threads? Search “blaster” in the search bar? 

I’ll try to get better at finding the answers that are already here instead of asking them a 100th time! 

10 minutes ago, BALetner said:

How did you find those threads? Search “blaster” in the search bar? 

I have typed " E-11"  or try "E-11 Blaster"  

Usually it's necessary to type different words or words combination  to find exactly what you're looking for.   "trial and error".

but remember you can always ask all questions, we are here to help.

"Troopers Helping Troopers"  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BALetner said:

I’m pretty good at Google. No idea why those search talents escape me in a forum!

I have used google and typing the same (talking about stormtroopers things) , usually google include  into the list Whitearmor.net results also, so this is a good option too. 

cheers  :salute:

• Like 1

Welcome! It’s a great hobby to dedicate yourself to for sure...seven with this cost. And yes people don’t understand the original lyrics were “stormtroopers are forever” diamond can lose value...stormtroopers never do lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2