• Pauldron = katarra8 on eBay
  • Hand Plates = latex, justjoseph63 on FISD
  • Gloves = latex, Double One chemical gloves
  • Ammo Pouches = leather, 牛翠芬 on eBay
  • Backpack = self built, some parts from CrookKnight on FISD
  • Ammo Belt = Anovos
  • Canvas Belt = Imperial Issue
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Electronics = generic Chinabrand wireless mic into TK Talkie V3 (not shown) into Aker amp, UKswrath 5V fan system

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

XLb6tes.jpg

Front (Helmet Off)

4jaK89y.jpg

Full Body Back

A5IUzuh.jpg

Full Right

xdz2WN4.jpg

rMyOUxx.jpg

Full Left

cObdV2L.jpg

cz22JPF.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

FaA0SGD.jpg

Side

rXIUNZD.jpg

NK4VUcY.jpg

Back

UUzvd2q.jpg

Interior

1uhAMKK.jpg

S-trim Detail

XYopacP.jpg

Hovi tip detail

zXh6D4f.jpg

Lens color (Backlit if necessary)

YEAqTTP.jpg

Accessory Photos

Neckseal

BBVrKJW.jpg?1

Pauldron

UCavjhC.jpg

Ammo Belt

GBDSRwi.jpg?1

Backpack

175AK1T.jpg

Boots

lyXTEQ8.jpg

MdLTG2l.jpg

Blaster

wik5xpI.jpg?1

hQ4V5G0.jpg

Action Shot

ZNhIpBy.jpg

Optional

Interior Strapping

FiGQ6Ov.jpg

E6DnqKl.jpg

Abdomen Detail

i2kBvEF.jpg

Cod Details

Lybxpgz.jpg

Jr5E5FN.jpg

Handguard Flex

TSYDUcH.jpg

Sniper Knee Attachment (glue)

WOnAFde.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack Attachment (rivets)

muLFKCl.jpg

Wrist Return Edge Detail (none present)

t6urw2Y.jpg

Left Side (rivets) and Kidney Notch Detail

sDOyc5P.jpg

Thanks for looking @shashachu and @justjoseph63! I definitely appreciate you guys!

I was wondering when we were gonna' see this, Justin!  Looks great, brother, and I hate to ask you but we will need ya' to get suited up again (arms at side) for the front/back pics but without that awesome looking DLT-19.   AWESOME job on that weathering, btw :jc_doublethumbup:.

2 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I was wondering when we were gonna' see this, Justin!  Looks great, brother, and I hate to ask you but we will need ya' to get suited up again (arms at side) for the front/back pics but without that awesome looking DLT-19.   AWESOME job on that weathering, btw :jc_doublethumbup:.

OH NOOOOOO... dang, I know that people take photos with the blaster across the front of their body and block important details, so I intentionally tried to hold it to the side, but okayyyyy... might be a couple days before I feel like donning it all again, it's an ordeal haha

Thanks tho! My R1 suit has been taking up all my time and energy...

• Like 1

No rush, my friend, and I can't wait to see your R1 armor!

One other quick thing, can you post up a clear(er) pic of the frown for me?  I'm thinking it's just shadows, but I need to make sure the paint isn't going past the teeth.  Thanks!!  :salute:

PbWp6QT.jpg

On 4/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, justjoseph63 said:

No rush, my friend, and I can't wait to see your R1 armor!

One other quick thing, can you post up a clear(er) pic of the frown for me?  I'm thinking it's just shadows, but I need to make sure the paint isn't going past the teeth.  Thanks!!  :salute:

PbWp6QT.jpg

Original post updated with blaster-less front and back photos! Legitimately almost passed out in my suit so if that doesn't do it, I'll try again when I'm done with radiation treatment. Suiting up again kicked my butt and I overdid it. *le sigh*

gHhYfL0.jpg

Thanks for all your kind words tho! Weathering is literally just black eye shadow applied with a blush brush into all the ACTUAL weathering on the kit from almost 50 or so troops and events. This kit is pretty neat up and will retired after Centurion most likely.

Front/back pics look GREAT, and THANKS!  Just one last small thing before we can get that Centurion badge under your name, brother.  I need you to spend 5 minutes with some (non-acetone) paint remover and a toothpick to remove that last bit of paint from above the teeth as shown below.  I know it's a small detail, but these little nuances are what matter.  You can do it!!!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

evZ1vy1.jpg

11 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Front/back pics look GREAT, and THANKS!  Just one last small thing before we can get that Centurion badge under your name, brother.  I need you to spend 5 minutes with some (non-acetone) paint remover and a toothpick to remove that last bit of paint from above the teeth as shown below.  I know it's a small detail, but these little nuances are what matter.  You can do it!!!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

evZ1vy1.jpg

What Your Favorite Movie Quote Says About You | Favorite movie ...

Me, notices gum line: "I wonder if Joseph is gonna kick it back..."
Me anyways: "Nawwwww...."

c0eVBy9.jpg

- Goes to find non-acetone paint remover... finds acetone... no paint remover.

- USES NOVUS TO POLISH OFF THE PAINT

- Goes to find my Testors gray paint jar... no gray paint

- Sprays can of gray spray paint onto a piece of cardboard to touch up uneven lines

- Obviously doesn't match, paints entire frown

So yea, that was fun. Also, a tiny part of me died inside modifying a "screen used" helmet :P 

@justjoseph63 I appreciate you.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

I'll try again when I'm done with radiation treatment

What!? You're an animal Justin. I commend you on your desire achieve perfection at such a time. Checkered flag is out in both areas.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

What!? You're an animal Justin. I commend you on your desire achieve perfection at such a time. Checkered flag is out in both areas.    

Yeabuddy. Been fighting Hodgkin's Lymphoma this year (sucky 30th birthday present haha) but I'm done with pretty agressive chemo and on to radiation treatment to finish off some tumors in my neck and chest. 1/4 of the way done and getting nuked every day, Mon-Fri for a month. Gnarly stuff and it's been kicking my butt, but I'm responding well and am in the home stretch. Been working remote from home, but thank goodness still working, and have had a little more spare time.

The work helps take my mind off things but progress has admittedly been slow. I got both of these things in the bag forsure. Just gotta stay positive and put in the work.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

Hi again, Justin, and thank you for your second EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply.  (I think you should)!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for HWT Expert Infantry.  On behalf of Sha Sha and myself,  Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First, thanks for a fantastic job on the issues you have already addressed, brother.  We honestly appreciate all the hard work, especially with what you are going through...  well done!  Only a few items to go over in this area, sir, and I must say in advance that I am well impressed with your weathering job.  Not too much, not too little.  Just right!  

First up is the vocoder.  Overall a nice job, but ideally the lines on the ridges should be clean, crisp and symmetrical with the tops a bit more rounded.

tFBx4JI.jpg         JENlR6e.jpg?1  ZHinq2C.jpg?1

I realize that as a HWT that we are expected to have a few battle scars here and there, but since this armor is based on ANH Stunt we are suggesting that you touch up the paint on the small ab-button panel.

Reference image

IYjKZ6j.jpg?1       YCXjTtA.jpg?1

Although the Battlefront game does not show them, the original DLT-19s used in ANH had thin black wire holding the T-tracks on at each end.  Certainly not a deal-breaker by any means, just more of an FYI as you seem to be a fellow accuracy nut, lol.

7poAg6i.jpg?1

Reference image (Screen used weapon)

3a1pmRj.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than those for Expert Infantry, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Just one item to mention here, sir.  The gap between the bottom ridges on your left thigh is pretty prominent and needs some ABS love.  You can simply add an ABS shim behind it, or if you want to make it look awesome (hint hint) you can fill the gap with a tiny bit of ABS paste.

Battlefront game images                                                                  Reference image

Aqxt8e5.jpg?1      FPPZM27.png?1   tJRERn0.png?1   hpF721g.jpg?1

And there you have it, brother.  A super nice job on this conversion, and I can't wait to see you take this armor to the next level so that you can join the ranks of the few, the proud, the HWT Centurions!!

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-61490 Requesting HWT EIB Status [Anovos] (APPROVED)