Vendors list for your FOTK build...

ukswrath

14 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I've only built OTTK armor from Walt. I wasn't aware he was making FOTK now. 

Yes. I didn’t know either until I just asked a day or so ago. His OTTK is phenomenal. Especially if Eric Dyke builds the bucket. So I’m hoping and kind of expecting his FOTK would be of the same caliber. The guy is just a good human being too. I was actually surprised he wasn’t on your list already. 

• Like 1

I will say that some of Walts kit are notorious for not going together easily, so I am interested to see our first build thread on his FOTK.

Just because a maker produces something new doesn't give them automatic approved vendor status for that kit, it will come under peer review just like all before it. :)

Looking forward to some build threads and positive feedback from those working on them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Motogpnut said:

Yes. I didn’t know either until I just asked a day or so ago. His OTTK is phenomenal. Especially if Eric Dyke builds the bucket. So I’m hoping and kind of expecting his FOTK would be of the same caliber. The guy is just a good human being too. I was actually surprised he wasn’t on your list already. 

Walt in indeed a great guy, has a sterling reputation here and is indeed on our vetted seller list.  I too was not aware that he is now selling FOTK kits but I get the feeling they will be top-notch and am also looking forward to seeing a build thread and a set of finished armor!

• Like 2

Its been a long haul (2+ years) but near the end now. Will have a build log on the site. There are pre-production pics but will wait until the kit is released to share in the build log. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, LTM said:

Well, just a few months later and the BBB day should be in the next week or so from Walt. 

Looking forward to your build

Have spoken with Walt and he is keen to get this kit added to the vendor list.

Once he starts getting kits out there and we get the sort of feedback we have come to expect from Walt's armour, then we can look to adding this in as well.

Looking forward to that build thread Lou.

On an entirely separate subject, I noticed we don't have CrowProps (Gio) on the list for FOTK boots.

I raise this as it seems you can not order FO TK boots from Imperial Boots currently, and Gio seems to be the only other option.

• 4 weeks later...

Rubber Gaskets

Thorsson & Associates 

Web: http://www.tandaworkshop.com/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Thorsson-Associates-Workshop-112076042142986

Email: sthorsson99@yahoo.com

148928979_4348259258524622_3438734059193133025_n.thumb.jpg.17c59dd684ac4bf17a41f3c6e7f048ec.jpg

I know someone who has bought a set of these for their FOTK, I'll see if he can add some photos of the finished product and give us his thoughts on the overall product.

Some feedback will be good before we add them to the vetted list, although I believe the maker who was supplying currently on our vetted list, is no longer doing so, so we are limited for choice.

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, Guy_V said:

Many of the links don’t seem to work anymore… Does anyone have a good suggestion for an undersuit? 

I found this one on etsy.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/857740699/first-order-stormtrooper-costume-armor

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE on rubber gasket availability.

Thorsson & Associates will have FOTK rubber gaskets available again in 3 weeks from today.

Shawn is in the process of finishing a new set of molds and will be back into production.

This is great news for those chasing rubber gaskets for a more screen accurate look.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 5:31 PM, Sly11 said:

UPDATE on rubber gasket availability.

Thorsson & Associates will have FOTK rubber gaskets available again in 3 weeks from today.

Shawn is in the process of finishing a new set of molds and will be back into production.

This is great news for those chasing rubber gaskets for a more screen accurate look.

New molds are up and running and the parts are coming out good so far:
53462165950_1c6329ab79_c.jpgRubber FOTK Gaskets Curing 

Also worth mentioning, I do fiberglass FOTK armor (no helmet) if anybody needs one of those sets: 
48638543476_65f2f4b642_c.jpgKit Parts Laid Out

I have yet to actually finish one in white since it was really just a side project on my way to building Phasma, but here's a taped together test fitting:
48638685617_ee07c72cdd_c.jpgFreddy Test Fit Side

And you can see more photos in this album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskdaqdDD 

• Like 2