Slow Start to an R1TK, in CA

Hey everyone! Long-time Star Wars fan, first-time cosplay! I'm talking movies, shows, books, and games; canon and legends; all of it! I have a bunch of Disneyland lightsabers, even one from Savi's, and a Rubie's Jedi robe, but nothing so legit as a movie-quality Stormtrooper costume!

I met up with a guy in Feb who showed me his ANH TK and ESB TS. So awesome! I wasn't supposed to be interested, but I couldn't help myself.  He introduced me to the websites and resources and I was hooked!

I started looking around the 501st and thought I'd check out some Phase II Clonetrooper armor (the customization options were intriguing), but I knew that my first costume just HAD TO BE a Stormtrooper! Looking through the versions, I really like the crisp lines, refined details, and vent depth of the Rogue One TK! I checked out the vendors and decided on Jimmiroquai!

Sadly, my wife was not on board with the financial cost or required time to produce a full suit. She was more open to starting with a helmet, and if I enjoy it enough and improve my DITY skills, then supposedly we’ll readdress the rest of the armor.

So I ordered Jim’s R1TK helmet a few days ago and, COVID-19 restrictions permitting, it won’t be too long before I get started!  For now, I’ll just keep scouring the forums to gather everything I’ll need for my helmet so I’m ready when it arrives!

The work looks daunting, but I think starting with just the bucket will help me focus and ease in. Plus, I’m sure this community will provide plenty of guidance as needed.

So excited to take my first step in joining the 501st!

• Like 1

Hi Dan, welcome to FISD. Congratulations for your first steps in becoming an Imperial Stormtrooper.

Looking forward for your Helmet build thread and don't be shy in asking questions, we are here to help.

Cheers :salute:

• Like 1

Welcome Dan. It may seem daunting but once you've completed one piece you'll sit there starting at what you've made feeling a sense of glorious satisfaction and feel invigorated to complete another.

Keep researching and preparing my friend. You've just stepped aboard a rollercoaster of pride.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Dan.  It can all seem daunting at first, but it is not as difficult as it might look.  I think you will find yourself a very satisfying hobby at the end of the day.  You will also learn to better manufacture "alternate facts" for the benefit of your wife and your marriage.  :laugh1:

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Dan!

Great story. Everyone starts small;)

It gets addictive. But a great kind of addictive. Especially the helping out parts. Enjoy your journey!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

Hello there and welcome! My first armor was a Jimmi FOTK which is definitely something that requires plenty of work, but with patience and dedication you can make a great kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2