TK-XXXXX , first report!

Hey everyone, name's Dave and just dropping in to say hi and introduce myself! Been a lifelong Star Wars fan, and growing up, the characters from the movies were my idols and heroes. Cons and cosplay weren't happening, and the big screen was where all my fantasies played out. Then a few years back I heard about a group called the 501st and what they did, and I wanted to do nothing more than to join. Sadly, being in the military in a time of war kept me from doing that. Well, just this past February I was lucky enough to be able to join the Parjai Squad of the 501st at Pensacon and trooped for 2 out of the 3 days as a Tank Trooper. I was hooked! Unfortunately for me, this all happened right before COVID-19 began sweeping the nation, and my build plans got put on hold. But I'm still researching and gathering the pieces slowly, and hope to be approved by this fall. First build is going to be a clean R1TK, then a Tank Trooper once the TK is approved. Got my Black Series helmet in Thursday, and can't wait to start the process!

I've attached a pic from Pensacon this year, with me in Tank Trooper armor. Seriously the best time of my life. FOR THE EMPIRE!

IMG_4364.JPG

• Like 4

Hi dave, welcome to FISD and great to know you're in the way on becoming a R1 stormtrooper. Congratulations for your first step with the helmet.

Since research is the clue to have a successful building process,  You may want to check out the following forums sections if you still haven't done yet and could see if there are some other topics that would interest you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/162-rogue-one/

Looking forward for your project photos.

We are here to help.   Troopers helping Troopers :salute:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi dave, welcome to FISD and great to know you're in the way on becoming a R1 stormtrooper. Congratulations for your first step with the helmet.

Since research is the clue to have a successful building process,  You may want to check out the following forums sections if you still haven't done yet and could see if there are some other topics that would interest you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/162-rogue-one/

Looking forward for your project photos.

We are here to help.   Troopers helping Troopers :salute:

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve done a lot of looking at these different suppliers (good and bad) from my browsing on the forums. I’ve decided to go with a kit from 850 Armorworks. They’re with the group I trooped with this year, and they are constantly working to improve their builds and make them as accurate as possible.

The one problem I’m finding is when researching the Black series helmet mods in the forums, a lot of the pics have broken links. Is there possibly another place to find good instructional pics? I’m a visual guy so it helps. Thanks everyone!

Welcome Dave!  It is a load of fun isn't it?  I got to 9 troops in my ANH TK before all this happened.  We're all dying to get back out there.  Since you already gotten bit by the bug you have the advantage of not missing anything while you build. :salute:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Congratulations for your purchase .  looking forward to see photos of your BBB day. !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks! Just started my build thread under the Rogue One forum. Will definitely keep things updated as the build progresses!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...