Cricket

Cricket's 3D Print FOTK (TLJ)- ABS, Kid-sized

Awesome. Love the spotted look :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Amazing story, and a great job...Congratulations on the values you have taught your child...

• Like 2

One thing I like to do is to spray a light guide/mist coat of black, it's helpful when you rub down it will show any dips and rises, the more black that is left the more dips and holes. 

images.jpg

• Like 2

Leopard trooper look is cool :)

• Like 2

No time to work on armor this week- maybe tomorrow though?  I'm taking a break from sewing cloth masks right now to share this super cool thing that arrived today!!!  Behold!  Fabric for gaskets!!!

49952170403_665b2615ef_b.jpg

I was hesitant to plan on making somewhat accurate undergarments for my son's FOTK because of all the ribbing that I would have to sew.  Last week somehow I ended up down a rabbit hole of fabric research online, and I found exactly what I was looking for!  I don't know if it would pass for 501st approval, but heck, it'll work for Galactic Academy for sure! (I know this because Cameron was approved in his battle buddy FOTK with plain black compression garments.)

It was on sale when I bought it, but it's kind of pricey now at $30/yard.  :shok:  :(  https://www.joann.com/cosplay-ribbed-pleather-fabric-black/16228017.html  Look for a coupon for it; Joann usually has coupons available to knock down the price.  That said, I probably still would have bought it if only so that I could avoid sewing ribs!  

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2