ANH Hero Build - PostedPython

PostedPython

Dimple is front of left bicep . Check the movie reference photos . 

Your armour appears to be return of the Jedi, not new hope , I'm not sure how you will achieve the new hope hero look you are going for . 

5 hours ago, Rob .T . said:

Dimple is front of left bicep . Check the movie reference photos . 

Your armour appears to be return of the Jedi, not new hope , I'm not sure how you will achieve the new hope hero look you are going for . 

It’s ANH set.  The back and butt have to be cut 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rob .T . said:

So how do you do the return edges ? And what about the stomach / cod alignment ? 

Hi, I think the following post can be helpful for all about  return edges. 

Cheers :salute:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PostedPython said:

I figured it out thank you and it’s from WTF

I think this building thread could be useful to have some tips for your project.  

Cheers :salute:

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, Rob .T . said:

So how do you do the return edges ? And what about the stomach / cod alignment ? 

Stomach /cod alignment?     That’s all one part  

it may be possible I don’t understand your question.     

Yes it's all,one part, but like some other parts of your armour is based upon return of the Jedi armour , totally different from new hope armour . 

The top and bottom halfs of the all in one piece line up differently on a new hope armour .  Once the belt is in position it won't be obvious to the general,public . 

Don't let it bother you , carry on enjoying your build . 

Hi Chris,

I’d consider slimming them down a little. Usual rule of thumb is to have around a finger’s width gap around the part.

0c82453161a87edee06cc83f2adf72f5.jpg&key=814bf6ca19db9f64d4cc3f46498c165b6733e09af220e3be05f60689c74e0835

As above, the original suits were a little more fitted. Especially take note of the gap around the wrist.

The proportions of the parts look a little different at the moment, so I’m guessing either you are quite a tall trooper or the parts from this supplier are smaller. Slimming down the parts should help even out the proportions a little, as will reducing the gap at the elbow (moving the forearms up closer to the biceps).

• Like 1

As Dan mentioned, trimming them down will help a LOT.  I would start with trimming down the raised area that faces out (yellow lines shown).  In this particular case, the sides of the 15 mm wide cover strip should extend all the way to the edge of the raised areas (see arrows in reference image).  Same with the forearms.  After that, since there are no ridges on the other side any further trimming can be done there to give you a better fit.

8sDuZhV.jpg    VqFdTcK.jpg  

Can you post some photos of the forearms showing the seams (both sides) for us?  Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PostedPython said:

If I take much more off I won’t be able to get the 1 in foam in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really shoulden’t have any foam. Idealy you would just be able to squezze your hand through the wrist opening. The maker if the armor (for the movie) had envisoned it to look as it had grown onto the body, keeping it form-fitting is the way to go for that iconic Stormtrooper-look:duim:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheSwede said:

You really shoulden’t have any foam. Idealy you would just be able to squezze your hand through the wrist opening.

Exactly.  The shoulder bell to bicep and bicep to forearm strapping will keep them from shifting out of place if they fit correctly, so no foam should be needed.  Foam is normally only needed if you find that the calves are turning out (usually the left one).  I have AM armor for my Stunt and HWT (which can be used for larger troopers) but I cut it down to fit my frame perfectly, and your arms look to be be larger than mine!

Note in my own "action shot" below that my biceps are pretty tight fitting, my forearm is tapered with minimal room at the ends with small wrist opening. 

14rgOIo.jpg

5 hours ago, PostedPython said:

What size mesh do I need to get for the hovi tips for level 3?

For Level 2 (EI) the CRL states that it must be "a wide type mesh".   If you need the correct type, Tony has it for sale here at a really good price.

Tight mesh (not acceptable)               Wide mesh

b6UGzc4.jpg?1      pjBiJ8G.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back, here are a couple of great threads which should help you on your way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PostedPython said:

Hey guys it’s been awhile been frustrated with everything that I needed a break. Now back and wondering if you guys had any tips on getting the ears more flush?

Well Chris...Do not worry, rest a little and then you will see things better...The 2 tutorials are great...If you have any questions, ask again, no problem ...You're doing a great job...

When you have your EIB and Centurion, you will not remember these little stressful moments. 

Regards.