ANH Hero Build - PostedPython

PostedPython

Just a suggestion, no real rule to this, but I might start with biceps. They are relatively simple and mistakes will not be seen much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@husky68 is right on the money, Chris.  The biceps are a good place to get the hang of cutting, sizing, etc. and are a great starting point.  If I could offer some advice, it would be:

1.  If you have a question or are unsure about moving forward on a particular piece, ask (and post a photo) first before moving ahead.  

2.  Measure twice (or 3-4 times), cut once.  You can always take more off in most cases, but putting it back is a different story.

3.  Take.... your.... time.  Rushing things leads to mistakes, so consider your build more of a marathon than a sprint.

4.  Don't be shy about asking questions, no matter how small you think they may be.  This is one of the advantages of having a build thread of your own... we've all been in your position and we are here to help, not judge.  We want you to get it right the first time!

I have some tutorials below that may help, especially this one, and will be following your thread.  While you may be thinking of just Basic 501st, approval so you can get out and troop with the Tampa Bay Squad, hopefully you will consider going the extra mile toward screen accuracy and aim for EI/Centurion.  It's really not as hard as you may think, and much easier to do during your build rather than after.  This link will show you some more details.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PostedPython said:

Suggestions on where to start?

Hi Chris, congratulations on your BBB day !!  Enjoy this journey to become an Imperial Stormtrooper.

What I usually do, I call it  My ABC, when starting an armor build is:

1- Cut all , remove return edges where need and sand all pieces.

2- Start Adjusting from upside  Arms,Forearms, Thighs, shins   using painter's tape. (remember to wear your inner black suit.)

3- Cut and glue cover strips, place Snaps ,Rivets,  Ammo packs, Belt.

4- Place Straps .

5- Test fit  all the armor and adjust where needed.

Cheers.  :salute:

Good luck and looking forward for your advances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PostedPython said:

Did I cut and sand this right? Or do I need to take more off?

Hi, You're going the right way trimming little by little. here a couple of reference photos for you to compare .I think you can trim a little more in the left eye and more in the right one. and try to take a complete picture of both eyes together.

xZo5GqF.jpgijh1BwX.jpg

cheers.  :duim:

Edited by TKSpartan
  • Like 1

If it helps, I find a free app like LiveCollage helps to get parts right. As below, put a picture of your progress again screen used examples to see how you’re doing and if adjustments are needed.

3c93924b4f6fbcea4aedc8638cd4e63d.jpg&key=163cfcd0a89578d09257e0d1bf8300a939a2c03511ce737c3ee0ef3e19da3133

If it helps, I find a free app like LiveCollage helps to get parts right. As below, put a picture of your progress again screen used examples to see how you’re doing and if adjustments are needed.

3c93924b4f6fbcea4aedc8638cd4e63d.jpg&key=163cfcd0a89578d09257e0d1bf8300a939a2c03511ce737c3ee0ef3e19da3133

Ok awesome yeah I can definitely tell the difference now. I’ve seen some where it looks like they have a slight lip. But, now I see the lip is way to big on mine. Thanks for the help guys!!

• Like 1

These would be my suggestions, Chris:

1gaFsQD.jpg?1     6ytb30s.jpg?1  l06KlXx.jpg

It's best to leave a little more than you think you will need, as you can always remove more if required.  I would suggest just blue taping the cap and face-plate for now until you get a rough trim on the ears, this way you can better adjust things forward or back as needed.  Remember that the ears should line up as seen below, with the center of the top directly below the rear line of the trap and the 2 screws in line with it as well.

c2DvlQe.jpg?1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PostedPython said:

Also what does it mean by S shape

Hi, It refers to the shape of the rubber seal that goes under the helmet . 

YkCNiEv.jpg  zKsE2uG.jpg

On the contrary, this other is "U" Shape,  Basic level only.

xjq86iR.jpg

Cheers.  

2 hours ago, PostedPython said:

Having a hard time finding a thread for a Level 3 ANH Hero only stunt was wondering how much of a difference that made?

I think this post could be helpful.

and for a general comparison, you may want to check uot this link.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormcompGinoCR_GF.htm

Cheers  :salute:

Is this correct?

QWy9dpk.jpg&key=bdda7d795343e5f17712200db85bc8d824dcf8e9bb262368c9765e973db84aad

Szilxpt.jpg&key=36e78c766ffdd2bac442604935840c6705b50bfbc4e6815cbb47827922c0ac5a

Having a hard time finding a thread for a Level 3 ANH Hero only stunt was wondering how much of a difference that made?

Hi Chris,

The cut line you were recommended won’t really accommodate the ears. The ears are more of an S shape so the helmet needs to follow;

dcaf210f59a830feff25909ff65491b2.png

The comparison above is to one of my builds (not a screen used helmet) but the blue line shows the cut line on the back/cap section.
The green line shows the approximate alignment of where the ear cap will sit. The blue line and green line must match up to allow the the ear cap to cover the seam (where the two parts of the helmet meet).

As such, and in this video that I did, I’d suggest rough trimming your ears first - you can then hold them up to the helmet and see where the back/cap section needs to be cut.

On another note, and as per the helmet alignment link that TKSpartan shared, there are common traits with stormtrooper helmets. As below, the slight rise in the brow section (compared with the mould line on the back of the helmet) is one of them. Below is a comparison to a screen used Hero helmet;

f7082535d03abbbf9af0c16e9be57a58.png

Hope that helps a little. :-)
  • Like 1

Is there a right or wrong way to put on ears? I have seen them being put on both ways.

There is a specific left and right ear so they should go the correct way (like the movie helmets).

Here’s some more examples. :-)

2e27ea1969f98a1f00b58c0571f3ecb8.plist

89115c6b8acbc2d81808aaef6fdfb20a.plist

c69e4a37c35a6c7a3d35dddd765a5cff.plist

388940b19168caab02a89c5ccf77bfc8.plist

e2d2e1e58279f27f6db54b636b9d2198.plist
  • Like 2