Kaosem's ANH Hero WTF Build

kaosem

I know I have to cut these down a bit more to fit properly. Is the forearm length correct?

6IrRUXy.jpg

Thoughts on the bubble lenses? (Please ignore the ear hole. I have yet to deal with that sucker. :P)

pZAGq9L.jpg

0QO12tA.jpg
hhQ6FXw.jpg

1 hour ago, kaosem said:

Is the forearm length correct?

Yes, the length is just right. and the bubble lenses looks great to me and just as the crl states:

Lenses may be flat or bubble, green or smoke, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes

KWe0NCv.jpg

Keep on doing a great work.  :salute:

• Like 1

You are making great progress, Emily, and especially nice job on that ear placement!! :duim:   If I could make a few suggestions, they would be:

1.  It looks as if the wire mesh in your Hovi-tips is of the fine type.  For Level 2 and above it needs to be the wider (more open) type.

Reference image

dp8Ko16.jpg?1   rXENcKX.jpg?1

2.  The paint at the ends of the frown is more Stunt style as opposed to Hero.  Instead of the longer taper you may want to shorten it a bit with some (non-acetone) mineral spirits and a toothpick.  Not the biggest of deals, but note how the paint on the teeth doesn't extent quite so far toward the tops as seen in Stunt frowns.

Hero frown reference images

Dv2BJkt.jpg?1  e4jHwhg.jpg?2  g5OKgvm.jpg?2 QqWpkxM.jpg?2

Last up, as you mentioned the forearms/biceps will need to be reduced in size (the length is spot-on, though).  It should not be snug against you, but should not look over-sized.  The rule of thumb I use is 4 (maybe 5) fingers of space between your arm and the armor, with the wrist opening just wide enough to get your hand through with a little extra room.  

lCDIQ9t.jpg      pbdQOUx.jpg?1

Keep up the fantastic work, and keep the questions and pics coming!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...