Tips/Imprvement reccomendations for my ANH TK (im 16 and too young to be a member)

Hi Everyone! My name is Carter, and Im located in the Garrison Carida region of Pennsylvania. Im currently 16 years old, meaning Im slightly too young to be a member of the Legion at the moment, but i wanted to upload pictures of my assembled costume to maybe get some tips or changes for my armor. I assembled an Anovos Original trilogy TK and its my pride and joy. Im currently assembling a shoretrooper Captain and Im almost done with a Sith Acolyte from SWTOR. I know its not perfect, but i think its a good starting point. I currently have rubies boots, which I know are not accurtae, and i need to touch up the paint on the COD piece, but any other information regarding its accuracy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mrrRi19.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Carter!:duim:

You're looking pretty good there. From the few pictures you have I see you could pull your bells in some at the top would tighten up the gap. It looks like you have the rivets on the kidney on the right. The two rows go on the left side of kidney and ab. The other photo I'm not sure if that's the Han snap sneaking out under chestplate. If that is indeed the snap that goes on the right side of ab near corner. Your thigh ammo pack could use a little lift in front to make it look much better.

Overall you did a great job. We look forward to you joining in a couple of years.:salute:

Good Luck Future Trooper!

Thanks for the quick response! In regards to moving the rivents to the opposite side of the kideny, do you reccoment I fill the existing holes with a filler of some sort, or add additional rivets to the other side? Also, is that for level one or two certification?

Hi Everyone! My name is Carter, and Im located in the Garrison Carida region of Pennsylvania. Im currently 16 years old, meaning Im slightly too young to be a member of the Legion at the moment, but i wanted to upload pictures of my assembled costume to maybe get some tips or changes for my armor. I assembled an Anovos Original trilogy TK and its my pride and joy. Im currently assembling a shoretrooper Captain and Im almost done with a Sith Acolyte from SWTOR. I know its not perfect, but i think its a good starting point. I currently have rubies boots, which I know are not accurtae, and i need to touch up the paint on the COD piece, but any other information regarding its accuracy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/lds1sMv

Hi Carter,

Great to hear that you are looking to join when your are a little older.

You’ve done a nice job of fitting the armour to your frame - it mostly sits really well.

While you are waiting to join, there are some changes that will be needed for clearance. I’ll show them below;

From the top

Blue; I’d suggest shortening the strapping from the shoulder straps to the shoulder bells. This will bring the bells in a little.

Yellow; The ammo belt is missing the three covers that go over the fixings.

Green; the coverstrips on the thighs should stop at the ridge.

81846fbc1a811f3e202545d6f0b266f5.jpg

7421cf22182809eb2a173b18904c78cd.png

From the back, I’d suggest that you try lowering the back plate to reduce the gap.

bf3d92f9ca512774246a6e54c616f0e0.jpg

The left side is a little more tricky.

Unfortunately, (green) it looks like you’ve put the side rivets on the right hand side of the armour, not the left. There should be 6 split rivets on this side

Blue; this looks like the “Han snap” and should be on the right hand side.

Yellow; your helmet is a Stunt helmet so the belt should match the Stunt appearance. As such is should only have e two fixings.

2fc0684c38e5b2b261c1530d25e6e728.jpg

Belt holster reference
4f5bf312eec5b899481c9ee577c38124.jpg

Side rivets reference
a8606b5f4b27bf1311e96b4ec80c79d6.jpg

As above, on the right side we should not have rivets - just the one visible “Han snap”.

Blue ; some white paint should be applied to the thigh ammo pack fixings.

e51c2a40beb87a7d2f60f3d3252a0ea8.jpg

Right side reference

2fd0901a638dc802bd7c56dbadb4332c.plist

Most of these are quite easy to change and it’ll certainly give you a bit of a project. If you have any questions about the above points, or how to remedy them, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Dan

https://imgur.com/a/lds1sMv
If you want to take your anh tk to new levels of screen accuracy, look into the crl, the level 3 section, and, look here in the forum for "centurion level" or "level 3", read the centurion approval threads, I'm sure you will find info

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk