Crocheting Trooper/TK41466 Pre EIB Submission Photographs

Diana

Hello my fellow Stormtroopers.  I am attaching a bunch of pictures for your input. I looked on different threads and tried to get the important points on my armor that might need to be fixed before I submit my photographs for the EIB approval process.  I look forward to your feedback and all of your helpful hints.  Thank you!!

FULL ARMOR:

6PhlOmv.jpg

4SZRZJi.jpg

3kq1iRo.jpg

3yKpLrk.jpg

94t3y5Q.jpg

KZ9qbkV.jpg

PsoziH1.jpg

62JcE0k.jpg

7IqAP2s.jpg

WoAFcPz.jpg

TORSO:

QZNMewB.jpg

DvJUX8F.jpg

CyZaMAd.jpg

Z3hZF5e.jpg

Y2UHqQf.jpg

n08GARI.jpg

EdGm9JL.jpg

AbpNx0N.jpg

iChIIVl.jpg

tumpbMu.jpg

BaVTZPl.jpg

kP28Zqr.jpg

x3bfwtU.jpg

hXLRkqZ.jpg

W4xdV1f.jpg

SbTmnvF.jpg

HELMET:

219trig.jpg

QG8COn6.jpg

TBMFQ9B.jpg

RFZ1s3X.jpg

rHFa0bQ.jpg

NDOKhtt.jpg

lX7GKWk.jpg

lOVDyPx.jpg

4wR94Rr.jpg

SHOULDERS, ARMS, AND HANDS:

P4ku41R.jpg

iMQKy45.jpg

mbYnuQw.jpg

DsZTic3.jpg

LEGS AND FEET:

fSAZgDu.jpg

X3ZFFzq.jpg

65nDTOT.jpg

F8zG0YV.jpg

mWujbgA.jpg

i7AufKf.jpg

SBs6ODe.jpg

zItLjsL.jpg

3kbOuuU.jpg

Zaw5BeF.jpg

bN7PI8p.jpg

BELT, HOLSTER, BLASTER, AND DETONATOR:

jWJjzJb.jpg

EC5ZdJx.jpg

jk81Esw.jpg

1dgVJ68.jpg

gbgbvBa.jpg

jPd716m.jpg

rj2TOO6.jpg

iGrHxIE.jpg

OLkRexZ.jpg

1WbFtNQ.jpg

zZC70Qq.jpg

0TW5TJm.jpg

JUST FOR FUN:

I am 5'2", my son is 5'9", and my daughter is 5'3".  I look like a mannequin that they are adjusting.

1VO3hc3.jpg

ZjdPrvi.jpg

Thank you for your time and patience! :)

Edited by Diana
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

Hi Diana, Great to see you're going for higher levels, that's the attitude!

overall you looks good in your armor, well done 

I would like to  give you a couple of  suggestion from my view for EIB Level, Centurion level would requiere some more adjustments  :

:As the crl states for basic level :

1- Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. A total of 8 cut outs in the teeth area of the frown are present.

You may want to add some a gray paint to the extremes  and remove some from the edges , take a look to the reference photos included.

kDBhDe3.jpg

8fZqum7.jpgsfS9Av2.jpg

2-  Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is painted black.

you may want to reshape your vocoder as the reference photos, just a few minutes with and toothpick and mineral spirits can be usefull.

bYBInej.jpgagqKRcW.jpg

3- Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

You would like to adjust your TD clips as the references

b8mPdSa.jpg

7tOEvV4.jpg

Cheers  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
Word correction
  • Like 2

Hi Diana!  AWESOME to hear that you are getting ready to submit for EI, but before you can do that you will need to apply for Legion access here.  It should take less than a day or so, and once that is granted we can go from there!

You did a super nice job on this build, but there are 2 small items to deal with before we can get that EI badge under your name.

The tube stripes are quite a way from the cheek.  Ideally, the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek.

ceRMzZS.jpg      2ejmOui.jpg?3  RhmYlo5.jpg?2

As Mario mentioned, there can be little to no gap between the clips and the end caps

The right side is spot-on, but the left one needs to be brought out to where it matches the right one as in his suggestion.

The paint on the teeth will also need to be taken back from the gum line.  The references he provided show what they should look like.  15 minutes with some (NON acetone) paint remover and a toothpick and you are golden!

In looking at the overall build, I honestly see no reason why you can't get this set of armor all the way to Centurion!  There are few issues you will need to work on, but I have faith in ya'!

If you have the time, below are some suggestions to think about for level 3.  If we can be of any help with anything at all, just let us know!

The shoulder bell/back plate gap is perfect, but the front could use some tweaking. 

EVS2Tcz.jpg      k85ELoM.jpg?1

To get them closer, this is what I would recommend:

1.  Remove ALL the return edges from the bottoms of the bells.  This will allow them to sit closer to the biceps.

2.  Tighten up the shoulder bell straps.

uhlLCSz.jpg?1  vXY22qa.jpg      7sSbxMf.jpg?1 cvmZRcG.jpg?1

It looks as if your ab-plate is sitting a little askew, which may be the reason that the top of the thigh gap/cod are overlapping on the right.  What you may want to think about is simply adding some strapping inside at the chest/ab connection (I suggest Velcro for easy adjustment) to even them out on both sides.

Side note:  Fantastic alignment on the thigh/calf cover strips!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

fQSBqxY.jpg

As you know, your back plate is overlapping the kidney quite a bit.  Raising it may take a little work, but it can definitely be done!  What I am suggesting is to reduce the length of the tabs on the back plate by at least an inch and a half and raising it up closer to the tabs on the chest plate which will raise it a lot.  You can (and should) remove the large tabs on the rear of the shoulder straps.  Hopefully @Cricket can weigh in on this. 

W32bEO4.jpg       q4uSYss.jpg   SrkB3hB.jpg

I see you used Velcro to hold your canvas belt in place (smart idea!), but it actually needs to come up a bit.  Easy fix!!

0hgmaW6.jpg

As I mentioned, those are just some things to mull over for the time being... This armor has a LOT going for it, and you nailed most of the items we look for so hopefully it will something to seriously consider!

• Like 1

You've totally got this Diana. I have faith in you!

You've received excellent and priceless feedback from Mario and Jospeh - All changes I know you can make.

Everyone is this community is rooting for you and wants you to succeed. I'm looking forward to your EIB!

• Like 1

Looking good Diana, in addition to what's been mentioned above, the vertical Ab button plate shouldn't have any return edge on it and should be smaller than the raised surface on the Ab plate itself.

Here's a reference photo

Ab%20buttons.jpg

• Like 2