Hi from Bavaria

Yacorp

Hi, new member here:)

I've been dreaming of having a stormtrooper armour and joining the 501. for years now, and at age 20 I feel like my body is finally done growing, thus it makes sense to start working on that armor. I've read through a lot of the pages on this forum during the last couple of days, so that I am at least somewhat informed about what I'm going for.

That being an ANH stunt, clearly the most classical choice.

I'll defininitely be looking towards centurion in the long run, but for this year I'll be perfectly happy with achieving Level 1 in late summer/fall.

Now I've been looking at the various armours from your most helpful  "vetted makers" list.

I think for me it's going to be though decision between ATA and (if I'm really willing to afford it) TM, or maybe RWA as compromise if he can beat the price of TM.

I'd like my armour to be really smooth and glossy, without any bumps or warts. Are there any differences regarding this aspect, between those 3 makers?

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to FISD. Glad you're on the way of becoming an Imperial Stormtrooper. 

Some vendors have the two options on armor. Glossy and satin finished. I would suggest to contact each one and get a quote and all especifications.

For me, it would be important to know  how accurate is it? Is it a fan made molds  or from original molds, combination etc. 

Good luck with your project and looking forward for your BBB Day!! 

Cheers. :salute:

Welcome Jakob!  Very excited that you are already aiming for Centurion.  Keep in mind that you can be doing all the Centurion level things when you do your first build and after your basic approval apply for the Expert Infantry and then Centurion in order. 

Hello and welcome (and great call on a classic ANH Stunt, not that I'm biased at all ;) )! I found my ATA kit to be quite glossy and with very few bumps, with the exception of the helmet which, if I recall correctly, has lineage to the original screen used ones and consequently is ever so slightly lumpy. Not warty though, for sure. All in all I was thrilled with my kit. Just bear in mind it's on the smaller side.

Willkommen bei der FISD, Jakob :-)

I’d suggest checking some build threads and finished kits from each maker. If one really stands out to you above the others, that’s a good start. Also, they might occupy different price points so your budget will also play a part.

Personally, I’ve built an RWA kit (up to Centurion) and am currently building a set of TM armour. They sit at different price points but are both great for the relative price bracket.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Dan

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Welcome to FISD Jacob, what part of Bavaria are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends,

Oberbayern is where I grew up and where I'll be spending the Corona lockdown, but my university is in Bayreuth, so that's where I usally live.

10 hours ago, Yacorp said:

Depends,

Oberbayern is where I grew up and where I'll be spending the Corona lockdown, but my university is in Bayreuth, so that's where I usally live.

cool, my family is from the south, Rosenheim to be exact.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, Yacorp said:

Depends,

welcome on board jakob...and a big "servus" back to you from bavaria to bavaria ;)

Edited by TK-21101

Hi Jakub and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

Have a look at a few Centurion builds for the makers you are looking at; you'll see the differences and any bumps.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!  :dancing-trooper: