'Anon' HDPE stunt helmet build

It's been a long while since I'd worked on a stormtrooper helmet; been collecting other types of props lately. I got a hold of an unfinished HDPE piece by 'Anon' (hard to find info on him, I believe he's in Australia? https://www.facebook.com/Anonstormtrooper/), and finished the ears and painting it up about a month ago. As expected, HDPE was a pain to paint, but it worked out fine after I applied a fairly thick coat of paint. It could still crack and chip from rough use, but generally it seems durable enough so far. 

I didn't try to base it on any particular screen helmet, but took cues from a number of ANH stunt references to make something influenced from the general style of the originals. The eyes look bluish in some of the pics; just the weird light hitting it from the windows. It's actually green :D

This was a fun one to work on!

ola0Emc.jpg

GsdL3EM.jpg

ohB2Ki8.jpg

RSib521.jpg

R8ZBuy1.jpg

Hj7KWOG.jpg

Edited by TKfett
  • Like 3

Very nice, you just need to add some tube and trap stripes, unless you are going sandy ;) 

DaveMANH02.jpgDaveMANH06.jpg

Thanks! Yes, will plan on adding more dirt to it soon! 

One question though, did the Sandys all have 13 blue tube stripes? I just noticed that in the references. I have 15 on one side and 16 on the other on mine (based on the Dave M helmet). 

Edited by TKfett

If you are not going for any particular character, then I don’t think it matters. I built the “stop that ship” bucket and that one happens to have 13 stripes per side. The CRL calls for between 9 and 16 per side. 

Here’s mine. This one isn’t an Anon bucket (I have one on order though).
1dc6c99024af9a633534aa538492c0e2.jpg02f44cc17e9e5ba7587391295ae86643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lovely work. I’ve seen this on Facebook, also, and it’s brilliant. I’m all about fully painted helmets these days for people looking for an authentic appearance.

Great job, trooper.

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1

Thanks Dan! Much appreciated. I love the painted helmets as well, but I’d love to add a hero at some point! Something about the texture and appearance of the paint seems to add ‘weight’ to the helmet visually.