Admiral Snackbar's R1TK build (850 AW)

Bright suns troopers!
Just had my BBB day, and could not be more excited about this build! Love the look of the Rogue One TK's and looking forward to being able to troop as one someday (if I'm ever allowed to leave my house again) :lol:

For the bucket I purchased a Black Series helmet that  I am in the process of converting. I'll upload some photos hopefully here in the next couple days. As of right now I have filed out all the slots, but was unhappy with how they turned out. So with some help from some Bondo I've filled them back in and have an idea of a way to do those parts differently than other ways I've seen it done...hopefully it works hahaha. 

I've also begun the painting of my helmet, however it hasn't gone great...Due to what I can only assume is cold temperatures, the paint has dried with a wrinkly look to it. Can anyone help me out with why that my be happening? Would it be cold temperature, or is there something else wrong I may be doing?

Looking forward to this build, and thank you in advance to everyone willing to help me, cause I'm sure I'll be needing a lot :laugh1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Snackbar said:

Due to what I can only assume is cold temperatures, the paint has dried with a wrinkly look to it. Can anyone help me out with why that my be happening? Would it be cold temperature, or is there something else wrong I may be doing?

Hi Kalin,  congratulations for your BBB day !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

About your problem, I had the same issue when modding a Rubie's  E11 blaster for a fellow recruit and found out that painting at night or in a cloud and cold day ,  paint got  that wrinkly look.  i had to sand it again, apply primer and repaint in a sunny day.

cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...