ATA ANH Stormtrooper Stunt Helmet Build Questions

Fry Hound

Hello there! I’m sorry if I’m posting in a wrong area, as I am new to the building process and using the forums.

Soo I’ll just jump right in with my question... Just got my helmet kit in a couple days ago, and I’m super excited to work on a cosplay that has been my dream since a kid. I’ve already started by cutting out the eyes, teeth, and bottom trim of the helmet.

However, I’m having trouble lining up the front plate to the back plate. I’m not sure how much overlap there should be.

Also, when I do attempt to line them correctly, there’s a lot of gapping that won’t stay down. I don’t wanna force (no pun intended) anything, because I’m scared I’ll break the helmet.

The ears are also driving me crazy, but that’s another subject haha.

To whomever reads this, thank you for your time, and I will definitely appreciate any help given!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

-Abby (aka clueless potato)

04E24202-7ADA-490D-B23F-BEDC5E16DAD1.jpeg

246B61EA-E497-4820-9C05-48CF1AA3C692.jpeg

FA8A7F88-5388-45FC-9FEC-7458470AFA8A.jpeg

08453B07-E040-402B-B3D8-B1D4BB7BCE50.jpeg

Hello and welcome, it is best to have these types of questions by starting a build thread and posting there. 

There are quite a few build threads of ATA armor and helmets, if you go to the ANH build thread area you will find most have ATA listed in the title of the thread.

This thread may help you:

Another here:

Another here:

1 hour ago, Fry Hound said:

Thank you so much!!! I honestly thought I had ruined my helmet, but I read the links gmrhodes13 sent me, and it helped A TON!! 

This is the clue. Read threads , watch videos, measure twice or more, cut once.  

Keep on posting photos of your doubts and progress. 

Cheers :duim: