Got time on your hands?

justjoseph63

With all that's going on in the world, many of us are staying at home and wondering what to do to keep our sanity, lol.  Here are a few suggestions that will help you get ahead so that when it's time to troop after all this you will be prepared.

1.  Break out the armor bin-  Since most of us only see our armor during a troop, maintenance issues can be forgotten, "I'll fix that later....".  Well, it's later.

Taking out each piece and examining it for cracks, loose straps, scratches, etc. will put you ahead of the game.

2.  Line your armor bin-  If you have access to a fabric store or even Walmart (many are still open) consider picking up some 1 inch thick foam sheets and

spray glue to line the inside of your bin.  This will help prevent it from jangling around during transport.

3.  Clean your armor-  On many troops, we sweat.  Although the under suit absorbs most of it, the ABS can really start to reek over time, especially if not 

wiped down after an event.  To help keep your bin and from smelling like a gym locker, grab some disinfecting wipes (or even plain old soap and

water) and give the inside and outside a good cleaning.  While your'e at it, air out your boots and gloves.

4.  Organize-  Once you get everything clean and ready, organize and pack everything away in preparation for your next troop.  This way you will be 

ready to walk out the door knowing you haven't forgotten anything.

Still bored?

Spend some quality time here on the FISD-  There are a lot of future (and existing) Troopers who need help and guidance.  Remember back when you first started your white armor journey and pass your knowledge along to those who have questions. 

EI and Centurion-  If you are already approved at Basic level, consider taking some time to bring your armor to the next levels of screen accuracy.

Binge watch all the SW films-  (It's OK if you fast forward through all the scenes with Jar-Jar Binks).

Stay safe, and if anyone has any other ideas post em' up!

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

In regards to your last suggestion, since COVID hit the States in early March I've rewatched the Mandalorian series a second and third time, Gallery (Mando) for the first time, the Galaxy's Edge Special and Empire of Dreams on Disney+, the Prequel Trilogy, and now I'm continuing with the OT. I might have even squeaked in RO somewhere in there. All while working on build or FISD stuff in the early hours of the morning. I really should get back to my real life new job search...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

heeeey you take that back about Jar Jar. He got me into Star Wars (I watched the OT before I could speak English... so yeah I didn't get into the universe until the Prequel series which came out when I was a little older and could speak English).