Greetings from Southern California

Hi all!

California's mandated quarantine has freed up time for me to start inhaling whitearmor.net build threads. After attending the 2015 Celebration in Anaheim and seeing many of you in armor, I placed an order for Anovos' first TK wave. I received my BBB a long long time ago now, but I'm happy to finally start researching, gathering tools and supplies, and mapping out my plan (strongly leaning towards TD right off the bat). 

I'm 30 now, but I was raised on the OT on VHS. I really don't remember watching many other movies growing up- Star Wars was apparently all I needed. Lego Star Wars products also emerged when I was young, further fueling my fandom. I still fondly remember trying to load the trailer for The Phantom Menace back when the internet was new; I remember it taking multiple hours because so many people were watching at once. When the prequels were released, I enjoyed getting swept up in the grandeur of it all. The battles were bigger, the world-building was stellar, and music was epic. The plot we can all debate, but it seemed the editing might have held the movies back. And of course, all along I've played Star Wars console games, ranging from N64 Podracer and Roque Squadron to my favorite KOTR 1 + 2 and the multiple Battlefront games, among many others.

Long story short, I've loved Star Wars, I love Star Wars, and it will always be a part of me. While the Sequel Trilogy was fun at times, it hasn't struck the same chords. For now I'll lean on my nostalgia. There's plenty of it.

Edited by Blast 'Em!
  • Like 3

Congrats and diving into the BBB!  If you are building an Anovos kit, then this is a great place to start:

There are also a bunch of great general tutorials in this section:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

Also, be sure to check out the "getting started" section for posts about what tools and materials you may need for your build.  Also, start a build thread and post plenty of pictures.

If you are thinking of a TD, be sure to check out the MEPD forum as well.  They have info specific to sandtroopers.

Good luck!

Edited by wook1138

Hi Shane, welcome to FISD , looking forward for your building progress, be suro ti open a Building Thread here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/  get feedback and tips from our experienced troopers.

Post photos, Ask all questions, We are here to help.

Another useful resource , if you haven't read yet is the following tutorial about posting photos using Imgur.

Good luck with your project.

Welcome to FISD Shane!

You are in the right place for support with your future as a TK. Research is the key and asks plenty of questions so the team can help.

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Shane!  As has been mentioned, a build thread is a wise decision.  There are some great ones here to follow, but having your own allows you to ask as many questions as you like as well as post up photos of your progress and any issues you may come across.  We LOVE photos, a picture really is worth a thousand words, especially when you have a problem.

There is a LOT of information here, but don't let it confuse you.  We are here to help every step of the way, so always feel free to ask if there is anything you need help finding!

Welcome Shane!  I second using Ukswrath's Anovos build thread if you are building an Anovos kit.  It helped me with mine and was immeasurably useful. But, be sure to check out other peoples build threads too.  You'll learn many other things good and bad, mistakes to avoid and so much more!

It's great to have you here!