RS ABS armour

Was thinking of taking advantage of the RS armour discounts.

At present they only have the ABS in stock for the sale- would have preferred the PVC but this doesn’t appear to be included in the offer (or is currently sold out).

Question is, does the RS ABS armour yellow over time, or has anyone had experience of this happening to theirs?

Plan is to display it and not troop, so wouldn’t be outdoors.

Great armor, can't go wrong. 

Q. Most armor yellows over time unless coated with a UV polish or similar and even then you may get some yellowing. That said if it's away from direct sunlight you should be ok for a long time.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Great armor, can't go wrong. 

Q. Most armor yellows over time unless coated with a UV polish or similar and even then you may get some yellowing. That said if it's away from direct sunlight you should be ok for a long time.   

Thanks for that, yeah I’m currently repainting my GF lid which unfortunately yellowed, even though it had been out of direct  sunlight. I had an AT-AT lid which also yellowed at an alarming rate, so I think it’s down to certain batches that sellers use. RS state that the PVC is UV stable, but unfortunately they don’t seen to be offering this in their sale, only the ABS.

I know the ABS is the screen accurate off white, just don’t want to find it going ‘off’ in the next couple of years.

I know a lot of members here will have the RS ABS version, am hoping they can chime in so I can push the button!

Although I am not familiar with yellowing on RS armor, many troopers who have had that problem have used Trooperbay's ArmorWhite gel with success.  My AM armor is ABS, and despite dozens of troops in the Florida sun it has never had any discoloration issues.

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Although I am not familiar with yellowing on RS armor, many troopers who have had that problem have used Trooperbay's ArmorWhite gel with success.  My AM armor is ABS, and despite dozens of troops in the Florida sun it has never had any discoloration issues.

That’s good to know.

Maybe the current situation has made me a little paranoid! Yellowing ABS is hardly important in the grand scheme of things, but trying to carry on and keep some sort of normality seems the right course of action atm!