Anovos Thigh Ammo Pack

I am about to instal the thigh ammo pack for my Anovos kit but noticed the ammo pack is quite short in length. If I try to align it so there is an even amount of space one each from the rear corners the placement ends up quiet a distance from those rear corners. Basically setting the right side at 1/4 inch from the rear corner, the inner thigh side of the ammo pack is roughly 1 inch from the rear corner. 
My RS kits did not have this problem. Is this common with the Anovos kits? It’s a first wave kit. 
Wondering if I should just get the position correct for the outer right side and just deals with the inner thigh side being far off from the rear corner.  

• Like 1

Left corner/inner thigh

4MOqvqz.jpg

Right side/outer thigh

WYeIj41.jpg

With the magnets I am able to stretch the edges further so it’s not as bad as it looked when I first mocked it up. Left side still about 3/4 inch but much better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog44 said:

Is this common with the Anovos kits?

Hi, I had the same issue recently building an Anovos armor for a fellow trooper. If you take a look to the  Anovos EIB approvals all of them have short thigh ammo pack .

cheers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Just split the difference, brother.... make it the same on both sides and you are golden.  

Cheers. I always assumed the right side corner of the ammo pack had to be positioned close the rear edge. Even spacing is okay even if the gap to rear edge is more than a 1/4? Just want to be sure.
My RS ammo pack was long enough to so it was easy to install, no fuss. 

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, I had the same issue recently building an Anovos armor for a fellow trooper. If you take a look to the  Anovos EIB approvals all of them have short thigh ammo pack .

cheers

Thanks. Had a look at several EIB approvals. Each builder positioned their ammo packs slightly different. 

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bulldog44 said:

Cheers. I always assumed the right side corner of the ammo pack had to be positioned close the rear edge. Even spacing is okay even if the gap to rear edge is more than a 1/4? Just want to be sure.

Although it's not specifically listed in the CRL, for Level 3 we normally require the edges to be equal distance on both sides, even if it is a bit short.

e5pzN5R.jpg    ANkzG5s.jpg   esnQgfE.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Joseph. Most likely I will be making this kit into a Sandtrooper but there is a part of me that wants to make this into a ANH Hero so building to centurion would be the aim. Cheers! 

10 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

Thanks Joseph. Most likely I will be making this kit into a Sandtrooper but there is a part of me that wants to make this into a ANH Hero so building to centurion would be the aim. Cheers! 

Heavy Weapons Trooper is also an option... (hint hint, wink wink).  :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Heavy Weapons Trooper is also an option... (hint hint, wink wink).  :D

Lol. HWT is something I might consider for sure! 

• Like 1