Gretchen's ANOVOS ANH TK Build progress

Hello all,

I am new to the stormtrooper costuming world, recently discovered the 501st Legion and then Outpost 42 where I live. Thanks to the wonderful help there I have now purchased and acquired a ANOVOS stormtrooper kit ANH, the previous owner has already cut out the pieces, I didn't realise how much of a head start that meant till I was looking at some threads head, but looks like they have saved me some time.

With COVID19  causing a 4 week lock down here I am hopefully I have a good stint ahead of me to have a good try at getting the TK kit put together or at least well on the way?! 

Anyway I am about to begin....as part of the process and recommendations I've read/been given I am beginning this thread/post to record my progress and get help as needed.

I have found a basic instruction manual online (https://www.anovos.com/pages/star-wars-product-instructions - Imperial Stormtrooper Kit - DPF instruction download) and printed, plus I have read a number of the ANH Build threads here although the number of threads are quite overwhelming.  

I am going to get back in touch with GML, Outpost42 re hopefully narrow down a good instruction thread to follow?! Any recommendations welcome.

ALso I printed the FISD Acroymns and TK glossary as its all a bit foreign too!

And while the saying isn't strictly what a stormtrooper would say - May the force be with you! especially in this time of unprecedented circumstances. 

stormtrooper kit.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Gretchen welcome to FISD. I would like to recommend you to take a look to the following Anovos armor building Tutorial , I'm pretty sure you're going to find it very helpful.  Good look with your build and looking forward for photos of your progress 

Cheers

• Like 1

Guest madnesstcc990

Hi Gretchen, you are in the RIGHT PLACE....
Drop us a line with ANYTHING you have questions on & we LOVE PIX !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, Gretchen!  You are in the right place for sure, and GREAT to see that you started your own build thread!  My advice would be to take your time, and as others have mentioned ask lots of questions.  If you run into an issue, be sure to post up photos before moving ahead.  You have a LOT of folks here ready and willing to help you through any problems you have (and offer encouragement) so don't be shy.

I have a few tutorials below that will help, especially this one, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

• 1 year later...

Hi all, goodness its been over a year since I started building my kit. Ukswrath ANNVOS stunt build thread has been amazingly helpful. I did connect with my local GML and had a number of text messenger chats, pic exchanges and even a ZOOM meeting to get it assembled to a wearable state (could be Legion ready!??). I have had some trouble with my belt, couldn't do as neat a job as Ukswrath - wondering if this would get approval. See attached pic.

Also my shoulder straps sometimes sit raised off the armour at back (see pic), what do people do to keep these down? is it ok to attach some velcro stickers to hold them down. Someone mentioned white elastic around them on outside (apparently done in movies in some cases?) but I didn't want any solution to be visible.

Also I had to add an extra interior velcro piece to one of my calf pieces to prevent it from popping open when I wear it. It works really well and you can't see it when it is on so assume it is not an issue? (Pics)

I am hoping to submit completed suit pics for Legion approval. Its there a list of what pictures are needed - e.g. front /sides, close ups of pieces etc? 

Any advice on any of the above warmly received. 

Many thanks Gretchen

Trooper belt stitching edit.jpg

shoulder strap raised 1.jpg

calf add on.jpg

Personally as a GML I would not be able to approve the belt, I would take a look at some of the how to belts threads and perhaps have a go at making a new one.

As long as your velcro is not seen from the outside you will be fine. You may find you may be better swapping to elastic and clips as the originals had.

HbYtgFel.jpg A6gr4vO.jpg?1gallery_12157_59_59770.jpg

Generally basic photos requested are: 

Front

Back

Side 

Side

Action

Helmet off

But some GML's may ask for more detail images if there is something they would like to check.

Using a neutral background wall, sheet or tarpaulin (not black or white, or brick or garden) helps your GWL when it's time to edit then upload your approved images for the roster ;) 

You could also take advantage of our Pre Approval Area, a good way to get some feedback before applying through your GML.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Personally as a GML I would not be able to approve the belt, I would take a look at some of the how to belts threads and perhaps have a go at making a new one.

I have agree with Glen here

• Like 1

hace 18 horas, Stormtrooper therapist dijo:

Also my shoulder straps sometimes sit raised off the armour at back (see pic), what do people do to keep these down? is it ok to attach some velcro stickers to hold them down. Someone mentioned white elastic around them on outside (apparently done in movies in some cases?) but I didn't want any solution to be visible.

Hi Gretchen!!!

Normally a white elastic helps a lot to keep the shoulder straps down(100% accurate).;)

q1ZBoBx.jpg

• Like 1