Helmet: AM

Belt: Trooper Bay

Neck Seal: Darmans Props

Boots; Jivana

Blaster: JSCosplayArmory

Hgt: 5' 11"

Wgt: 247

TK Type: ANH Stunt

Names: Dave Conklin, Gary Collins, FL GML (Tim Boyle)

TOWVdO6.jpg

6i5M6uj.jpg

wFQCsz3.jpg

ISZP38Z.jpg

iAhX9oK.jpg

UvqWeSg.jpg

d7Ma35R.jpg

Nice work, something that immediately stands out is your large ab plate, needs rotating. 

TOWVdO6.jpgJViLwBX.jpg?1

Drop boxes should align with the ends of the plastic belt section.

You have different gaps between your chest and shoulder bells.

Thigh heights need to be even

Also looks like your shoulder straps are in different positions, could try to even those.

Good luck with approval

Hi Steve!  If I could make a few suggestions, they would be:

1.  It looks as if your biceps are a lot wider than they need to be which is causing the shoulder bells to flare out, creating the large gaps between the sides of the bells and the chest/back plates.  The wrist openings look pretty wide as well.  Not sure if your GML will ding you on this, but it would make your armor fit and look a lot better if you could reduce the circumference on those and still have them fit comfortably.

OeQ4Imc.jpg      p3w0joE.jpg?1   5GKZpcy.jpg?1

RLWlIim.jpg      rUkuh4X.jpg?1     f2NSyyK.jpg?1

2 issues here that may affect basic approval:

1.  I see that you made a shim for the kidney, but unfortunately the 3 rivets in the front need to be attached at the rear of the chest plate, with the rear ones attached to the front of the kidney.

2.  The kidney overlaps the rear of the chest plate significantly. They should meet up in the center.

5oD001I.jpg    wjcSmxq.jpg?2 

yH381Lb.jpg          K0dBed7.jpg?1 

Justjoseph63,

OK thanks for the input. Biceps shouldn't be an issue-I can trim those down. Arms maybe a little.

I was following a tutorial on the kidney shim and I thought the rivets went on each side of the shim. So you're saying to put 3 rivets on the chest piece and the other 3 on the shim part that buts up to the chest? 

Thanks again.

26 minutes ago, snaketcher said:

So you're saying to put 3 rivets on the chest piece and the other 3 on the shim part that buts up to the chest? 

Correct

5oD001I.jpg

12 hours ago, snaketcher said:

So can I leave the seam on the kidney plate that I have now (where the rivers are currently) or do i need to fill it with paste?

Yes, leave the shim.  Working with ABS paste is really not that big of a deal, but just be sure not to overfill any areas.  The less you put on, the less you have to sand off!

Kalani has an awesome tutorial here that will help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/

Ok so just so I’m clear and I don’t mess this up: I’m going to fill the back seam of the shim where it connects to the kidney plate with paste and fill in the 3 rivet holes next to the seam. Then make the 3 rivets on my chest plate and the shim that connects to the chest plate. OR do I make another shim and connect to the chest plate and have the 2 shims meet in the middle? Sorry for the questions, hope I’m explaining it right.

Adjustments completed. Thanks  so much for the input. The trimming has been done and the armor fits better. Shoulders, etc. aligned much closer.  Large ab plate flipped (can't believe I did that in the first place).  Well now what do y'all think? Good enough for basic? 

fXSAae9.jpg

BOjhpHW.jpg

0BKTiFB.jpg

BEwWMj9.jpg

sgDGF6T.jpg

oEPC8rg.jpg

xeMXKh5.jpg

LNCN1mP.jpg

53 minutes ago, snaketcher said:

Adjustments completed. Thanks  so much for the input. The trimming has been done and the armor fits better. Shoulders, etc. aligned much closer.  Large ab plate flipped (can't believe I did that in the first place).  Well now what do y'all think? Good enough for basic? 

--Swsssssh--

Maybe some ROTJ memories crosscontaminated your build. (ROTJ has the plate rotated)

Nice work on the fixes, you may also just want to remove the excess clip showing under the belt. Also the cover strips on the rear of the shins should stop before the top ridge

0BKTiFB.jpgeXtIssr.jpg?2    A6gr4vO.jpg?1 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snaketcher said:

Thank you all very much. Cover strips cut down and TD clips shortened. Going to submit today for basic approval with my garrison. Wish me luck.

Good luck trooper

Thanks for all of the well wishes and support. I’ve submitted my request  to my local GML for basic. While I’m waiting to hear back I have a question  related to comfort and mobility. I’ve seen and read comments about cutting away part of the back of the thighs and or shins to cedar a better fit and ease of walking. What is the correct way to cut away the back of the shins and thighs  So I can walk better? I know to keep the cut at or just above the ridge line  but how do you measure so it even in both sides and not lopsided?  TIA.

Hey trooper,

Great work. I’m sure you’re not far from basic approval. :-)

Just to add a little something to what others have said. Personally, I’d consider refining the shape of the butt plate. As below, the originals had a distinctive shape;

29c1c43f3d6f569c6f10519b9a7db80a.jpg

You have a quite a lot of excess return edge on the side of your back plate. You could consider removing some return edge and adjusting the strapping on the the back plate - this could help get the back plate sitting nicely on the top of the kidney plate.

Approximate suggestions below;

3e6fcecf8855d65d98394992a967a1bf.png

Closer photos would help be sure, but, It looks like your thigh ammo pack might be protruding beyond the ridge on the thigh and the fixing (rivet) is currently perhaps an inch from the edge. You could consider trimming this down to nearer the ridge line. This would also put the fixing nearer to the ideal position.

635b854af235d9aa882b007f5c12b396.jpg

Note that the top corner on the thigh ammo pack is not rounded - only the bottom corner.

I’m sure you’re not far from basic. Great job on your build. :-)

Thanks CableGuy.  I have a big butt so I think I’ll keep the butt plate as is. It keeps it all in and  I Don’t want to scare anyone :)  the thigh ammo belt will be trimmed today. I left it up to now as one of the reference photos I saw showed it sticking out past the rear edge so I thought I was good. I like to suggestion about the back plate. Will trim the sides of that down as well. 

• Like 1