LEGOeatPokemon requesting pre-approval (SDS)

Name: Jonas Andersson

Future garrison: Nordic Garrison

Armor maker: SDS (Modded)

Helmet maker: SDS (Modded)

Cloth belt maker: Imperial Issue

Neck seal maker: SDS?

Boot maker: SDS?

Blaster maker: SDS

TK type: ANH Hero

Troopers helping me with this build: @Helotech @justjoseph63 @gmrhodes13 @TheSwede @TKSpartan @CableGuy

I realized after taking these pictures that I needed to reglue some things. I will however start with these until tomorrow, when the glue has dried.

SaBIbdO.jpg

MGMZHws.jpg

mdUOV3N.jpg

CqHr20W.jpg

Zne8r6q.jpg

nEnrtzC.jpg

Gqx2Bjv.jpg

WNjrts0.jpg

3vPbgjf.jpg

GplBQiS.jpg

Soft handguards:

gkXaehT.jpg

TD:

quJjIrY.jpg

Strapping:

FtjjjJR.jpg

As said, I will take some more pictures tomorrow, when the glue has dried.

• Like 1

Nice work, just on your TD I would try to get the ends to curve flat, (if you really wanted too make another set the screw holes go further to the ends) ;) 

quJjIrY.jpggallery 12157 59 19594

Will any new photos just try to be aware of gaps between the armor sections, try to get them to match on both sides, also watch the closure on the rear shins, one appears slightly open.

Great job on all the fixes, SDS does need quite a bit of work to get it screen accurate and you have done well.

Good luck with approval

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, just on your TD I would try to get the ends to curve flat, (if you really wanted too make another set the screw holes go further to the ends) ;) 

quJjIrY.jpggallery 12157 59 19594

I can unfortunatly not do that, the clips and screws are actualy glued on as my first holes were way too big and don't have any more material to fix it. I fear the glue would go up as I would try to curve it a bit more. Thanks though. :)

Great Jonas! Overall looks good, as Glen pointed some few details and you're sharp for approval. 

And yes, it happens sometimes that E6000 needs more than 24 hours to dry better.

In shoulder bell black elastic I have used Zap a gap or super Glue and works better to me.

SaBIbdO.jpg

good luck mate! :peace:

I've been waiting for this day!  All the hard work has really paid off, sir, and you did a fantastic job on this armor.  If I could add my 2 credit's worth it would be:

1.  It may be the photo, but are your shoulder straps sitting evenly on the top of the chest plate?  If not, your GML may mention this.

2.  Your left one is perfect, but the right rear calf closure is a bit askew.  Should be just a simple dressing issue.

3.  At some point you may want to bring the paint at the ends of the frown up and out a bit.  Not a biggie, but something to consider.

1.                                                                   2.                                                                   3.

U8xa4Do.jpg?1     TzTRDEZ.jpg    jJh1C56.jpg

Reference images

oDv4Z9t.jpg?1

Best of luck on your submission, and I'm looking forward to seeing that official TK# under your name soon!!  :salute:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

It may be the photo, but are your shoulder straps sitting evenly on the top of the chest plate?

I think I fixed it, it is atleast better now:

pvI8xLt.jpg

Should be just a simple dressing issue.

Yep, I didn't close it enough

At some point you may want to bring the paint at the ends of the frown up and out a bit

I took this chance to fix something else too, the SDS grey are not the same as the other greys. It was darker so I repainted it all, hopefully this is better. :)

22RwKcQ.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jonas, you looks much better, the only things I can see :

1- It looks like your right shoulder bell has more gap than the left one. This could be just a dressing issue or need to  
shorten the the strap connection.

DyK1n8s.jpg

2- Your left thigh looks a little high compared to the right one. this could another strap adjustment.

FTvgx8c.jpg

Cheers

5 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Jonas, you looks much better, the only things I can see :

1- It looks like your right shoulder bell has more gap than the left one. This could be just a dressing issue or need to  
shorten the the strap connection.

DyK1n8s.jpg

2- Your left thigh looks a little high compared to the right one. this could another strap adjustment.

FTvgx8c.jpg

Cheers

I think it's dressing issues, both of them, it can be hard to see how everything looks when you've got the stuff on and family have a hard time seeing that too. :)

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

I think it's dressing issues, both of them, it can be hard to see how everything looks when you've got the stuff on and family have a hard time seeing that too.

Cool Jonas, Great work. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Jonas - I would like to welcome you to the 501st Legion and the Nordic Garrison:salute: Great job on that SDS suit and I hope to Troop with you one of these days:duim:

WOOHOOO!! :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! Congrats!!!!

I have been offline due to work, and finally had time to check on your progress. You did an outstanding job.

Welcome to the TK ranks.

Hopefully when the world calms down your first troop will be amazing.

• Like 1