LEGOeatPokemon's SDS E-11

LEGOeatPokemon

So with my armour now coming to a close, I remembered the E-11 I got with the pack from SDS.

This is far less important than the armour but I still would like it to be acceptable. And since I have spent most of my money on the armour by now, I can't afford to do much with it.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the blaster:

elP110a.jpg

XX6YNNM.jpg

ryKLuzh.jpg

Both the hengstler counter and scope have stickers

JsbR9nA.jpg

xmP2YTs.jpg

MiWU8PZ.jpg

Literary everything on this is plastic, so nothing fancy here.

I've got a D-ring from trooperbay and that is what I pretty much know of adding to it for now

zR2uVCq.jpg

However, I don't really know how I should put it on, that is somewhere is I need help with

lXUMRYX.jpg

(Sorry for any blurry pictures, my hands are a little shaky)

Hey trooper,

I believe the SDS is likely to pass with many GMLs for basic. Good start.

As you’re aiming higher with your armour, here’s some bits that you could tweak if you wanted to.

The SDS blaster is missing the cocking handle. You could source one of these and add it, if you wanted to.

561db47c11e4520d3c83b36275320ced.jpg

e63034f3158c1aa36137630e41585bea.jpg

The power cylinders on the SDS appear closer to Rogue One style than ANH. Replacing these could be an option down the line.

193f63565ddbcc6f87521c55e2e47af8.jpg

The Hengstler counter is quite far back. You could try moving this forward a bit.

97f8fdce8f9a3e4d7b72a4c3c990912d.jpg

The wires were not commonly seen in ANH so these are up to you if you keep them. :-)

For fitting the D-ring, do you have some detailed pics of the end cap? I’d imagine your have to drill a hole through the end cap, then separate the d-ring where it meets in the middle and carefully insert it.

• Like 2

Here you go
onGSZ0f.jpg&key=477a9c3d0cca8c75294ef5b4dce21d2322626b88067969445ac0e15d8f471434
PUHToS4.jpg&key=7082d63e0718ad9b12d24eca166c9413d58e0173bd4bf1b49587fa658b511ba3

Cool. I’d check out a few SDS blaster builds here on FISD and see if others have documented this modification. They may have found a simple option for making this change.

Personally, I’d be tempted to drill approximately as shown below.

a22be4ced3ce10611048a859e067a9a9.jpg

The d ring might be a little tweaking and encouragement to get in there. ;-)
  • Like 2

Additionally to the things that Dan already pointed out, there is one mistake on this blaster: the magazine is inserted the wrong way.

21 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

xmP2YTs.jpg

Here is how it should be installed:

24846864060_633f63c5f4_b.jpg

• Like 2

In the words of Yoda, “there is another”.... lol

Personally, I wouldn’t bother to change this, but, the SDS scope rail and top/middle t-track lengths are different to the originals.

As below, the T-track is a little long and the scope rail a little short.

5f8d42a91d7d9142535ac39dea0977ca.png

I guess for this build it's just putting on the d-ring, I will probably get a better one some other time. This blaster is just for basic clearance.

Yes, basic should be easily achievable, I’m sure. The other points are just things to do if you fancy a challenge/project later down the line. :-)
  • Like 2

Tried to put on the D-ring today, drilled with a dremel, bent the ring open and when trying to force it into the holes, broke the holes.

Fortunatly found all the pieces and glued them back on with E6000. Will probably paint tomorrow.

QZmqFLL.jpg

• Like 3