Hesikaya's E-11 Build

Hesikaya

• 2 weeks later...

A little update.  The handle is coming along.  I have changed the wiring to support some connectors so I don't need to try to solder the rotating switch or trigger.  When the handle gets fixed to the tube it will be a simple click click and screw on.  The handle is getting painted now and it looks like I forgot to take a picture after I used the Green Stuff to fill in the holes.

aXVYc6im.jpg EFbAAm0m.jpg

Next I have been working on the bolt.  I have a 1/2" piece of PVC with a marker in the end.  For the outside I have filled down a piece of ABS and notched out a step for the charging handle.  I need to look and see if there are any reference pictures to how for the handle stands out.

kdEnMx7m.jpg 1ViZg5tmm.jpg

XOm47oyl.jpg

90QC7aul.jpg

I worked on the spring last night.  I ended up using some markers to get the right diameter and got 11 curls in the visible area.  The cocking handle is getting another coat of paint then it will be attached. 

12P3YpIm.jpgFE4eDfom.jpg

Things on my list I have left to do are dwindling.  I need to paint the silver accents on my handle and shorten 1 more wire in the BlastFX kit to save some space.  Re-wrap the circuit board back up in shrink tubing, and also cut a notch in my clear light tube.  After that I think I will be able to get wires run and into final assembly.  Then most importantly apply for EIB before the 1000 mark!

• Like 1

quick update. Here's my extractor.  Two pieces of aluminium bar and rod bent and cut to fit around a nail that was used to support the flash guard.

MPDDqTEm.jpgMYXngpul.jpg

Edited by Hesikaya

Adding the BlastFX.  Let me just say that Paul Withrow's BlastFX is an amazing product.  I don't have any good pictures but I installed the barrel LED at the far end of my clear tube.  Installed the LED strip inside of that tube and shortened the wires to both as there isn't a whole lot of spare room in the E-11 itself.  I also switched out the power wire to a 4 wire 24GA telephone cord and incorporated the Shape Ways end cap switch and a USB charger for my battery.  The battery will be located inside the magazine so that I can replace it if it dies. The wires for the two screens, Hengstler switch and speaker I switched to an old computer ribbon cable so that there would essentially be a single wire ribbon running to the scope and Hengstler.

The biggest hurdle by far is trying to manipulate all of this into the barrel and I regret not having the presence of mind to photograph the subway train.  Ultimately I ran the ribbon up and over the clear tube which was followed closely by the BlastFX and the wiring for the power switch with my bolt and spring.

Once I got it all in there and was happy I began wiring the smaller screen into my Bulldog Props M38 sight.  This thing is legit and comes with all the screws and doo dads. It is very detailed and there are various kit options so you can order the one that's right for your personal tastes.  I opted for a electronics ready kit knowing I was placing the electronics into it.  A screen holder was shaved down a bit to get the perfect magnification.  I found that if the magnifier was too far from the screen it would get pretty big.

Hl4gwJMm.jpgQh7ViGPm.jpgagMUlrFm.jpgR8rSQ5Zm.jpg

Here you can see how I split off the section for the scope and fed it through the front foot.

FpDj0Chl.jpg

The power switch and charging port are concealed inside the end of the pipe.  It may have been simpler to turn on and off if the switch was in a more accessible location but I like having it out of view.  The two small holes were an attempt to be clever on my part and make passages for the wires to run through the resin and come out where I cut a hole for my trigger and selector wires.  I borrowed some really long drill bits and all was working to plan until those bits grabbed that plastic insert and went that way. 

pVHwbWDm.jpg

As mentioned above I used 4 wire telephone cord to run the charging line to the battery and power to the blast FX.  There is a noth under my PVC/Marker bolt and the charging board is shrink wrapped.  The wire comes out and goes under the spring a couple turns in and under the rest of the spring until clear of the bolt.  The only visible portion is right there under the rear sight.

GNlwl63l.jpg

I was even able to throw on my (non)fold-able stock tonight.

tRkFQ5Xm.jpg

A couple more paint touch ups and I think I'll be ready for the next project!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words Tino and Brian.  You guys along with numerous others whose builds I've reviewed have been an enormous wealth of information and help. 

Pro tip for today. Drill your holes for the handle into your tube BEFORE you jam all the electronics in there! 

All along the way you need to be prepared to go a step or two back especially when mixing mods.  Today was the day I planned to affix the handle and I rolled the dice.  First I realized that I hadn't quite left enough space for the wires and connectors despite shortening the wires previously. I had to make some cuts to the under side of the tube already but today I had to cut a void into the top of the handle.  That was a bit nerve wracking due to the wires that run inside from the top of the handle down to the switches. They are no longer anything I can easily remove and set aside. I already E600'd and painted the handle so I gambled and did alright. 

cCZGrH5m.jpgULr3P5Im.jpg

The only bad thing was that my dremel wheel got going a bit too fast and I altered the paint job between the R and S.  We'll just call it weathering!  

r5Gi1Yxm.jpg 

I have only two screws holding the handle on.  I might add some E6000 if I start to doubt the two screws but for now it is ON! :dancing-trooper:

Then for a functional check. I tried to insert a Gif but it didn't work so here's a still  Pew PEW!  New speaker comes Saturday giving me a day to finish prepping the Hengstler and tidying up some smaller details.

K04GooPl.jpg

• Like 1

My trigger guard got the ol toothpaste and paint treatment as did my power cylinders.

YcfUbPwm.jpgu5ByE6Om.jpg?1SuB8Zlim.jpgPlyOjYym.jpg

Hengstler I ordered from Shape Ways has this handy narrow hole in it.  I sent the ribbon cable for the counter, button, and speaker through there after filing it out just a little.  My speaker is just ever so slightly too large for the space so once I have a new speaker I will be done!

95aXKxIm.jpgkjvFsVFl.jpg?1

Edited by Hesikaya
  • Like 1

I think I'm done!  Well maybe a clear coat since I have already noticed some premature and not intentional wear from my constant fondling on my newly completed happy thing. :laugh1:

Commence photo dump:

XB0ORznl.jpg?1ULFM6dcm.jpg?1jiskC5Um.jpgus6Zsa7m.jpgoBbW1UBm.jpg?1

yeJOL6Nl.jpg?1UmjoF8ll.jpg?1W5pmUsVl.jpg?1

The wires are snugly concealed under the scope rail.

0ykTb3Gm.jpg6lbvfLpm.jpg?1RuAMqi2l.jpg

Blast "em!

iGdlua0l.jpg?1 qodqbO9l.jpg4hDCLcAl.jpg?1

Edited by Hesikaya
  • Like 5

Great work, Scott. With this blaster you will be a star on every trooping event. Have a lot of fun with that masterpiece and take good care. :)

• 9 months later...

After discovering new greeblies we didn't know existed for 43 years I added them to my blaster.  Such a neat and cool add on from justjoseph63 that will likely be overlooked by most but still worth it.

CEQnucal.jpgpoi5d0Fl.jpgj5sYxL9l.jpgrWuwVnpl.jpg

Edited by Hesikaya
  • Like 3