Painting hovi mic rim?

Hi everyone! So I noticed for Expert Infantry rank, one of the requirements is that "Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white."

It looks like I have to still paint the rim white of my hovi mic tips? Any suggestions on what to use? Just a small thing of paint, or maybe whiteout? Or something else? Thank you!

RfyJZYp.jpg

Edited by iEmpire916

The simple method is to either use Testers white paint and a paint brush or I like to use a white paint stick, pen or marker. You can buy them both just about anywhere. They're quick, inexpensive and very simple to use.  

• Like 1

For the most accurate appearance, the insides should also be white. To get the most realistic look, I’d suggest painting the insides white, too, not just the rims.

c1463c39ae619590827192f96945e6ac.jpg

If you want to be EVEN more accurate, paint them completely white. Then, paint only the outsides and rim black (leave insides white).
Then, gently weather the black away on the rim to reveal small amounts of white. (Light sanding).

:-)

• Like 4