call for 3D printer owners and engineers

JZYL

Help Medical Professionals in the fight against Covid-19!

When a hospital in Brescia, Italy ran out of life-saving respirator valves, local 3D printing stepped in to help! [BBC] [3D Printing Media Network]

According to Twitter, the hospital's ICU supplier was not happy and refused to supply the blueprints. [source]

As a preventative measure of the same situation happening in your local area, there is now crowdsource project where people can volunteer about their 3D printers and to assist in designing other necessary medical supplies if needed. 

I know a lot of people here have 3D printers or are design expertise. Please consider joining Project Open Air, where you commit to volunteering the usage of your 3D Printer in case the respirator shortfall hits your local hospital. 

Google Document where people list what they have

However, do wait until you are called upon, since some printers and materials are not suitable for medical useage. However, every little bit helps (testing models, etc).

Mods LMK if this is not appropriate.. I originally wanted to post in the 3D printer area but I don't know it well enough.

• Like 7

Added my name to the list. With all the nerds in our natural habitat (indoors), this should be green lit by the legion (fingers crossed)

• Like 3