TK-61601 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (954)

Thomas Hagin

TK-61601

Florida Garrison 

Everglades Squad 

Required 

• Armor = Armor Master
  • Helmet= Armor Master
  • Blaster= Praetorian Blasters 

Optional

• Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = TKittell 
  • Hand Plates = Joesph
  • Neck Seal = Darman
  • Holster = Darman

Note: I am aware of the fitting issues at the moment. Mainly the overlap of the back plate and how the posterior plate pops out. I'm also going make mobility cuts. am currently working on fixing them. From what I've read this should affect my EIB application since its classified as fitting. This is my first hard armor costume, so I except I'll have to fix a few things. Thanks in advance! 

Front 

HjL4FJ7.jpg

Back

p4Aj4FJ.jpg

Left Side

SjEjmtr.jpg

PcnMd12.jpg

Right Side

BolCJEK.jpg

YGO5feL.jpg

Action Shot

Sy0NgDH.jpg

VAVuF2A.jpg

Belt Front 

Wufu66M.jpg

Belt Back

tiLksPT.jpg

Belt Note: My belt has two snaps on each side, I had to add two new snaps to make sure the belt sits right on my armor. The originals didn't. The new snaps have black dots next to them.

Thermal Detonator Screws

9feBHtx.jpg

Det Note: The clips were too long, so I had to trim them. Also these screws are from Joseph's screw kit.

Cod and Posterior Plate Attachment

mxQDaPt.jpg

Note: The posterior plate has a crack in it, it is not visible when armor is worn.

Abdomen Details 

0lMySbE.jpg

Ammo Pack Rivet

3BA77Rs.jpgMXFafwS.jpg

Ammo Pack Rivet (Inside)

y0t2vJ6.jpg

Knee

LRizu2F.jpg

aXIRGeW.jpg

Boots

7zhCnfX.jpg

cJGCYkX.jpg

CJUXO6I.jpg

bcXDN7H.jpg

Interior Strapping

KT6L8j5.jpg

Neck Seal Front

bidi47q.jpg

Neck Seal Back

uA7yYtz.jpg

Blaster Right

fSHdlBP.jpg

Blaster Left

erFSvkN.jpg

Blaster D Ring

cU7ZhGr.jpg

Helmet Front

5K0hyZZ.jpg

Helmet Left

QiPTFAY.jpg

Helmet Right

mo9cPGq.jpg

Helmet Back

tojb0px.jpg

Lens

OFASqqx.jpg

Hovi Tips

SFxdxVI.jpg

Ear Screws

AqcTqoV.jpg

8DvuLBT.jpg

Edited by TheEagle
  • Like 1

Hi  Thomas, Great to see your EIB application so soon. !! :jc_doublethumbup:

According to the CRL, you may want to add the following photos that i'm sure the D.O. Team will surely ask you for:

1- Close photo :Right and Left ,outside and inside of your Thigh ammo pack to see the rivets type.

Level two certification (if applicable):
Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed.
Rivet should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter (exterior).

2- Close Photo of your Sniper Knee Right and Lef side to see alignment

Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

3- Close Photo of your boots:

There is no seam present on the front of the boot.
Boots have a black sole

The D.O team will let you know of any additional photos to submit.

Good luck with your approval mate!!  :salute:

• Like 1

Nice work, just a couple of things you could address while waiting for the DO's

Remove excess paint from gum area Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

NqYbLSE.jpg

TD screws are very large 

9feBHtx.jpgQKiTB7a.jpg?1

You may want to try to add some tabs behind the butt plate to help hold it inwards, it is pushing out at present.

YGO5feL.jpg

Ab button paint is a little small, you may also note the corners are not rounded off on the ab plates, also they could be trimmed a little more.

gSyroTg.jpgLSuei4K.jpg?1 

Good luck with your application 

• Like 2

Can you have pix front view instead of ANGLED from the top and keep them consistent, also Please include all pix needed for EIB, please as stated earlier, makes it easier for the DO Team to evaluate your armor, Ty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would recommend aligning drop boxes just a little more towards the furthest wedge.
I believe your ears on your bucket are sitting a little to high and need to be a little more & to an angle...
Are your back traps painted or stickers ?
Your abd buttons need to be repainted ....
The same abd plates are a little too big...
Please take this as a sincere critique, you will get your EIB, ty for sharing your pix, your armor looks good so far.

• Like 1

I would recommend aligning drop boxes just a little more towards the furthest wedge.
I believe your ears on your bucket are sitting a little to high and need to be a little more & to an angle...
Are your back traps painted or stickers ?
Your abd buttons need to be repainted ....
The same abd plates are a little too big...
Please take this as a sincere critique, you will get your EIB, ty for sharing your pix, your armor looks good so far.

Here I include some pictures to help you .a3b4a5382bee09e207def09b149f99e5.jpg
Drop boxes are aligned.
901128cf4d206f7b5920592fe9a589aa.jpg
27bb93be56e9c84b41df3d13b8e2a019.jpg
Bucket ear position & angle
eccf2227bb1ddcf733fe6973aa307fbe.jpg
Abd plates painted and sized
c8c4da280755edf2a1c1477f498f5287.jpg
Abd and kidney are not overlapping with slight opening

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

But, the second photos show a completely different one.  It looks as if you have the raised area below it covered entirely with an untrimmed cap

I belive it`s not the applicants but that of a fellow Trooper posting photos in this thread.

• Like 1

My pix are from my EIB photos to show how round (more or less buttons) they need to be.

Great advise, Jose.

Just to be safe, images from the reference image gallery are probably the best examples to post.

An buttons:

520c53b536de9c568c91a466a7144325.jpg&key=5b07e15e74e4138ab97eb15a1473be968715989269fb9c6143bbe7e93b01dcaf

Common Ear alignment;

aab370217deb4af82da6bab2d9f358f8.jpg&key=a51cf545818b8ba32cdcc5ab78477e178ffeae247cabdf4458fdc645653d7fa3

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently modifying my armor to correct the issues stated! I'll have new photos up soon!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently modifying my armor to correct the issues stated! I'll have new photos up soon!

Please add one full front photo (straight on, not from above).  Thanks!!!  :duim:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:40 PM, ukswrath said:

Very nice work Thomas, good luck on your application

Thank you! I used your threads, they were very helpful! 

• Like 1

Hi Thomas, and thank you for your EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply.  

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of Sha Sha and myself,  Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Before we get started, don't be alarmed by the number of issues!  While there are some that will need to be addressed for Centurion, some are simple dressing matters to make that awesome set of armor look it's very best...  the vast majority can be remedied with a spare afternoon and some work, but I have every faith that you can do it.... and we are here to help!

Side note:  SO proud of you for going with the double snap method on the torso!  :duim:

Now let's get to it, brother!

Although your lines are SUPER clean and crisp, adding some definition to the top of your vocoder would give it a more screen accurate appearance.  A Filbert style brush and 5 minutes of work and you are golden!

Reference mages
psqBfIg.jpg?1                  eU7uhij.jpg?1   fsaaNb1.jpg?1

We are suggesting that you raise your biceps at least half an inch or so and roll the forearms out.  The "scoops" should be positioned on the inside where your arm bends (facing front) to prevent "armor-bite".

Reference image

zlzoCob.jpg  Tg2Fjmg.jpg?1

You may want to replace the 1 inch elastic on your bicep to forearm connection with 2 inch, and use the double snap method.  The reason I mention this is that in

in some of your photos they are perfectly positioned, yet in others they roll toward your body a lot. In the photo below, the ribbed ridges are sitting on top of your arm, but should actually be facing the sides as seen in the reference images.  Having that wider elastic and 2 snaps on each side of the connection will help keep them from shifting like that.

P6t218T.jpg?2      xC1TSkh.jpg?2   HhB6iO8.jpg?3

We are HIGHLY recommending that you add some ABS tabs to the inside tops of the posterior plate in order to better line it up with the kidney.  This is actually a fairly easy and effective fix, but if you need help on how to do this this just PM me!

Reference images

rijuE8t.jpg?1                    ojrInVg.jpg?2  NBX8NuU.jpg?1   tH6Jz08.jpg?1

The cover strip alignment on your right leg is absolute textbook, but unfortunately you have the common issue of the "wandering left calf", causing the sniper knee plate to sit completely to the left of the thigh cover strip.  This is another easy fix by gluing some foam padding on the inside of the front of the calf to keep in lined up.

Reference images

VAz81MS.jpg               jXWmvKP.jpg?1   sUlWJAn.jpg?1

On a side note, you may want to check the glue that holds the cover strip on your left forearm, as it seems to be coming loose from the wrist area.

DmAuXdg.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than those for Expert Infantry, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Keep in mind that it's the small details that we look at for our highest level of of screen accuracy.  You did a wonderful job on this build, and we want you to look your best!

As per the CRL, "...tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek", so both sides will need to be re-positioned.  Since you used decals this will be easier than if you had used paint.

Reference image

cnwpQh6.jpg   Ha9RU5L.jpg               QUKxCEs.jpg?1

Although not specifically mentioned in the CRL, we are requesting that you bring the shoulder bells in closer to the shoulder strap to eliminate the gap.

Reference image

XH2O4v7.jpg?1           XqArUuV.jpg?1  

We understand that not all troopers are built the same and there will be variations on how certain items fit, but the extra-wide gap in the back should be reduced.  Here are some suggestions:

1.  Trim all the return edge from the bottoms of the bells.  This will allow them to ride a bit closer to the bicep.

2.  Reduce the length of the strap that holds the shoulder bell to the shoulder (this will solve the above issue as well).

3.  Rotate them forward to where you have an equal gap in the front and back.

Reference image

o4NEere.jpg   b5eLeTP.jpg  JFwe2HM.jpg?2

As per the CRL, there can be "...no or minimal overlap of the back plate over the kidney plate".   You may be able to shorten the shoulder tabs on the back plate to bring it up higher.

Reference images

fFmk8by.jpg    0ki8FyL.jpg           Xy1k9jA.jpg?2  HyRmtQL.jpg?1

It looks like you CA glued the straps that hold your drop boxes in place, but the outside edge must be vertically aligned with the end of the ABS ammo belt.

Reference images

djtRPoo.jpg   NvHf7YO.jpg    Yb5VazN.jpg   JuwSduC.jpg?1   vo0s2dK.png?1   qwMnIyo.jpg?1

You are close... (SO close) to nailing this issue, but there can be no gap at the kidney/ab connection.  Just tightening up your canvas belt a tad should fix this one!!

Reference images

nr9WwGy.jpg?1               aSMKgHu.jpg?1        lA0qpzp.jpg?1

In looking at the screen used ab-button plates, note that the raised area beneath the plates is visible on all sides.  Yours should be trimmed to match (or close to it).  Note that the corners on both the reference image plates are squared, not rounded.  ;)

Reference image

W959K5w.jpg    LSuei4K.jpg?1

Again, you are VERY close on the ab-button paint, but the edges needs to be round.  Since it has a curved tip, the Filbert style brush I suggested for the vocoder can pull double-duty and make this easier.  Remember that the paint should not go all the way to the bottom of the raised part of the button (yellow arrows).

Reference image      Filbert brush

qTOKAOv.jpg                JBk8dyx.jpg       PGOQdMB.jpg?1

I know you made a few mods to your belt, but unfortunately it will need to come up at least half an inch or so as required in the CRL for Level 3:

"The top of the ABS ammo belt sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab- button panels".

Reference images

STFsG8n.jpg  TGvk6mO.jpg?1 K2psvDK.jpg?1

And lastly, although you did a fantastic job removing them from the inner edges, the "no return edge" requirement includes the area inside the "hump" as well.  4 minutes with a Dremel and you will be good to go!

Reference images

m3yJXDJ.jpg?2  Gu9WNkQ.jpg?2       46QS6rq.jpg?1  aze0NQv.jpg?2

As I mentioned, none of these items are insurmountable, Thomas.  (I had a LOT more dings on my first submission)!  It may take you an afternoon of dedicated time, but we are here to assist you in any way we can to help you reach Level 3.  Congrats on your EI badge, trooper, now get out there and make the FLG proud and I look forward to seeing your Centurion submission soon!

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-61601 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (954)
3 hours ago, Erice3339 said:

Congratulations, Thomas! Very proud of you and glad to see the hard work pay off. Way to represent Everglades Squad!

Thanks Eric! I cant wait to troop with fellow Fireteam Alpha troopers!

9 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Thanks everyone! I'll make those modifications for Centurion! Luckily, I got lots of time on my hands! 

That's the spirit!  :salute:

• Like 1