Hello there!

Hi guys! My name is Marchy and this will be my first time I will be making my stormtrooper armor.  I am from Phoenix, AZ and hoping to join the legion someday once I complete the kit.  Been a long time Star Wars fan and pretty stoke that I was able to finally get a hold of the kit that is from ATA works, though I am still waiting for the helmet kit to be delivered.  Kinda nervous also since never worked on a project at this scale before.  Still new to how things work around here, so please bear with me if there is some terminology I still have yet to learn.  I am open Looking forward to any guidance or direction you can give me in helping join the legion and to be able to assemble the armor.  Once again, thank you guys for having me here. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Marchy. :-)

Whether you are looking for a basic build or a detailed replica, research is key to a good build so I’d suggest checking out some previously cleared builds to get a feel of the build process. To see the best potential from most suits of armour, I’d recommend the Centurion builds - these are the builds that try to go the extra mile ; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Whilst you don’t have to push yourself to Centurion, it’s a good reference to our you on the right path.

Actual screen used armour is where I look, personally. Can’t get better than the actual armour we know and love. Image gallery: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Any questions you have, post them up in here or start your own build thread. The community can then assist you all in one place (easier for you to to track your responses later on).

Best wishes

Dan

2 hours ago, Bravely Casual said:

Hi guys! My name is Marchy and this will be my first time I will be making my stormtrooper armor.  I am from Phoenix, AZ and hoping to join the legion someday once I complete the kit.  Been a long time Star Wars fan and pretty stoke that I was able to finally get a hold of the kit that is from ATA works, though I am still waiting for the helmet kit to be delivered.  Kinda nervous also since never worked on a project at this scale before.  Still new to how things work around here, so please bear with me if there is some terminology I still have yet to learn.  I am open Looking forward to any guidance or direction you can give me in helping join the legion and to be able to assemble the armor.  Once again, thank you guys for having me here. 

Hey there! Another future Dune Sea member! I live up in Flagstaff where despite not having my armor assembled, a local group of six members and their families took me took me out to dinner to get to know me. They are all great people! Be sure to sign up for the Dune Sea Garrison forums, and start getting to know the peeps there! I'm currently waiting on my big brown box (BBB for short) to arrive, but I've already been offered help/tools from a nearby member. Since the vast majority of the garrison are in the Phoenix area, you should have plenty of people there to help you out! Also, just because you don't have your kit ready doesn't mean you can't go on troops as a handler! I've been offered to join in on some of the local troops just to get better acquainted with our fellow troopers, but haven't actually gone to one yet. Supposed to have one this weekend but it got canceled sadly.

But anyways, if you are working on your armor, be sure to look up TK 1636's videos on youtube. He is the best armorer in our garrison. He has tutorials on building armor that is very intuitive and you will learn a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDunMes3e0wQn8_ns-ma4g

You got yourself some good armor. With the guidance from both the great members in the forums, and in the garrison proper, they'll make a trooper of you yet. Start a build thread both here and on the Dune Sea Garrison forums, and you will get constant and reliable feedback.

I look forward to trooping with you someday!

~JR

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bravely Casual said:

Looking forward to any guidance or direction you can give me in helping join the legion and to be able to assemble the armor.  Once again, thank you guys for having me here. 

Hi Marchy, welcome to FISD, Glad to see you're next to start your armor build. Yes it's a little scary when you see your kit for the first time, but don't worry, we are her to help you. Searching the forum, asking questions are the clue to have a successful process.

I think the following links could be useful meanwhile you start your build.

Good luck and looking forward to see your build thread photos .

:salute:

Welcome to the FISD!  The other troopers provided you with some great reading.  Take your time, do lots of research, and when you are ready to start, create a build thread.  Ask lots of questions and post lots of pictures (you will need to use Imgur or Tapatalk or some other image hosting service).  It can seem insanely overwhelming at first, but it will all make sense eventually.  We will help you every step of the way.  Good luck!

Welcome Marchy!

I too am from the Dune Sea Garrison but down in Tucson.  Looks like us storm troopers can't even shoot straight in the forums :laugh1:. I would like to encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Garrison website as well.  We're always looking for more TK's! 

Once your Big Brown Box arrives begin your build thread here on white armor and maybe even on the garrison page.  I would also echo the comments to strive for centurion status.  I am not there myself but I am working on my blaster which if I did it all correctly should be the only hold up.  In fact if you have a bit of lead time on the armor you could be blaster building while you wait.

Edited by Hesikaya
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your support! I am definitely gonna aim for the centurion build since I am loving the quality worked put into it based on the examples I have seen (Though still debating if I should go for ESB or ROTJ).  I am slowly going thru all the resources on this site, and can be quite overwhelming, but I'll do my best to understand.  Gonna check out the Dune Sea Garrison website as well, but is there any additional requirements to registering at their website? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bravely Casual said:

Thank you everyone for your support! I am definitely gonna aim for the centurion build since I am loving the quality worked put into it based on the examples I have seen (Though still debating if I should go for ESB or ROTJ).  I am slowly going thru all the resources on this site, and can be quite overwhelming, but I'll do my best to understand.  Gonna check out the Dune Sea Garrison website as well, but is there any additional requirements to registering at their website? 

welcome!!  you can only do ANH or ESB version with ATA the ROTJ suit is completely different 

Edited by ABS80

9 minutes ago, Bravely Casual said:

For registering, all you need to do is make an account your account and wait. An email will be sent over to the staff to get you approved. After that, you'll be able to post on there. It took me about a month to get approved because I applied at a bad time and my submission got lost in the garrison election shuffle. Yours should be much quicker. Also, if you go for ANH TK, it does also open the option for you to become a Heavy Weapons Trooper as well. Basically two costumes in one! From there, it's an easier step towards the environmentally fitting Sandie, but that's just something you might want to think about before you commit to a costume.

Ah so it is between ANH or ESB.  Thanks for the heads up!  I think I will go for the ANH variant since I am interested in the Heavy Weapons variant. 
Also just submitted my application at the garrison website.  In the meantime, just need to plan out and ready the materials I need to at least get started on the helmet. 
Thanks again guys for your assistance!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

While I am glad that you are aiming for higher costuming levels hanoldbuddy, could this topic of EIB be moved somewhere else? This is Bravely Casual’s introduction thread.

Fair point. Off topic comments now hidden from view. :-) 

21 hours ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

Something that I want to ask is if you have your soft parts picked out yet, and what kind of blaster you want to go for :D

The soft parts I have not gotten yet, unfortunately.  My budget for now is more focused on getting the supplies I need to assemble the helmet and armor.  As for the blaster, that's a toughie.  I wanted to get my hands on the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster rifle, though just finding a kit to purchase locally is a toughie at the moment. 

I don’t believe I have seen any DIY kits available, but IIRC, Praetorian sells rubber DLTs. I’m going to be buying one of their rubber E-11s since I’ve heard that is one of the best weapons to troop with due to their durability and excellent details. I’ve seen people use those blasters to go Centurion.

When working on your helmet, be aware that for Centurion status you need proper screws. Joseph on here sells them for about 8 bucks or so, he also has the proper gloves and hand armor. Extremely convenient!

Another thing to note is the hovi tips, the speakers near the chin. Centurion requires the insides to be white. What I did recently is order Ukswrath’s helmet electronic kit that includes centurion level hovi speakers (that are functional speakers mind you), voice changer, hearing assist and so forth for when I put together my helmet. The price for that kit is about $270+ PP fee (He has cheaper options as well). I should be receiving my own kit within the next few days.

To find everything, just look in the For Sale section for it. All of it should be stickied.

An important thing to remember is that my experience is very limited on here, and that everything I say is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. I’m just bringing up ideas to warrant your own research in the matter to decide if that is the route you want to go.

22 hours ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

I don’t believe I have seen any DIY kits available, but IIRC, Praetorian sells rubber DLTs. I’m going to be buying one of their rubber E-11s since I’ve heard that is one of the best weapons to troop with due to their durability and excellent details. I’ve seen people use those blasters to go Centurion.

When working on your helmet, be aware that for Centurion status you need proper screws. Joseph on here sells them for about 8 bucks or so, he also has the proper gloves and hand armor. Extremely convenient!

Another thing to note is the hovi tips, the speakers near the chin. Centurion requires the insides to be white. What I did recently is order Ukswrath’s helmet electronic kit that includes centurion level hovi speakers (that are functional speakers mind you), voice changer, hearing assist and so forth for when I put together my helmet. The price for that kit is about $270+ PP fee (He has cheaper options as well). I should be receiving my own kit within the next few days.

To find everything, just look in the For Sale section for it. All of it should be stickied.

An important thing to remember is that my experience is very limited on here, and that everything I say is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. I’m just bringing up ideas to warrant your own research in the matter to decide if that is the route you want to go.

When I gotten my BBB, the helmet came with screws and other things.  The hovi mic tips will need to be painted black on the outside, but they should be the same color as the vocoder right?

1jI1LR1.jpg

Also I took a look into the Praetorian blasters page and just wondering how sturdy are those prop guns btw?  Is it hard rubber?

Edited by Bravely Casual

The hovi mic tips will need to be painted black on the outside, but they should be the same color as the vocoder right?

I’d suggest either Matt or Satin black for the hovi tips. Personally, for my latest helmet I went Matt black, as recommended by Troopermaster, and they came out great. As you said, only painted on the outside.

For the vocoder, I’d suggest either sarin black or gloss black. I believe Satin black is now the recommendation in the ANH stunt helmet painting guide. :-)

1 hour ago, Bravely Casual said:

When I gotten my BBB, the helmet came with screws and other things.  The hovi mic tips will need to be painted black on the outside, but they should be the same color as the vocoder right?

1jI1LR1.jpg

Also I took a look into the Praetorian blasters page and just wondering how sturdy are those prop guns btw?  Is it hard rubber?

I’ve read that they are the sturdiest blasters that money can buy. I believe that they are hard rubber. Hopefully I can get the funds to get my hands on one soon enough. They are also more detailed/accurate than Hyperfirm blasters (One of the founders of Hyperfirm made Praetorian). It’s something you ought to look up if you are interested, cuz’ I sure know I am!

• Like 1