Hall of Fame

FISD Coins - How many do you have?

Just For Laughs

Trooping

Common FISD Acronyms and TK Glossary

Competition

Celebration Merchandise

Imperial Attaché Program

EIB & Centurion: What do these terms mean?

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Fire Teams

Public Relations

Staff List 2020
Follow

FISD

vuCi6iF.png

max-von-sydow-rip-e1583769272843.jpg  

Actor Max Von Sydow, who appeared in films and TV series including The Exorcist, Flash Gordon, Game of Thrones and Star Wars, has died at the age of 90 Monday 3.10.20. 

Known for his many roles in the films of Ingmar Bergman, Sydow had kept busy in recent years, as well — turning up in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, portraying an elder who comes under scrutiny by Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren. As well as a role on Game of Thrones, as a recurring character called The Three-Eyed Raven. Sydow also, of course, starred in The Exorcist as Father Lankester Merrin, and is a key figure in one of the most iconic moments in horror film history as a result:

Our condolences go out to his family and friends.

"Buckets Off"

fXXyOEL.png

Greetings fellow Stormtroopers

Welcome to the first newsletter of the new term.

I would like to start by thanking everyone that took the time to vote, not only in the detachment but garrison and legion elections.

The Q and A’s can be a monumental read but it is your legion and is an opportunity for all to play a small part in the direction it takes.

We have a lot to cover off in this addition so I will start with the staff changes.

A HUGE thank you goes out to Alay and her staff that are not staying on this term; this place doesn’t run by itself so the detachment thanks you for your service.

Alay (Sarah) TK 20466 departing Detachment Leader

Harbinger (Brien) TK 92802 departing XO and DMBO, Now Legion LMBO (congratulations mate)

msouza (Mike) TK 11463 departing DO

Pretzel (Preston) TK 91488 departing Attaché ambassador

Please be respectful that these members are no longer responsible for their previous positions, so if you have inquiries pertaining to their prior roles like merch etc, please reach out to the XO’s, COG's or myself.  

Welcoming new staff and position changes

Some staff have changed positions and undergone title changes; others are first-timers to FISD staff.

TheSwede (Daniel) TK 99665 is now Curator of the Replica section.

Cableguy (Dan Branton) TK 42911, New to staff, will be joining him.

These gentlemen are working on bringing some exciting content to that department so stay tuned for future updates

Rat (Jim, although he prefers rat) TK 95970  New to staff, has taken on the role of Social media POR and will look after Facebook.

Frank75139 (Frank) TK 75139 New to staff has taken up the mantle of Attaché ambassador

Fresh blood is always good for a team and these guys are up to the challenge, please make sure you say hello and make them feel welcome

Lastly, we have the new XO’s and myself

We position ourselves here at the bottom as this is where we work best.

ukswrath (Tony Jobe) TK 10116 & Dark CMF   Tim Waychoff TK 51878  DXO's

The three of us are here to serve the staff and the entire membership. We all know that without you folks there would be no detachment and that our positions exist to get new initiatives off the ground. We will work with the staff and members to make this place better for everyone.

If you have ideas, please feel free to reach out and talk with any of us and let’s see if we can make sure FISD is the premier detachment, and  forum everyone talks about for the right reasons, and a place that others want to visit.

The future

There will be several new initiatives throughout the term of which a couple will kick off in March.

One I launched just over a week ago with the DL’s Blog.

The newsletter is our mainstream mass mail out to keep everyone up to date on a monthly basis. The DL’s Blog is to keep those that frequent the forums up to date on what the staff are doing behind the scenes. It’s a means for me to give you the goss and updates on how we are tracking. It may not all be exciting to everyone but its aim is to offer more insight and transparency.

CRL Translation Team

We have moved into the test and benchmark phase with a small team of attaches to start translating our CRL’s into multiple languages. Once we have a good indication of how long each one will take this team will continue to change so we can bring more languages online.

The most difficult aspect of this will be keeping all the languages up to date when changes are made to CRL’s as does happen almost yearly, but we do intend to be the first detachment with a high count of countries covered. This is a big project and I expect it will continue through the year.

For the sake of boring you all with an even larger wall of text, I shall conclude here.

Until the next edition, here’s to a HUGE year for FISD

Sly11

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Andrew Franke

TK11469 "Sly11"

Detachment Leader

53xZjNO.png

Hey fellow Troopers Ukswrath here, welcome to another fantastic year with the FISD.

First I'd like to thank all those that elected us to serve you as staff, and to everyone else I hope we earn your trust and respect as the year goes on. Also, thank you to Andrew for all his hard work and efforts to get us here, and to the rest of the staff your willingness to serve others. 

Members, as you may have noticed our team has hit the ground running. From CRL additions & updates, up and coming events like the SWC Anaheim, to march to EIB 1000 and merch, this is going to be one incredible year for all of us.

If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions feel free to reach out to any one of us. 

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tony 

ukswrath 

Tony Jobe

TK10116 "ukswrath"

Executive Officer

photo-thumb-19236.jpg

Tim Waychoff

TK51878 “Dark CMF”

Executive Officer

bhcdkeM.png

8SAPVX9.jpg

starsaber25 

Steve Sheades

TK10466 "starsaber25"

Leading Provost Marshall

themaninthesuitcase

Chris Pearson 

TK10991"themaninthesuitcase"

Provost Marshal

Pyrates

Aaron Gibson 

TK99725 “Pyrates” 

Provost Marshall

5U7ZGCF.png

DbwVFA9.png

MARCH TO 1000

For those of you that may not be aware, we at the FISD are incredibly close to reaching our goal of one thousand troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry badge!  As of now, we are at 953, which leaves only 47 to go to hit our target.  Sha Sha and I are committed to do all we need to in order to get # 1000 approved before year's end, so those that are considering taking their armor to the next level and having the honor of being a part of the original 1K should keep this in mind!

It's not as difficult as you may think, and we are here to help every step of the way.  If Sha Sha or I can be of any assistance or you have questions, just drop one of us a PM!

QUICK CRL Reference Guide for your OT build. Pics, Notes & Tips: 

Joseph Pedig

Deployment Officers

shashachu 

Sha Sha Chu

TK-19233 "shashachu"

Deployment Officer

justjoseph63

Joseph Pedigo

TK-10963 "justjoseph63"

Deployment Officer

sp2ACwu.png

253873467d33ef60bdb9718d6492ec76.jpg

The FISD is pleased to announce the addition of a new area in the Advanced Tactics forum dedicated to those ready to submit for basic 501st TK approval.

This section will allow future Troopers the opportunity to submit photos of their completed build to be reviewed by the Staff, Imperial Attaches and others in preparation for forwarding it to their GML for approval.  Any and all advice/suggestions given will be specific, constructive, helpful and respectful.

Please note that this program will NOT take the place of your local GML, as Detachments are not chartered for costume approval and can not override a GMLs decision, but is instead a peer review program designed to help you look your best and offer guidance and positive feedback.  You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your completed armor, weapons (if applicable), accessories, etc. and get accurate information from the experts here at the FISD.. the definitive home of TKs worldwide.

For more information on this program, please visit the link here

a51qD5z.png

T1JoW4a.jpg

Contributor Awards

NqUPTPB.png   OidQx9k.png

Greeting fellow Troopers,

Don't forget to visit our 3D section when next surfing the FISD forums, there is plenty of useful information to potentially help you on your next TK adventure.

You may be a designer wishing to showcase your latest designs or prints, or maybe looking for a file to print your very own Blaster or Laser Axe.

You might be feeling may generous and share with our community a new TK related 3D file and maybe win yourself a 3D contributors award so check out the details below and be part of the in house 3D community.

Keep your eyes on this guy: Basti from the German Garrison is working on updating his TFA helmet files, he's making great progress and we truly appreciate his transparency and skills shown with his work. Keep up the great work Trooper Take a look at his progress.

Main forum title: 

3D Parts and Technical

Sub topics:

3D Printer owners

Your place to discuss what printer/s you own, recommendations, tech talk and the like, It’s a place to learn something new

3D CAD Designers

Home of talented 3D cad designers, show off your 3D renders, of FISD related costume parts and accessories.  Offer help and advice on programs, or offer to commission a piece for a fellow member

3D File Depository

A home for 3D file sharing, Troopers helping Troopers is what this section is all about; yes a single location to keep any 3D files offered up by our extremely generous membership. This will be a 501st member’s only section and rules will apply to any usage of the content.

I will be looking for content to continue the growth of these new sections  so If you are interested in helping drive the 3D forums, then please send me a PM and let’s get the threads and the filament flowing. 3D printer heads will understand that last comment ;)

Here is a link to the FISD 3D Contributor program.

LaMijec.png

3C5k84Q.png

Don't forget to create a troop log here on FISD and get awarded for your adventures

The list of accomplished troopers keeps growing, so get on board and register your troops today.

We understand not everyone can help build multiple sets of armour for their fellow troopers, nor own a 3D printer or have the time and skill set to design and offer free 3D files to the detachment.

There is however one thing we all can do, and that is troop.

Here is your opportunity to stand and be recognised for simply trooping in your TK.

We're rolling out a new award system to encourage and reward our members who take the time to post up their field training exercises and keep a troop log.  As you attend events and post logs, you'll earn these shiny profile badges, here are a few:

Keep the troop logs coming folks, not only can you earn the badge but you can show others your favorite troops.

You know we love photos here on the forums.

troopaward10.png.f47c89f4e7333038c27c6e8ced75ec2c.pngtroopaward25.png.f2b5d2ec2f350561fa77c0fc036efa76.pngtroopaward50.png.3a3b072c1add6ecb4faab0ac5c126d11.pngtroopaward75.png.e9fe7aa9b34822e22ca1a68101e82d29.pngtroopaward100.png.0e18d608a9415379ed92225804ff5ee3.pngtroopaward125.png.636fd8b5196803ac4c05a7bf01e7c44f.pngtroopaward150.png.5320c92f62b35a34f5aad2722a3e56b7.pngtroopaward175.png.cd7dfcaee0002205a534f29d0d6cc860.pngtroopaward200.png.3ee9b6f006a050009cb3c25dd8b694b1.pngtroopaward250.png.f067a559522f8a3fc2bc685fa82277e0.pngtroopaward300.png.a68f081b17fc7bad41aa9522754012ac.pngtroopaward350.png.6cf697b9214d5e4415ffd030d7bcef50.pngtroopaward400.png.4eb8ab0bbac788ed9da029c31dd3bbc0.pngtroopaward450.png.e3af21970a78fc7d60884f75b31e55e8.pngtroopaward500.png.de2b4c3b6a4487f61da14baf93a9e5c2.pngtroopaward600.png.3ee1939bd6ac33f7d604e3aeaf398655.pngtroopaward750.png.4f6e7f4a1448104c1d4f20ab187a596c.pngtroopaward1000.png.2cbb950d60fe7cd8ccd1c51df6908fef.png

Simply start (or update!) your troop log, keep the running total in the title, and post (at least!) a date and name for the official 501st event where you wore your TK!

Once you've hit a milestone count, go over to the "Field Exercise Awards -- Post your milestones here" thread to request your profile be updated!  Simple, right?

Troop log title examples:

fL1jhDb.png

Milestone post example:

Milestone and Troop Log Title:   [100] TK12345 My troop log

Date and Event:   8/23/2019 -- Death Star Cooking Class

Image result for stormtroopers in store

FAQ:
Do my past troops count?
Yes!  You can update your troop log thread with all your past events for credit :)

Is there any costume requirement?
You have to have attended the event in a costume that falls under the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment for credit.  We love pictures from any events with white armor though, so even if you attended an event in another costume with stormtroopers present don't hesitate to show off!

Do I have to include pictures?
Pictures are not required, but are highly encouraged!  Your picture may end up in the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame :)

Award Recipients February - March

troopaward10.png.f47c89f4e7333038c27c6e8ced75ec2c.png TK76271 "MissionTrooper" Andrew - TK17529 "Scimitar" Eric  - TK37015 "TK37015 Sebastiano  - 

troopaward25.png.f2b5d2ec2f350561fa77c0fc036efa76.png TK12037 "mjrose927" Michael - TK36455 "Rocketman" Eric  - 

troopaward50.png.3a3b072c1add6ecb4faab0ac5c126d11.png  TK70926 "Brattie" Angie  - TK62108 "ShadyP" Pat - TK10963 "justjoseph63" Joseph -  

troopaward75.png.e9fe7aa9b34822e22ca1a68101e82d29.png TK21615 "JenEcho" Jenny - TK23276 "zv288bot" Jorge -  

troopaward100.png.0e18d608a9415379ed92225804ff5ee3.png ---

troopaward125.png.636fd8b5196803ac4c05a7bf01e7c44f.png ---

troopaward150.png.5320c92f62b35a34f5aad2722a3e56b7.png ---

troopaward175.png.cd7dfcaee0002205a534f29d0d6cc860.png ---

troopaward200.png.3ee9b6f006a050009cb3c25dd8b694b1.png ---

Congratulations troopers and keep on trooping

bsNzjkv.png

uAjkLIn.png

The FISD Master Armorer program is an optional, detachment only incentive award to recognize individuals who have directly helped another 501st stormtrooper to achieve Expert Infantry status. Some people spend countless hours helping others, and want to reward their results as well as incentivizing new people to help as well.

To register a “win” in the program, the assistance must have provided hands-on help trimming, building, and/or fitting of said armor for the person who was awarded Expert Infantry status.

Other program notes:

• Helping remotely, giving advice, or taking payment in exchange for help does not account, all work must be voluntary and without expectation of compensation.

• The assistance must be for a period of 30 minutes or more. Spending 15 minutes tweaking someone’s fitting or taking photos does not count.

• "wins" can be retroactive, e.g. if you helped 5 people in 2017 already, those can count as long as they are fully documented.

Award Levels

armorer_award_b.png •  5+ “wins”: FISD Armorer Badge

armorer_award_s.png • 15+ “wins” FISD Senior Armorer Badge

armorer_award_m.png • 25+ “wins” FISD Master Armorer Badge

The process

• Person applying for the award will create an application thread to track the help they give.

• For each “win”, they will list the person they helped achieve Expert Infantry status by copying their EI approval thread.

• For each “win”, the person who was helped will validate that this person helped them.

You can find the master award area here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/182-fisd-master-armorer-program/ 

Ihjjxdj.png

“Hey troopers,

The replica section of the FISD has had some interesting discussions in the past. It’s a great area to discuss the finer details of the original stormtrooper suits, including strapping, how parts were cut and fitted, lots of little details that make the original suits so special.

However, traffic has been a little low in recent times and the section has been under-utilised. So, it’s time to give this area some attention and add new tips and tricks for those that are looking to follow the original suits and helmets more closely.

I’m Dan (CableGuy), and will be working together with Daniel (theSwede), to update this section a little more. We both have a keen interest in building highly accurate Stormtroopers, always using original screen caps for reference. As former FISD Deployment Officers, we both have keen eyes for detail and take pride in sharing accurate information to new and existing builders. Of course, there are some amazingly knowledgable members of the FISD and we welcome and encourage input from the community.

As well as the replica section highlighting features of the original suits, we’ll also aim to show some of the processes for troopers to use when creating their own screen accurate Stormtrooper armour and helmets.

With unquestioned loyalty

Dan "CableGuy" TK42911

CableGuy 

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Dan Branton

TK429110 "CableGuy"

PRO Replica Section Curator

TheSwede

Daniel Melin

TK99665 "TheSwede"

PRO Replica Section Curator

a8025Ms.png

8yd0ck6.jpg

That crazy time of year "elections" has come to an end, thank you to those of you who participated in this years legion wide elections, please join me in congratulating our new Detachment Leader

Andrew M Franke

Andrew Frank

TK-11469 "Sly11"

Also congratulations to our new Legion Commanding Officer

Dawn U Bright

Dawn Bright

DS-13377 "Kylo Ren

Z0VZfB2.png

One for our new DL

YLEYksP.png

g3b69Ky.png

Spring is upon us again Troopers, and for some of us the warming weather means more troop reports for the field exercises!

So without further ado let’s get to this month’s inductee...

Please join me in welcoming TK - 55559 Michael to the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame!

1caa412841958c1103718076c91d4980.jpg&key=f70239c442e5c1a15b8fe36fe799dbd1b8afcd1ebdc2ddb95c63559185e34ef4

Pyrates   

Aaron Gibson

TK-99725 "Pyrates"

Curator Hall of Fame

YuWGqcV.jpg

ZUBMY1J.jpg

FISD Coins - How Many Do You Have?

I was going through my bag of merchandise recently and for a person that really doesn't collect coins I noticed I do have a few, especially FISD coins which then had me interested in finding out how many FISD coins are there out there. 

So I headed on to the 501st coin database (you can find here https://trading.501st.com/index.php) and WOW I was a little surprised, albeit there are a lot of variant coins, anniversary, EIB, command etc but seems I've got a ways to go if I wanted to try and collect them all and I don't have enough testicles or arms for them all :lol:

You can find the full list of coins in this thread here:

vUhdVyX.png

February - March

A few troops from around the globe

C.S. Mott Children's Hospital - Ann Arbor, MI

340cab8bac5479cd96dd77dcf3445c61.jpg

By: Michael, TK12037,  "mjrose927"

QIwNhPf.png

Kansas City Comets Mascot Game In Independence MO 

TKTroop-Log0020.jpg

By: Don, TK21393, "bishopdonmiguel"

QIwNhPf.png

First Lego Championship, Sacramento, CA 

49615397588_653f33454d_b.jpg

By: David, TK221999 "NeoNines

QIwNhPf.png

"STAR WARS. Una Nueva Esperanza en concierto" en el Teatro Colón

2DkXtRt.jpg

By: Nadia, TK14022 "nadia_fernandez

THkvIux.png

stormtrooper.OneStory-300x225.jpg

Are you new to the FISD and wondering what the heck all those abbreviations and strange sounding terms mean?  To help you @justjoseph63 has started a list of the most commonly used ones that will give you some insight.  If you have ANY questions about a particular term that is not listed or suggestions for new ones please contact Joseph. You can find the list here:

poyPkaE.png

0007797.gif

For those of you who have an existing OT (Original Trilogy) TK build thread here (started on or before 2/22/20) on the FISD and are aiming for higher levels (Expert Infantry and Centurion) the Command Staff is offering up some items to help get you there!  These include:

1.  A set of flexible hand guards as required for Level 3.  Choice of Stunt or Hero (alternative) style.

2.  A complete set of screen accurate hardware (split rivets, cap rivets, TD screws and ear screws). 

3.  A 6 x 9" (12 x 21 cm) hard-cover TK themed journal to jot down notes during your build.

4.  Once you have submitted and been approved at Expert Infantry level, you will be sent an official FISD patch and Rocker tab.

So what's the catch, you say?  No catch.  To win this package, all you have to do is provide a link to your build thread and guess what number we have in mind (hint-  it's between 1 and 1000).  If you have trouble providing a link just let us know.

Here is the lowdown:

1.  Must have an existing build thread here on the FISD started on or before Feb. 22nd, 2020 (and provide a link).  If you have trouble doing this, just contact a staff member.

2.  Must be a FIRST TIME builder.

3.  Contest ends April 23rd2020.  Winner will be announced on April 24th.

4.  Open to all future TKs world-wide.

5.  You must post up your guess ON THIS THREAD !  

One guess per future trooper!!

Good luck to you all!!

m1Mltl5.png

KFH34yD.png?1

:dancing-trooper:     OK Troopers, it's time for our annual design contest for Celebration!   :dancing-trooper:

For those of you who have a creative mind and mad design skills, it's time to step up to the plate and possibly have your original artwork used as the official logo by the FISD to commemorate the biggest SW convention in the world in Anaheim, CA. this year!

We are starting this contest early (in case there are delays in shipping) as we want to get these in your hands in time for the big weekend in August!

The winning entry will be made into a patch, which will be worn and traded by hundreds (and seen by thousands) at this event.  It will also be available as a T-shirt to show off your FISD pride!  So how do you enter?  Glad you asked!  Here is the low-down:

1.  The contest will be open to all members.  If you can see this post, you can enter!

2.  The competition will begin on  March 9th and will run until April 9th.  After that, a poll will be opened so that everyone can vote on the design they like best.

3.  The number of designs you can enter is only limited by your imagination.

4.  You are welcome to use any FISD logos in your artwork.

5.  Shapes can be round, chevron, or custom.

6.  Design MUST include full Detachment name (1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment), 501st Legion, date (Aug. 27-30, 2020), Anaheim and LFL.

7.  All entries become property of the FISD/501st Legion.

The winner will be announced in the April newsletter and will receive two free patches and other cool swag (to be announced) as well as some serious bragging rights! 

The finished products will have their own sales thread(s) once the designs are approved and ready to order.

More information can be found in this thread: 

jjss3mp.png

HsIhI5m.jpg

Serve proudly, ladies and gentlemen, and as Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attaché program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attaché merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attaché title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attaché HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.  (Pretzel)

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

QIwNhPf.png

IMPERIAL ATTACHE AWARD

x46RqzS.png

Imperial Attaché Award for those attaché's who have gone above and beyond [minimum 1 year of service]

:salute:

You can find a list of prior recipients here 

QIwNhPf.png

ATTACHE MERCHANDISE

Attaché Patch

AttachePatch.jpg

For those of you on the Imperial Attaché staff, the official I.A. patches are available 

Here are the details..  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Patches will be limited to TWO per person, and will only be sold to those who are currently serving FISD Imperial Attaches.

These patches have been graciously DONATED to the FISD, so all you will need to do is cover the cost of shipping and PP fees, which will be $1.00 each for those in the U.S. and P.R. and $1.50 each for those outside the U.S. What a deal!

Thank you Joseph @justjoseph63for looking after these.

You can find the thread here

QIwNhPf.png

ATTACHE ROCKER

For those of you on the Imperial Attaché staff, the official I.A. rockers are now available. 

Link below

QIwNhPf.png

Attaché Ambassador

Frank75139   

Frank Peranteau

TK75139 "Frank75139"

Attaché  Ambassador

cWddO7e.png

QB4zkSz.png

5e96Rjm.png

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize!

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRLhttp://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:  

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) Trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"?  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades (also listed in the CRL).

3.  "I haven't even got my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will also have access to select "challenge coin" runs, receive (free) a cool certificate for your new rank, and have your title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  Plus, once you reach these levels, you will have the extra knowledge to help out those who are looking to apply as well.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying other people's threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Centurion  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Just remember that the FISD is here to help you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just ask away here on the forum.

RpFKBp8.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR February - March  the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

KoV0k8j.png

Robert "husky68TK77712  EIB 953

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!  :salute:

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:

NCt2GrG.png

- - - - - - -

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, Troopers!  :salute:

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

6sv6Wg1.png

Xs4zZ5A.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal and have just reached the 953 mark!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself  "Frank75139" or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

IPZwlob.png

Image result for stormtrooper firemen

Greetings Troopers.

The Fire Team program is completely optional, and is intended to help form a common identity and spirit of camaraderie among 501st Legion stormtroopers in the same geographic area/garrison that troop together.

Fire Teams are not officially recognized by the 501st Legion nor the FISD, although they will be able to access a Fire Team sub-forum on the detachment website. Because Fire Teams are unofficial groups, they cannot have any 501st or FISD markings, including 501st Legion, 501st, Legion logos, Vader's Fist etc. on their branding or logos. However, Teams will be allowed to use any unique markings at informal events provided they follow these guidelines.

Guidelines

• No 501st or FISD markings. Period.
  • Any active Legion member with a valid stormtrooper costume in the specified geographic area can join.
  • The Team can create a name, logo, backstory, etc. for itself (names usually contain Fire Team, though this isn't required).
  • A list of each Team (with their specific "Teams Name") with a current list their members will be kept in the Fire Team sub-forum on the Detachment website.
  • A Team member must troop at least twice per year to maintain status as a member. Two or more Team members must troop together once per year to keep the group active.

Merchandising

• Again, no 501st or FISD markings.
  • Merchandising will only be limited by the imagination of the Fire Team.
  • Any merchandising should be submitted to the detachment, or through proper Legion channels.
  • A master list of all Fire Team merchandise (with photos) will be posted in the Fire Team sub-forum.

If any of these guidelines are violated, the group will be disbanded.

Here is a link to the Fire Team areahttp://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/130-fire-team-area/   501st membership is needed to view this area.

This is a great program that is strictly just for fun and it also allows fellow TK's get to know each other better.  I would love to help any Garrison/area get a Fire Team started, just let me know what I can do to help.

If you would like to register a Fire Team here is the link

In other business, just a reminder, if you have an addition, removal or any other change in you Fire Team's status, send me a PM and I'll get you all squared away.

Please welcome our 57th Fire Team: Six Fives!!

Region: Singapore, Singapore Garrison

Name: Six Fives

324679599_SixFivesTransparent.thumb.png.fc3a4eddd4ab488e77d1679dc5f1a7e6.png

For the full list of Fire Teams head here

captsafe66     

Mark Ryner

TK4584 "captsafe66 "

FISD/Fire Team Director

Saka5pP.png

Newsletter

Hello all, for those not aware I've just undergone another hand operation and was not sure if I would be continuing in the role of editor but it appears it was not as bad as the surgeon first thought so with that info and the blessing of our new DL I will be staying on as editor for the time being. Thank you to those that have contacted me with words of support.

If you have any interesting stories or photos or something you think newsworthy please send them to me via pm  @gmrhodes13

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac

Glen "Q" Rhodes

TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"

PRO Newsletter

QIwNhPf.png

Social Media 

Rat 

Jim Ferrel (Rat)

TK95970 "Rat"

PRO Social Media

Soulart

Teresa Nuthall

TK41307 "Soulart"

PRO Social Media

QIwNhPf.png

Editor At Large

Hi, I'm Danny, turning 27 years young next month and I'm from the German Garrison. I have a classic ANH-S TK and can switch to ESB if necessary. In real life, I'm a student of mechatronics, which is a mixture between mechanical and electronical engineering. Apart from StarWars I'm often in the Alps to go snowboarding and in summertime, I ride or repair one of my motorcycles.

I will be your new (and old) Content Editor At Large for the upcoming term.

photo-thumb-20691.png

Daniel Lauber

TK55550 "Ripper_L"

PRO Editor at Large

QIwNhPf.png

Staff List 2020

Detachment Leader (DL): Andrew Franke (Sly11) TK11469

Executive Officer (DXO): Tony Jobe (ukswrath) TK-10116

Executive Officer (DXO): Tim Waychoff (Dark CMF)

Deployment Officer (DCA): Joseph Pedigo (justjoseph63) TK-10963

Deployment Officer: (DCA):ShaSHa (ShaSHaChu) TK-19233

Lead Provost Marshal (DCOG): Steven Sheades (starsaber25) TK-10466

Provost Marshal (DCOG): Chris Pearson (themaninthesuitcase) TK-10911

Provost Marshal (DCOG): Aaron (Bronx) Gibson (Pyrates) TK-99725

Fire Team Relations (PRO): Mark Ryner (Captsafe66) TK-4584

Personnel Officer (PER): AC (Novatie) TK-5597

Content Editor At Large (PRO): Christoph (Danny) Lauber (Ripper_L) TK-55550

Content Editor Awards (PRO):  This will be handled by the XO’s

Newsletter Publisher (PRO): Glen Rhodes (gmrhodes13) TK-85421

Attaché Ambassador (PRO) Frank Peranteau (Frank75139) TK-75139 New team member

Social Media Relations (PRO): Teresa Nuthall (Soulart) TK-41307

Social Media Relations (PRO): Jim Ferrell (Rat) TK-95970 New team member

Imperial propaganda machine: Brien Edick (Harbinger) TK 92802

Systems Administrator (DWM): Eric Brager (Darth Aloha) TK-9674

Systems Administrator (DWM): Mathias (Locitus) TK-2959

Detachment Founder (DF): Paul (Daetrin) TK-8020

NEW ROLES

Replica Section Curators (PRO): Dan Branton (CableGuy) TK-42911

Replica Section Curators (PRO): Daniel Melin (The Swede) TK-99665

jtT37v1.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram

kUd32hb.png
Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Facebook Group: 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) Official

zCmaWpa.png
Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st

XkJpz4c.png 

Instagram: www.instagram.com/fisd501st

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

X6S95ml.gif

Image result for end transmission gif

• Like 4

On 3/9/2020 at 10:54 PM, masterx244 said:

Just a hint: stormtrooper keyboard aim struck at the update on Basti on the FOTK bucket 3d files. You wrote Bsati by accident

Amended

• 1 month later...

Linking my first ever build and hoping to snag that package! My number, you say? Come on, need I say it?

fine.

Update: Drastically overrated how long ago I started my build thread. Drats. Feel free to delete this if need be!

Update 2.0: Didn't look 2 inches down and see the proper linked thread. Oy Vey. Not a strong night for me apparently.

Edited by skitchie98
Please delete

33 minutes ago, skitchie98 said:

Linking my first ever build and hoping to snag that package! My number, you say? Come on, need I say it?

fine.

Update: Drastically overrated how long ago I started my build thread. Drats. Feel free to delete this if need be!

Update 2.0: Didn't look 2 inches down and see the proper linked thread. Oy Vey. Not a strong night for me apparently.

I believe a winner was found, you also had to post in this thread not in this newsletter thread ;)