Celebration Patch Design Contest!

justjoseph63

KFH34yD.png?1

:dancing-trooper:     OK Troopers, it's time for our annual design contest for Celebration!   :dancing-trooper:

For those of you who have a creative mind and mad design skills, it's time to step up to the plate and possibly have your original artwork used as the official logo by the FISD to commemorate the biggest SW convention in the world in Anaheim, CA. this year!

We are starting this contest early (in case there are delays in shipping) as we want to get these in your hands in time for the big weekend in August!

The winning entry will be made into a patch, which will be worn and traded by hundreds (and seen by thousands) at this event.  It will also be available as a T-shirt to show off your FISD pride!  So how do you enter?  Glad you asked!  Here is the low-down:

1.  The contest will be open to all members.  If you can see this post, you can enter!

2.  The competition will begin on  March 9th and will run until April 9th.  After that, a poll will be opened so that everyone can vote on the design they like best.

3.  The number of designs you can enter is only limited by your imagination.

4.  You are welcome to use any FISD logos in your artwork.

5.  Shapes can be round, chevron, or custom.

6.  Design MUST include full Detachment name (1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment), 501st Legion, date (Aug. 2020), Anaheim and LFL.  Exact dates  (27-30) are optional.

7.  All entries become property of the FISD/501st Legion.  

The winner will be announced in the April newsletter and will receive two free patches and other cool swag (to be announced) as well as some serious bragging rights! 

The finished products will have their own sales thread(s) once the designs are approved and ready to order.

• Like 6

Exciting times ahead, we had some sensational entries last year, certainly hope we get some crackers again this time.

Here's my attempt.  I couldn't decide on a few things so I'm providing some options.  One has gradients and would need to be digitally printed but the other two are more or less patch-friendly (I may have to simplify the troopers a bit).  I'll probably tinker some more and change things... knowing me.

C6ZnUjw.png

JM5StHF.png

5OkPwil.png

Ok, now I’m just playing around but this might look cool as a T-shirt or sticker. I have some extra time on my hands thanks to COVID 19 - and it is too cold in the garage for building. Lol. 

sLP9xum.png

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 8

Been mewling over ideas for a design, but I must ask, is there a place where all the official FISD pictures are at? I did not see anything in the gallery. Sorry in advance if it was obvious and I missed it. 

Edit: Oh, and can we design our patches with digitally painted badges in mind, or just normal embroidered style ones?

Edited by TheDecisiveRaindrop

1 hour ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

Been mewling over ideas for a design, but I must ask, is there a place where all the official FISD pictures are at? I did not see anything in the gallery. Sorry in advance if it was obvious and I missed it. 

Edit: Oh, and can we design our patches with digitally painted badges in mind, or just normal embroidered style ones?

Generally the embroidered style is preferred or should I say, traditionally we have made embroidered style, but hey, if its a good design why not.

You may not have access to the area where we keep the designs for our logos as you can imagine we are pretty protective of them and it also makes it a litter harder for no approved merch to be made using our assets.