iEmpire916 Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

Great improvement.

If I can offer two cents, not sure if required for basic but further improvements. The biceps could move a little more up or I would try to strap them to sit more straight. They give a off balanced look from the photo.

I’m curious about the right side ab/kidney as it has a sharp point? It normally is level like your left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by husky68
  • Like 1

WOW, William... looking GREAT!  I don't see anything holding you back from Basic approval, but as you mentioned you might think about raising the biceps a bit more to stop them flaring out.  Let us know when you get your official TK ID!!  :salute:

yuPV5Un.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great, good job on all the suggested changes! Should be an easy approval! (Biceps could use some adjusting as mentioned but that's minor!)

• Like 1

Hey everyone! So I got a response back from my GML and he said I had a few tweaks to make. Here's the pictures he sent back and what he said:

5UrDybc.jpg
DPN16MW.jpg

"First thing, the back gap.  If there is a way to minimize this that would be ideal.  This one is not a deal breaker as you are a tall stormtrooper and it wasn't really made for people over 5'10.  See if you can wear your chest piece a bit lower and your kidney plate a bit higher.  Like I said though that doesn't disqualify you, it just looks cleaner.

Second, The cover strips on the tops of the thighs need to be trimmed as shown in the pics, trim the tops and lower the drop boxes about 1/4 inch.  EASY fix.

Finally, the kidney plate needs the return edge taken down a bit to be flush like shown in the picture.  Should also be an easy fix."

I guess not a super easy approval. haha Any thought on these tweaks? Thank you! :)

Almost there, sir, and you'll have that TK number under your name soon!

In the first photo below it looks as if the left drop box could come down a little, as it sits too close to the ammo pack above it, but in the second (older) pic it looks perfect!  There should be a minimal gap between the boxes and ABS belt but they should not sit over it.

IeyI2iu.jpg   eajShf1.jpg

References

vo0s2dK.png?1  qwMnIyo.jpg?1 

Although he didn't ding you on it, the thigh cover strips should not go beyond the raised ridges at the bottom.  ;)

Reference images

45yRfib.jpg         E5L7eXO.jpg?1  RlW6Q3x.jpg?1

• Like 1

My impression is that your kidney plate is not overlapping your ab plate, it's just not perfectly flush with it because of curvature. You can do a few things to line these up like adding a tab made out of ABS and a slot to slide it into, or even putting velcro on the tab, which keeps the two parts nice and level with each other.

As Joseph said, minimal gap between ABS belt and drop boxes.

I think if you should a photo of the inside of the thighs, they may ease back on this request. You may need to sand them just a bit to ensure they don't poke you and stand out a little less.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lucnak said:

My impression is that your kidney plate is not overlapping your ab plate, it's just not perfectly flush with it because of curvature. You can do a few things to line these up like adding a tab made out of ABS and a slot to slide it into, or even putting velcro on the tab, which keeps the two parts nice and level with each other.

As Joseph said, minimal gap between ABS belt and drop boxes.

I think if you should a photo of the inside of the thighs, they may ease back on this request. You may need to sand them just a bit to ensure they don't poke you and stand out a little less.

his waist is only 31" at belly button level basicalIy 8" short, It's trimmed to movie size couldnt make it any smaller which would have affected the AB and kidney alignment, I  recomended to add some foam on front of AB plate and in the kidney plate to keep the integrity of the movie look.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

Thanks to all of your help, I am now an official 501st member!  Very proud to be TK 90913 and in the Central California Garrison. Couldn't have done it without all of you! :)

Now time for me to work towards Expert Infantry and Centurion! I'm sure I'll have more questions for all of you coming very soon! Haha

• Like 5